Discovery Gaming Community
(JUST AN IDEA) operation black storm [OC-Nomads-wilde vs. CR+Order - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Server Events (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=411)
+---- Forum: Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+---- Thread: (JUST AN IDEA) operation black storm [OC-Nomads-wilde vs. CR+Order (/showthread.php?tid=109722)

(JUST AN IDEA) operation black storm [OC-Nomads-wilde vs. CR+Order - 7AlphaOne1 - 01-04-2014

new idea:

plot:

Outcasts an Order tensions finally break out. Order asks CR for help. Outcasts seek out the aliens and they agree, for they need cardamine. Outcast forces gather at Galicia, while all colonial and Order fleet ships are at falkland base and fp10 respectively, setting a fire-at-will perimeter around the 81 jh in tau 37.

suddenly, a nomad (weak ship) bursts into tau 37, causing all forces to advance and destroy any and all outcasts and nomads in tau 37 and vicinity of puertollano observation post, and destroy the station

involved groups:

Coloinal Republic (CR|)
Order ( Order|, 141|, O'Rhu: first come, first served, but mixed fleet, apply in this thread)

Outcasts (since CL and 101 are currently fighting, first come , first served. indies also welcome)
K'hara ( no indies here, sorry)
das wilde( only 1 spot, das wilde or isejin)

Admin(to kill cheaters)

fleets:

Order:

bs x 1
carrier/bc x1
cruiser x 1
gunboats x 2
bombers x2
fighters x 5
total : 12

colonial:

bs x 1
carrier/bc x n.a.
cruiser x 2
gb x2
bomber x2
fighter x 5
total : 12

outcast:

bs x1
bc/carrier x n.a
cruiser ( dessie) x 1
gb x2
bomber x2
fighter x 2
total : 8(note : force reduced due to civil war)

nomad:
bs x 1
bc/carrier x n.a
cruiser x 2
gb x 2
bomber x 2
fighter x 5
total :12

wilde/isejin:
fighter x 2

outcome:

if Order and CR win, puertollano observation post will turn fp7 like. Colonials might also step up npc pwtrols here(snubs only). Outcasts will stage long term defensive measures and 81 will become warzone.

If Outcast side wins, outcasts will stage counter offensive, and might lay seige on falkland base, will be covered in later event.

nomads and wilde do not get affected whether win or lose.

Date and time :currently unscheduled, might also be cancelled, depends on feedback. DO NOT APPLY RIGHT NOW, EVENT IS NOT YET CONFIRMED. THIS IS JUST AN IDEA.

feedback is requested.

thanks!

RE: operation black storm [OC-Nomads-wilde vs. CR+Order - SummerMcLovin - 01-04-2014

This would definitely have benefited from talking to the factions involved, probably even the one your are in (Order|) since Golly's not mentioned it to me at all.

If you had done so, you may have been informed that the diplomatic state of affairs you are trying to usher in already exists on all sides (although Nomads/Outcasts are still fairly case-by-case). The civil war is long over too, and at least where inRP things are concerned, the two factions get along. Mixed fleets (especially with the stark difference in the balancing of Nomad/OC heavies and CR/Order light ones) should probably be left to those involved too, not enough snubs here would mean the first caps to die heavily affect the entire flow of battle.
Basing events around removing base entries - this has always been a dev-stated problem, while changing IFF ala FP4 doesn't have the same problems - is also something that should be done with the consent of all factions involved plus the devs and Admins.

Some sort of event similar to the Coronado one based around the Tau-117/Drake gate could be of interest though, but again talk to Golly before posting things like this.

RE: operation black storm [OC-Nomads-wilde vs. CR+Order - 7AlphaOne1 - 01-05-2014

(01-04-2014, 09:36 PM)SummerMcLovin Wrote: This would definitely have benefited from talking to the factions involved, probably even the one your are in (Order|) since Golly's not mentioned it to me at all.

If you had done so, you may have been informed that the diplomatic state of affairs you are trying to usher in already exists on all sides (although Nomads/Outcasts are still fairly case-by-case). The civil war is long over too, and at least where inRP things are concerned, the two factions get along. Mixed fleets (especially with the stark difference in the balancing of Nomad/OC heavies and CR/Order light ones) should probably be left to those involved too, not enough snubs here would mean the first caps to die heavily affect the entire flow of battle.
Basing events around removing base entries - this has always been a dev-stated problem, while changing IFF ala FP4 doesn't have the same problems - is also something that should be done with the consent of all factions involved plus the devs and Admins.

Some sort of event similar to the Coronado one based around the Tau-117/Drake gate could be of interest though, but again talk to Golly before posting things like this.
it is just an idea. if people like it, I am gonna put it up, and talk to thecpeople involved.

thats why ther3 is a poll and feedback iscrequested

anyways, thanks for the info. this is my first event idea, just want3d to get an idea and mould it according to feedback.

RE: (JUST AN IDEA) operation black storm [OC-Nomads-wilde vs. CR+Order - Coin - 01-05-2014

sairs not invited?

RE: (JUST AN IDEA) operation black storm [OC-Nomads-wilde vs. CR+Order - Remnant - 01-05-2014

Honestly, getting the Nomads involved in a human matter doesn't make too much sense. There isn't a guarantee that if the Outcasts need help, the Nomads will indeed go ahead and provide such.

There'd have to be a reason which would effect the Nomads as a whole to get a reaction out of that.

This can be worked out eventually of course, however that's merely a initial thought.

There isn't too much else that I can see about the Nomad side, i'm no professional when dealings come to the Order, and Outcasts.

RE: (JUST AN IDEA) operation black storm [OC-Nomads-wilde vs. CR+Order - Haste - 01-05-2014

Seems a bit optimistic that you're aiming for some 48 players involved too.

Also, the OC civil war has been over for a month or two.

RE: (JUST AN IDEA) operation black storm [OC-Nomads-wilde vs. CR+Order - 7AlphaOne1 - 01-12-2014

@Coin:
Sairs cant just turn up at Tau 37, not suitable for rping

@moveit56:
Outcasts are primary source of wilde and cardamine for nomads. so , nomads need to keep their territories safe, or risk their relationship. but still, it is a WIP

@Haste:
WIP again

RE: (JUST AN IDEA) operation black storm [OC-Nomads-wilde vs. CR+Order - Remnant - 01-12-2014

I'll state this once again, even if they are indeed outcasts, we have no obligation what so ever to help them with a 'human' matter. The outcasts can fare enough by themselves. We do not depend on the outcasts, the nomads merely find use in them.

Wilde come from Rheinland, not purely the outcasts as another matter. Risking relations? The Wilde or other infected are not going to turn against the Nomads, I hardly think that they would be worried with something of that nature.

"Let the humans have fun with their petty war" is perhaps a typical thought process.

I'd refer to other sources for the human matters, although there just isn't enough here to get the Aliens of Sirius involved.

RE: (JUST AN IDEA) operation black storm [OC-Nomads-wilde vs. CR+Order - 7AlphaOne1 - 01-12-2014

(01-12-2014, 09:24 AM)Moveit56 Wrote: I'll state this once again, even if they are indeed outcasts, we have no obligation what so ever to help them with a 'human' matter. The outcasts can fare enough by themselves. We do not depend on the outcasts, the nomads merely find use in them.

Wilde come from Rheinland, not purely the outcasts as another matter. Risking relations? The Wilde or other infected are not going to turn against the Nomads, I hardly think that they would be worried with something of that nature.

"Let the humans have fun with their petty war" is perhaps a typical thought process.

I'd refer to other sources for the human matters, although there just isn't enough here to get the Aliens of Sirius involved.

Ok, you have a point there. And I am requesting further developing ideas, so that we have both PvP and RP. Event will remain suspended until a better idea is developed, and other general stuff.

Thanks for your valuable feedback and ideas.