Discovery Gaming Community
A class of Discordia (WARNING: Not for the Pineally-challenged) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: A class of Discordia (WARNING: Not for the Pineally-challenged) (/showthread.php?tid=108081)

A class of Discordia (WARNING: Not for the Pineally-challenged) - rainth345 - 11-30-2013

A Brief discussion

"Order!! Order! I SAID ORDER!!"

"But Professor aren't we here to study Discordianism?"

"Aha! That's where you are wrong! Who here thinks the same as this student??", almost at once all of them raised their hands.

"Fine... fine... Put them down. *pauses* Now, Discordianism isn't all just about Chaos and Disorder... there's more to it than there is. You will learn more about it in time. But for now, the class is free to do whatever it pleases."

All of the students cheer, "HOORAH!", and do all sorts of stuff. This continued until the dismissal of the class.

'This will be a great start...'

RE: A class of Discordia (WARNING: Not for the Pineally-challenged) - rainth345 - 11-30-2013

A Lecture on Discordia

And so the students returned the next day. Some expecting the same from the Professor. Some expecting the Professor to begin the lesson. They were divided on their expectations but united in waiting. They waited for a good 10 minutes. Sitting on their hardy chairs, looking at the doorway. Some already dozed off, probably slept late the night before. Some gossiping about the latest trends. Then suddenly...

Woosh... BANG...

Went the door... some were surprised at the entrance of the Professor. Several pairs of eyes fixed on the being that just entered. He walked briskly to the platform and once reaching the table, turned to face the students. Surveying them.

*he smiled*

Some were staring at him. Some were still dozing. Others, kept about their own business. Without a word... the professor bursts out laughing.

This time all of the students turned their heads toward what was happening. Now the Professor had everyone's attention...

"Professor... is everything okay?", one of the students asks. And, just as fast laughter turns into a grin.

"Yes, Yes... everything's fine my dear students. I'd like to point out, though, that I've proven my point about what I said yesterday."

"I'm not sure what you mean, Professor...", and most students nod in curiosity.

"Let me explain...", he claps his hands and the lights go out. A projector-like device drops down from the ceiling and begins rolling.

"This was the -state- of the classroom moments ago...", a few giggles are heard.

"Now watch closely what happens next....", the students were still wondering what the Professor meant. As the film ends, whispers suddenly arise.

"You may have notice. That the -state- of the classroom was normal... Just like an ordinary classroom.... A little bit chaotic... and even when I entered it was still in the 'normal' state. A healthy mix of order and disorder. *he pauses* it took a big event, such as the sudden burst of laughter, to catch your attention and bring the whole classroom under control. In effect, dominating the state of the classroom with order. And I'm still dominating it right now.", whispers of disbelief fills the room after this remark.

"Just as you are whispering right now... distorts the very order of the classroom, signifying the relentless efforts of disorder to balance itself out.", the whole classroom stops to listen in more. "A state of balance exists in this world. Two 'realities' fighting each other, but the other is more dominating. The state of orderliness can only be maintained for so long. Ultimately, it will return to a chaotic stance.... It's basic form, if you want to put it that way.", the eyes of every student in the room became widened as they came to know more. It was as if their world had been shaken to its very roots. Surely they wanted to know more, but then the bell rang... signalling the end of class. Who knew that time had already gone by?

RE: A class of Discordia (WARNING: Not for the Pineally-challenged) - rainth345 - 01-26-2014

Examinations? or Exaggerations?

Weeks have passed since the students first met the Professor. The students were having the time of their lives. Every day, there was something new to learn. Every day, laughter to be heard. But there comes a time, where as a student, you had to progress in order to achieve what being a student really means.

Exams... Tests... These "academic instruments" seem like unnecessary things that every student has to go through during their education. It was as if somebody during the olden times thought of a way of finding out if the students really paid attention and learned the subject.

As the preliminary exam period was coming nearer and nearer, more and more students felt their courage fading away. The lessons were becoming harder to comprehend.

Some students were beginning to think of dropping the course. The Professor sensed this and one day, decided to stop lecturing.

"Tei Kallisti!", said the Professor has he entered the class.

"Tei... Kallisti......", muttered the students. It was if the life had been sucked out of them.

"Ey? What's the matter?"

One of the students stands to speak,"Well... sir, if you must know. The preliminaries start next week and well... could you... sir? uhm... help us out? Like, what to expect? Where to focus one? You know...... sir?"

The professor grinned then said,"Oh dear oh dear... Have you not learned this past few weeks? If you were paying attention, then you shouldn't be all too worried about the preliminaries."

"But... sir! We're trying our best... but... but.. the principles get weirder and weirder to the point where nothing makes sense...", cried one of them.

*The Professor grins heavily*

"My dear students... Understanding Discordianism takes a very peculiar way. Logic alone cannot comprehend the complexities and trivialities of this wildly controversial philosophy/religion. Call it religion... Call it philosophy. It is the line of thought that matters. At first, you may not understand it... but give it time and everything will become clear."

With this, the students mostly regained their confidence and went on to face the rigorous exam. When the examination day came, the students were given the chance of either taking the exam or "bugging out from taking it". The examiner told them that if they bugged out, they would get an automatically passing mark. All but one student took the exam and this student failed to realize the importance of facing obstacles. What he didn't knew is that his classmates got high scores on a single question imposed on the exam, "If this were a real test, what would your score be and why?