Discovery Gaming Community
Turret Steering Camera Auto Adjustment - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Turret Steering Camera Auto Adjustment (/showthread.php?tid=105211)

Pages: 1 2

Turret Steering Camera Auto Adjustment - BattleHammer - 09-22-2013

So, lately i've been bored with snub fights and have decided to hone my TS skills and one thing that really bugs me and makes it much more difficult is the fact that the camera is constantly fighting me! It's always trying to change the angle of view while I am zoomed out and trying to aim.

Is there a way to disable the auto-correction of the camera during TS?
Also, any tips on fighting while TS/TZ is welcomed.

Thx Smile

RE: Turret Steering Camera Auto Adjustment - nOmnomnOm - 09-22-2013

Press space to lock the camera and zoom out completely so you wont really care about the fighting of it. Then just turret steer with a different set of keys for moving up, down, right, and left instead of using the mouse and a near-by key for thrust.

Should be fine if u do that.

Edit: You can still move the camera when u press space. It will just be easier to do it and you will have more control.

Hope that helps. Play around with it.

RE: Turret Steering Camera Auto Adjustment - BattleHammer - 09-22-2013

(09-22-2013, 03:16 AM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: Press space to lock the camera and zoom out completely so you wont really care about the fighting of it. Then just turret steer with a different set of keys for moving up, down, right, and left instead of using the mouse and a near-by key for thrust.

Edit: You can still move the camera when u press space. It will just be easier to do it and you will have more control.

Thanks for the reply! I think i might be doing something wrong though because when i press the space bar to lock the camera, it also makes it so i cannot turn or strafe. My turn/strafe keys just move the camera side to side....

Maybe I have my buttons setup wrong?

RE: Turret Steering Camera Auto Adjustment - glassofwater - 09-22-2013

How about we just find a way to fix it so we don't have to have the camera being moved derp like by any subtle mouse movements. 'cause I'm sure there's a way to lock the camera to the current view aligned with the ship in turret steer. Guess this is all personal preference but it's similar to how I play first person shooters, I don't just aim with the right thumbstick. I aim with the left. So, rather than moving my head, I side step to get the shots. Not sure if this all makes sense. But regardless, if the camera locked when you turret steered that'd be great.

RE: Turret Steering Camera Auto Adjustment - BattleHammer - 09-22-2013

That's exactly what i was looking for, there must be a way to turn off the auto-adjustment of the camera entirely. Maybe some ini file needs to be edited or something...

For now though, i'm going to try and get noms suggestion to work somehow Smile

RE: Turret Steering Camera Auto Adjustment - Syrus - 09-22-2013

Wasn't it at first fine, when the TS came? For the short time, just at the beginning? Maybe I'm wrong.

I know though, that Cannon said it couldn't be fixed properly, he tried and couldn't do it.
I'd love if the damn camera would stop moving the other direction when I turn, I mean, it works for vertical movement, but why not for horizontal?

RE: Turret Steering Camera Auto Adjustment - Nerva - 09-22-2013

(09-22-2013, 07:17 PM)Syrus Wrote: Wasn't it at first fine, when the TS came? For the short time, just at the beginning? Maybe I'm wrong.

You aren't wrong. It was working at some point in 4.86, but one of the updates broke it. When it was working, the camera would stay in a fixed location relative to your ship.

RE: Turret Steering Camera Auto Adjustment - Ursus - 09-22-2013

yeah it worked correctly for a single beta release of 4.86, never worked properly after that

RE: Turret Steering Camera Auto Adjustment - Veygaar - 09-22-2013

I have a pretty easy time with it personally. Just hold down my Left Mouse Button most the time and it feels quite natural.

RE: Turret Steering Camera Auto Adjustment - nOmnomnOm - 09-22-2013

(09-22-2013, 08:20 AM)BattleHammer Wrote:
(09-22-2013, 03:16 AM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: Press space to lock the camera and zoom out completely so you wont really care about the fighting of it. Then just turret steer with a different set of keys for moving up, down, right, and left instead of using the mouse and a near-by key for thrust.

Thanks for the reply! I think i might be doing something wrong though because when i press the space bar to lock the camera, it also makes it so i cannot turn or strafe. My turn/strafe keys just move the camera side to side....

Maybe I have my buttons setup wrong?

Forgot one thing.

im pretty sure u have to hold down the left mouse button.