Discovery Gaming Community
Did you know that.... (Discovery edition) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Flood (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Did you know that.... (Discovery edition) (/showthread.php?tid=104330)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: Did you know that.... (Discovery edition) - Fluffyball - 07-19-2014

Did you know that:
word "Renzu" in Renzu Corporation isn't a fully Japanese word? The original word was remade into Japanese prounouncation and writing (re-n-zu; レンズ) that came from Dutch traders in XVII // 16th Century. Renzu is just simply "Lens".

Japanese words of Dutch-origin here

RE: Did you know that.... (Discovery edition) - Vredes - 07-19-2014

I am glad that my OC dread got out somehow from the asteroids back then. It was stuck for like a week Big Grin
There were some various crazy shit and I got sanctioned for everything, After an year I learner the rules the hard way and after another year I made a forum acc Big Grin

RE: Did you know that.... (Discovery edition) - Captain - 08-02-2014

(07-19-2014, 09:34 AM)Toji-Haku Wrote: Did you know that:
word "Renzu" in Renzu Corporation isn't a fully Japanese word? The original word was remade into Japanese prounouncation and writing (re-n-zu; レンズ) that came from Dutch traders in XVII // 16th Century. Renzu is just simply "Lens".

Japanese words of Dutch-origin here

now that is something I really did not know,

RE: Did you know that.... (Discovery edition) - Gulryz - 08-09-2014

That's interesting thread

RE: Did you know that.... (Discovery edition) - Tenacity - 09-01-2014

Cardamine and Artifact smugglers used to fly through the Order guard system. I kept myself quite entertained using an order cruiser to blow up those transports.

Junkers used to be able to fly in Kusari, with only the risk from farmer/hogosha players to stop them (of which there were none, other than zelot, it's all his fault).

Indy LSF and LN players werent allowed in alaska, or even in the area wehre the jumpgate to alaska is - only official faction liberty navy players were. My first non-trading character was an LSF liberty gunboat, and I was both destroyed by official faction LN players while 'protecting' the jumpgate to alaska from smugglers, as well as sanctioned by admins, because of being totally in-character/RP. Fun, yea?

Nomads used to be exclusive.

The Order used to be practically exclusive.

Before it was taken over by the lolwuts we have today, the Order was run by a high command group consisting of both official faction and "indy" players (myself one of the indies) - an attempt to represent the interests of both groups that actually worked out pretty well in an age of constant bickering between factions and indies.

Official factions used to be able to pay the admins for purchase of a guard system, and then could control the usage of ships sold only in that guard system.

RE: Did you know that.... (Discovery edition) - SnakeLancerHaven - 09-01-2014

hue nvm

RE: Did you know that.... (Discovery edition) - The.Outlaw.Star - 09-18-2014

....We had a research ID

....Nomad battleships would spawn in Kappa!

....there was more snuggling

RE: Did you know that.... (Discovery edition) - Fluffyball - 09-18-2014

(09-18-2014, 01:34 AM)The.Outlaw.Star Wrote: ....there was more snuggling
[Image: e7cLFNN.jpg]

RE: Did you know that.... (Discovery edition) - Eonaros - 09-30-2014

sindroms Wrote:Did you know that Discovery has a neo-nazi group consisting of 6 people?
No way. What did those guys found interesting in discovery ?

RE: Did you know that.... (Discovery edition) - mang109 - 10-08-2014

Well, I only checked the top post....

but has no-one mentioned "The Joker" yet ?

I remember in 4.85 when he was flying round in an OC Gunship and a few 'Jokers.Henchmen' (or something like that) following him, killing everything.

The rage on the forums was unimaginable. He would ask Miners to drop their cargo, and wouldn't accept credits, and no-one would cope with this. It was so close to the real 'Joker' character it was mad.

I think in the end he got banned for having equipment that didn't match the tech chart (already mentioned) a few times, but over all was pretty cool. Not sure when he disappeared, but after that it got quiet.

I feel so old, this all feels like yesterday but it was 4 years ago!