Discovery Gaming Community
Hiroshima development - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+---- Forum: Discovery Unofficial Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=389)
+----- Forum: Discovery Mod Content Submissions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+----- Thread: Hiroshima development (/showthread.php?tid=10834)

Hiroshima development - LoTeK_ - 07-31-2008

Hiroshima development
mods by [KNF]

Modeling: Old Steel
Inforcards: LoTeK_, Old Steel, AoE
Commodities: Mjolnir, LoTeK_ (See Hiroshima commodities)

Modeled and tested basing on [KNF] members feedback and some hints by Kuraine (infocards).
As per System submission guidelines, Igiss has been contacted for some special changes and has generally agreed.
We will of course edit accordingly to his dispositions and/or community feedback.
Hiroshima 4.85 Beta v1e
Hiroshima 4.85 Beta v1d Navmap
Development completed, final version sent to Igiss.

Changelog:

v1d
-Changed the sun color (no lightning changes, just a more appropriate visual style)
-Added Kure Shipyard
-Added Iwo Jima cloud
-Added debris field inside Iwo Jima cloud
-Added lethal (almost instant death) radiation field on debris inside Iwo Jima cloud
-Added navbuoys to mark radiation field position
-Moved Oita jh further away from NT/Honshu jh according to the new Iwo Jima cloud
-Moved Matsuyama Planet and Matsue Base according to the Iwo Jima cloud to more realistic positions
-Added KNF (not guard) Battleship patrols in the heart of the system
-Added stationary dd weapon platforms on key locations (jhs, Kure, Matsue)

v1e
-The three weapon-platforms of each jumphole have now 1.5k distance to the jumphole
-The two DD pairs have now the jumphole in its weaponsrange (Cerberus turrets).

Kure Shipyard - picture

(Use Old Steel shipyard model)

Built in 817 AS, Kure shipyard is the latest acquisition of the Naval Forces.
Superior equipment does not only give it the ability for construction and maintainment of all Naval Forces capital ships, it is also known as a research and development center.
Parts are temporarily used as storage for the toxic waste gathered from the Iwo Jima cloud.

Iwo Jima Cloud

(Use Old Steel cloud model)

The Iwo Jima cloud is an outcropping of the Crow nebula attracted by the Hiroshima's twin suns gravitational field.
Venturing inside is to avoid, because of extreme high radiation sweeping its depths, apparently produced by the remaining parts of a destroyed station.
Rumors are spread about a failed antimatter experiment by the Naval Forces.

Kure Shipyard builds:
Kusari Battleship
Kusari Destroyer
Kusari Gunboat

Battleship Sado builds:
Kusari "Catamaran" Bomber (replacing the Dragon)
Kusari "Chimaera" Very Heavy Fighter
Kusari "Wyrm" Light Fighter

Matsue Base builds:
Nothing

Hiroshima development - Thexare - 08-01-2008

I'm gonna try my hand at rewriting the descriptions. You've got some awkward phrasing in there. I'm a bit tired, so I may be able to do better tomorrow...

' Wrote:Built in 817 AS, Kure shipyard is the latest acquisition of the Naval Forces.
Superior equipment does not only give it the ability for construction and maintainment of all Naval Forces capital ships, it is also known as a research and development center.
Parts are temporarily used as storage for the toxic waste gathered from the Iwo Jima cloud.

"Built in 817 AS, Kure Shipyard is the latest acquisition of the Kusari Naval Forces. Thanks to its superior equipment, it can be used for research and development as well as capital ship construction and maintenance. Some sections are temporarily used as storage for the toxic waste gathered from the Iwo Jima Cloud."

Quote:The Iwo Jima cloud is an outcropping of the Crow nebula attracted by the Hiroshima's twin suns gravitational field.
Venturing inside is to avoid, because of extreme high radiation sweeping its depths, apparently produced by the remaining parts of a destroyed station.
Rumors are spread about a failed antimatter experiment by the Naval Forces.

"The Iwo Jima cloud is an outcropping of the Crow Nebula, attracted by Hiroshima's two suns. The cloud is very dangerous, due to particularly high radiation surrounding a destroyed station. Rumors of a failed antimatter experiment persist, but have not been confirmed."

Hiroshima development - Hyperion - 08-02-2008

Looks good

' Wrote:Kure Shipyard - picture

and i realy like the shipyard model :cool:

Hiroshima development - old.steel - 08-05-2008

Thx:)

Seems everything is ok.
I'm preparing the submission archive then.

Heck this checklist reminds me of my tax declaration... :wacko:

Hiroshima development - kingvaillant - 08-05-2008

could you explain how you actually made the shipyard ?

I'm curious... Really curious, cuz I'm doing a custom base too. Just that changing logs manually takes ages. . .

Hiroshima development - old.steel - 08-06-2008

' Wrote:could you explain how you actually made the shipyard ?

I'm curious... Really curious, cuz I'm doing a custom base too. Just that changing logs manually takes ages. . .

I used FL Exlorer by Colin Sanby.
You nedd to add several objects with the base as parent (checkbox).
Then use the build in base editor (right click on the base).
You need some time to get familiar with it.

Hiroshima development - kingvaillant - 08-06-2008

ahh ben tabarnak....

I've never seen that option before.......That is odd...

WELL THANKS ALOT FOR THE INFO!!!!! IT SAVES ME HOURS OF WORK

:dance: