Discovery Gaming Community
Admin Notice: Community Rules Updated - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Admin Notice: Community Rules Updated (/showthread.php?tid=105849)

Pages: 1 2 3

Admin Notice: Community Rules Updated - aerelm - 10-15-2013

New revision of the community rules can be accessed here:

The intent behind this rules rewrite was to make the community rules easier to read and follow, so apart from a few minor adjustments to some of the rules, the general rule set of the community is staying the same. Still, please take a few minutes to go through the new set of rules and familiarize yourself with them.

These rules are effective immediately and every member of the community is expected to follow them from now on.

Additionally, see the second post for more updates.

P.S: As you may have noticed, official faction rules have not been changed yet. That part of the new rules revision is still being worked on, and a new notice will be posted when those parts are updated and implemented.

RE: Admin Notice: Community Rules Updated - aerelm - 10-15-2013

On other news:
  1. Hellfire Legion ID is now open to public.

You can get this ID by using the LiHellfire restart. Please study the lore of this faction and also the allowances and restrictions of their ID if you're interested in making a character to roleplay a Legionnaire. Furthermore, since the ID has changed a bit before becoming open, we'd also advise members of the [HF] to re-read their IDs and adjust their ingame roleplay accordingly.

2. Hostile rephack toward Gallia is removed from the Zoner ID.

As this rephack was mainly put in place due to a series of old player interactions dating back to 2009 and 2010, and every major Zoner group ever since have worked their way back to the good side of the Royalist forces, this rephack is now removed. Note that your rep will not be fixed automatically, but the removal of this rephack allows you to fix your reputation yourself.

3. /restart Beginner added.

This restart is available for players who joined during the beta testing and now have lost all of their characters due to the rollback. This restart is not much, and is only available for a limited time, but it gives players a head-start by helping them skip the work for their first few millions and provide them with a moderately equipped Gull parked on Planet Erie.

4. New bug report threads.

With update 3 released, our developers will be going through the old bug report threads, documenting the latest posts in those and then closing them. Expect the new official bug report threads up and running within a day or two. For the time being, if the thread related to the bug you're trying to report is locked, please refrain from making a new thread for it and simply wait a day or two and then make the post in the proper thread. Thank you.

RE: Admin Notice: Community Rules Updated - Mercarryn - 10-15-2013

Okay, a little suggestion from my side. Perhaps include the bounty board rules so we have a full set of rules for the server at one place.

Then I got a little question regarding this rule:

Quote:Characters of level 29 and below may not be attacked while using a recruit ID, unless they:

So I assume that new set up ships with the restarts can be attacked at once although they are level 29? Hmm, as the set up of new chars is considered oorp perhaps change this rule a little bit.

Quote:Bretonia

New London
Dublin
Leeds
Manchester
Newcastle
Cambridge

Wasn`t Poole or Salisbury changed into a regular system? (Not sure, I am not that much around in Bretonian part of the server).

Quote:Liberty

New York
Texas
California
Colorado
Alaska
Ontario
Minnesota

Same like Bretonia, what about Ellesmere? I heard the rumor it was not a guard system anymore. If that rumor is true, it should perhaps be included into Liberty house space as well.

RE: Admin Notice: Community Rules Updated - aerelm - 10-15-2013

House space system list is not strictly speaking up to date according to 4.87 system changes yet.

That post (As well as ID ZoIs) is going to be reworked along with official faction rules and bounty board rules.

RE: Admin Notice: Community Rules Updated - Fyodor - 10-15-2013

Would be easier to read if you made the numbering bold and underlined or another color like this 3.1

For the recruit ID thing, very few people actually set up their ships or do missions to set up while they are below level 29. So maybe you should protect people if they are below level 29 OR if they have a recruit ID regardless of level.

For the naming conventions, you write a lot of text just to say dont use crazy symbols. I think you should also add that the name must be remotely realistic for a ship or person. For example I see names like I'm.not.a.Bomber or LNS-You.What.Mate? that are just as bad for the game immersion and obviously just meant to troll. Why call it a RP server or bother about smilies and leetspeak when you let people use totally OORP names?

RE: Admin Notice: Community Rules Updated - Lonely Werewolf - 10-15-2013

Aye, hopefully Alberta will now count as Liberty space. With the Liberty battleship there along with the supergate it makes sense. That or Alberta gets added to the relevant factions ZOIs, DSE/Ageira should be able to defend their project after all.

RE: Admin Notice: Community Rules Updated - Just.Dave - 10-15-2013

3.4 Fleeing from combat and then docking at a station or planet while you are in range of the ship you were fighting counts as PvP death. Transports and freighters are exempt from this rule.

Wounding does this imply to Repair ships and "battle" freighters e.g grizzle, Camara and Pelican that are use as cheap gunboats.

RE: Admin Notice: Community Rules Updated - AlphaWolf215 - 10-15-2013

(10-15-2013, 12:00 PM)aerelm Wrote:

Hellfire Legion ID is now open to public.

You can get this ID by using the LiHellfire restart. Please study the lore of this faction and also the allowances and restrictions of their ID if you're interested in making a character to roleplay a Legionnaire. Furthermore, since the ID has changed a bit before becoming open, we'd also advise members of the [HF] to re-read their IDs and adjust their ingame roleplay accordingly.

Having checked the ID, and read this line:

Quote:Allowed ships -> Fighters, freighters, transports, gunboats

I must ask, the ID that allows battleships and such, is this saved for an official faction, SRP, or gone completely. If the last option, how can we get the HF Cruiser and Battleship if we was to set up a HF faction?

Just a few questions, thanks in advance.

RE: Admin Notice: Community Rules Updated - Binski - 10-15-2013

Quote:Every player must have one ID equipped on their ship. Actual ID items do not exist in roleplay and players must be treated based on their IFF, however, every player should follow the restrictions and allowances listed in their ID. In cases where these restrictions and allowances conflict with the server rules, the ID overrides the rules.

Questions first:Must we have an IFF at all ? Can no IFF be construed as independent or ok for freelancers? What if you prefer no affiliation? If you have just a faction ID but no IFF you're a...no body? (still following the rules of your ID). To be honest, has it always been this way... ID's not being inrp? And IFF is the new ID when referring to ships basically, since if i see a ship with an IMG ID but colonial IFF, Id say I saw a member of the CR, not the IMG. I forsee this will cause some problems and a lot of confusion.

Examples:
If you see an Order ship (fighter or gb or whatev) with a freelancer ID but Order IFF, he is a member of the Order, but follows freelancer rules. Or with a zoner ID, he gets treated like the order, but not obliged to have an Order ID, so wouldn't even be able to demand nomad remains or have them.

Therefore it would make sense that whatever ID you sport you'll have automatic IFF of. And again, what if you don't want to display an IFF? Seems like the IFF should be made to reflect ID, or just fix it so if you want to display an IFF, it will show as 'friendly, neutral, or hostile' to anyone around you based on the rep, not any faction in particular. That way you could, from 10k away, get a beat on a ship, see its color for rep, its IFF would say 'friendly, neutral, hostil, and the ID would tell you what kind of char it is. You could have ships that are neutral to you rep wise, but belong to a 'hostile' faction faction, and be able to see that from outside of scanning range (not needing to see ID to determine next action, but still need it to determine your ultimate stance, meaning you must get within scanning range to carry on if you want to engage)

OR,

Suggestions:
instead of 'friendly, neutral, hostile' it could be 'lawful, quasi, unlawful' or some abbreviations of those, so simply show what kind of char the person is using at that time. having the ability to ID as one faction yet display from a distance as another has always allowed for some slippery actions by some. This way it does more than just add another way to show what group you work for, by showing a sort of character status instead.

This way you can see a transport in the distance, you get its name, its white, and a 'quasi' IFF, once you get close enough, it may be a freelancer or zoner etc, depends on your personal rep. Instead of seeing a 'bmm' iff and finding out it flies a freelancer id, you'd treat it as a freelancer unless it had a bmm ID. ID's totally should be inRP, and the IFF will soley be determined by ID flown. NO IFF would indicate no ID flying, or no affiliation chosen.

I think my main point is, what's the point of showing a faction IFF, and being treated as that, when you may not necessarily need to ACT like that since you may not be flying the corresponding ID.

RE: Admin Notice: Community Rules Updated - Switchback - 10-15-2013

Looked at the rules.

Is the swearing rule gone?

And:

Quote:Disabling vSync to gain a framerate of 160 or higher.

So essentially if my computer is good and my frames go over 160 then I am considered a cheater? That logic.