Discovery Gaming Community
Harvester SHF - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+---- Forum: Discovery Unofficial Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=389)
+----- Forum: Discovery Mod Content Submissions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+----- Thread: Harvester SHF (/showthread.php?tid=10879)

Pages: 1 2 3

Harvester SHF - Jinx - 08-01-2008

This is the fighter concept i have for the harvesters ( or the alien design to go with the "harvester" capital ship ) - it is meant to replace the Marsflyer - which is currently a generic SHF located at isis. ( but hardly in use by anyone )

i chose that, cause its mostly ooRP as a ship and cause it has some neat little effects. - firstly, its the cool sound of the marsflyer, which is not the engine sound, but a ringing tone. - then there are the lights...

[Image: harvesterfighterSHF.jpg]

since this is the first "ingame" run - i will adjust the lights a little - i just had to attach them to get a feeling for them. - the guns are all located in the very center of the ship and will - as shown on the bottom picture - illuminate the ships internal frame nicely when fired ( guns are included with the ship )

the ship itself has no torpslot, but a mine and CM dropper. - currently, i have scaled it to be fairly small - ( nomad assassin size ) instead of SHF size, but the agility is that of the SHF - which appears to work fairly well.

as a design slightly derived from dom kavosh concepts - i think the sound does well... its not the screech of the nomad fighters, but a much more mechanical ringing - those that have flown the marsflyer know it - and it fits well to this ship, i think. - i d keep the ambient light green. ....

the current guns ( the ones that come with the ship ) deplete the ships energycore ( i think its 64.000 ) in around 5 seconds. - the hitbox should be easy - a nomad LF hitbox fits perfectly well.

Harvester SHF - Culebra - 08-01-2008

I see we are keeping the squid theme. How did you get it to grow green like that and wich part is the front?

Harvester SHF - Dusty Lens - 08-01-2008

Hey! I found the universal remote!

This model would make really good use of that ship's rather awesome yet peculiar attributes. You're doing a splendid job of turning the various odd random ships in the wastes into useful mabobs!

My only question be if the current harvey prototype is nearly this green, it looked pretty standard to me.

Harvester SHF - worldstrider - 08-01-2008

I have a role play ongoing with a single alien ship and suspended it becaseu I was afraid the 'lil marsflyer would banish in the update. This would be great to have for those occasions.
Looks really cool.

Harvester SHF - Jinx - 08-01-2008

"which part is the front" - the bigger part - it follows the warships proportions.
"how did i get the green parts glow" - i didn t ... its scripted for the marsflyer, but i used it and included it in the concept before i started modelling ( they are not in the right location right now - i had to check which of the blowing orbs is how big - they have different sizes )
"we keep the squid theme" - well, of course.... gotto fit to the capital ships somehow.

think of it as as proto ship. - something ancient like the other harvester ship ( or something brand new whatever you like ) - its modelled to resemble certain vanilla ships without copying them.

Harvester SHF - Shagohad - 08-02-2008

Is maybe it a robot? I think it will work great with the machine RP that is springing up. Hell, I'll buy three of 'em.

Harvester SHF - Jinx - 08-02-2008

hm - of course its an AI ship. - its basicly made for the harvesters ( AIs ) - but the ID card would suggest to be a pilotable ship based on zoner plans - like the harvester capship ( so that other servers can use the ship as well )

Harvester SHF - Drake - 08-02-2008

Wow, that's a cool ship. Makes me want to write up some background for a character who flies one.

Does the Marsflyer still have the super-turrets which people used to take and put on other ships? I would hope so, because the 5-second drain is pretty harsh.

Harvester SHF - Jinx - 08-02-2008

it MUST have the turrets, they are predefined for the ship - but they were nerft. - instead of 0 energy / shot, they now use 2000 energy:laugh:. - i still use them on my ship , but mind... i haven t had a pvp with them.

but yea - they are coming with the ship... but if the harvesters used it, they could simply replace them with normal guns.

the default marsflyer guns mess up the targetting quite a lot, too. - cause all the guns fire at very different speeds. - 64k energy is enough to mount 5 codes and 2 lvl5 turrets though and fire for a long long long time.

Harvester SHF - Panzer - 08-02-2008

Another goodie.

Now our lovable robots only lack a gunboat