Discovery Gaming Community
Did you know that.... (Discovery edition) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Flood (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Did you know that.... (Discovery edition) (/showthread.php?tid=104330)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: Did you know that.... (Discovery edition) - SMGSterlin - 01-07-2014

(12-18-2013, 02:11 PM)Red Wrote: We once got the entire server to invade the old Admin battleship in the Omicrons. We were all killed by a cat.
Heh.

I remember that... Good times.

EDIT: In relation to this...

Did you know that at one time, there was a cat named "Schródinger's Cat" on the server? Did you know that if A&L Guy forgot to feed it, it would go out and eat some poor unfortunate soul?

RE: Did you know that.... (Discovery edition) - n00bl3t - 01-09-2014

Read this was a good bout of nostalgia.

RE: Did you know that.... (Discovery edition) - CorrupteD - 01-09-2014

Yep,too much nostalgia.
Back in the days when the Viper mk2 was sold in Theta and considered a freelancer ship,back in the days when u could actually visit a full Gamma,kill 10 titans and then have a whole fleet on you while u escape back to theta.
Or the times when you could actuallly interact with people instead of lolwut caps coming at you "o no u iz ebil mi kill u"
Or the times when missiles and stuff actually tracked the target
Or the times when CR,IMG and 101st with all of the maltese lolwuts and factions banged eachother in the head in Tau23 near Java
Or the times when OPG WAS STILL HERE.
Or the times when Hellfluffy Legion invaded Alaska
Or the times when Jim McKinsey was going on a rampage everytime he visited New York and then almost got away from 12 lolwut LNS caps
Or the times when RHA invaded Gamma.
Or the times when Phantoms were roaming freely and shooting everyone up
Or the times when the commies,SCRA,decided to invade literally everything
Or the times when you could piss off a whole 20man group of LN,both faction and indies,and they'd just sit there and laugh along with you....
Damn,i already miss those good ol' times.

RE: Did you know that.... (Discovery edition) - Curios - 01-09-2014

Look at what people got lured out of their caves by this thread x)))

and ye, nostalgia

Did you know that....

when 4 corsairs met 4 hessians it was resulting in 4 separate duels, or if 5 corsairs met 3 hessians or vise-verse 2 were standing out of the fight.

Yup.True story.
Now,who was that lovable RM honeybunny woman who got to lead that bunch of misfits?I remember i had some awesome RP with her as a hessian.
OOOOOOH,Curious,remember Omega 5?
Oh sweet 4.84 and 4.85,i miss you sooo much.

RE: Did you know that.... (Discovery edition) - Sarawr!? - 01-09-2014

Did you know that there was, in fact, a time where the majority could differentiate between inRP animosity and OOC animosity?

Did you know that there was a time when people actually did things that were motivated by the desire for good RP and not by said OOC animosity?

Did you know that back in my day,there were actually PVP whores beside me?
Anywhere i was,there would be pew pewing.Oooooh sweet times.

RE: Did you know that.... (Discovery edition) - Sath - 01-09-2014

(01-09-2014, 02:50 PM)CorrupteD Wrote: Yep,too much nostalgia.
Back in the days when the Viper mk2 was sold in Theta and considered a freelancer ship,back in the days when u could actually visit a full Gamma,kill 10 titans and then have a whole fleet on you while u escape back to theta.
Or the times when you could actuallly interact with people instead of lolwut caps coming at you "o no u iz ebil mi kill u"
Or the times when missiles and stuff actually tracked the target
Or the times when CR,IMG and 101st with all of the maltese lolwuts and factions banged eachother in the head in Tau23 near Java
Or the times when OPG WAS STILL HERE.
Or the times when Hellfluffy Legion invaded Alaska
Or the times when Jim McKinsey was going on a rampage everytime he visited New York and then almost got away from 12 lolwut LNS caps
Or the times when RHA invaded Gamma.
Or the times when Phantoms were roaming freely and shooting everyone up
Or the times when the commies,SCRA,decided to invade literally everything
Or the times when you could piss off a whole 20man group of LN,both faction and indies,and they'd just sit there and laugh along with you....
Damn,i already miss those good ol' times.

Seems great.I actually started playing out during 4.84,but didnt make good money and I didnt know anything about the active forums at that time.So,my character eventually fell apart and I couldnt survive.Now,I feel like I have missed all those good times.

Who is Jim McKinsey by the way?

Jim McKinsey?You dunno who Jim boy is?
He's one of my ooooooooldest chars,first an outcast who gave lil to no pucks about oc RP and decided to pirate literally everywhere with an OC IFF and pirate ID,then i stopped in Liberty and joined the Hellfire Legion,or as i like to call it,Hellfluffy legion and basicly,i was all about shootin'.Lil to no RP,just mocking the navy,LSF,LPI and shootin' em up.Aaah,fun times.
OH OH,found my old pbucket account,incoming screenshots of the past!
[Image: screen144.jpg]

RE: Did you know that.... (Discovery edition) - Treewyrm - 01-09-2014

- Vanilla caps used to have multiple parts, allowing splash damage weapons multiple damage by amount of parts blast radius covered
- .83 battleship flak cannon, was an almost invisible tiny dot projectile that dealt invisible explosion with wide radius slash damage (aka bane of vanilla caps)
- Deleting ships outright as a sanction punishment was common, as is turning them into starfliers and placing at Temple of Revenant
- Nomad ships were available to purchase from Planet Gammu but were not allowed to be flown - players who did that were sanctioned by admins (few escaped though)
- At one point Nomad ships were to be removed from the mod for .84 update
- The infamous Harris traderoute where you simply trade goods between the planet and bretonia battleship stationed right outside
- Dyson sphere inner system had jumpholes and was a part of trading route
- Several factions (Gallia being most notorious for that) had NPC bombers who, while had no clue about how to properly use SNAC, had infinite powerplant
- Helghast faction and had own Helghast ID
- Asgard Warriors aka zoner-kinda-sirius-police-force
- Actual Neutral ID before it was made non-RP item