Discovery Gaming Community
Lancers Edge Discovery NoRP 24/7 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Other Discovery Servers (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Lancers Edge Discovery NoRP 24/7 (/showthread.php?tid=109746)

Pages: 1 2

Lancers Edge Discovery NoRP 24/7 - Cortexian - 01-05-2014

Hey everyone! Just popping in to let you know I'm hosting a new Discovery Freelancer server on professional hardware in Western Canada. For you North American players, feel free to connect and try it out! Hardware is scalable, so if the server ever gets big enough I can easily allocate more resources!

It's a "NoRP" server, which right now just means I'm not enforcing RP and almost all equipment / ship restrictions have been lifted. Obviously you still need a certain rep to buy some equipment and ships, but nothing is tied to your "ID" item.

I'm open to suggestions on how to make the server better / unique. Please feel free to contact me on the official Lancers Edge Discovery website. I'm kinda obsessive-compulsive about administrative tasks, so I'm usually very quick to respond to requests and the like (time-permitting).

[Image: getgraph_singlesrv.php?sig=c3bc31cb-6428...eframe=day]

RE: Lancers Edge Discovery NoRP 24/7 - Cortexian - 01-07-2014

Experienced a catastrophic Windows corruption that just killed the partition... Going to have to rebuild the server from scratch most likely.

Sorry about that all, but the server won't be up for a few days most likely!

RE: Lancers Edge Discovery NoRP 24/7 - Cortexian - 01-07-2014

Server should be back online! I can't check because I don't have access to a game client where I am right now. flserver.de isn't showing the server as online in the daily graphs even though it has been back online for a few hours.

If someone sees this, could you try and connect to the server at: discovery.game-host.org and report back in this thread?

RE: Lancers Edge Discovery NoRP 24/7 - KellyR - 01-08-2014

Just checked. It's on the list. Showing on flserver.de as well. 38th position for the day, 43rd position for currently online.

Kelly

RE: Lancers Edge Discovery NoRP 24/7 - Cortexian - 01-08-2014

Sweet, thanks Kelly!

Yeah flserver.de is listing the name, but it's affiliating the wrong server signature (that changed when I rebuilt the server). I figured out that I can just substitute the signature in the URL to the graphs to obtain the correct ones, but I'm not sure how to go about getting it to remove the old server from the listings.

Old server:
[Image: getgraph_singlesrv.php?sig=5d198235-089f...eframe=day]

New server:
[Image: getgraph_singlesrv.php?sig=c3bc31cb-6428...eframe=day]

The new one is showing up on the site now as well, but that means there are two server entries sporting the same server name... And one is dead forever...

RE: Lancers Edge Discovery NoRP 24/7 - Juan_Arquero - 02-03-2015

Can you please upgrade the Lancers Edge server to 4.88? I've got four characters on your server that I would like to play. I tried to play 4.87 after upgrading to 4.88, but the icons at the top of my screen aren't visible in 4.87 anymore, so I can't launch my ships in 4.87.

I tried to register on the Lancers Edge forums, but your registration requires using a captcha site that has a broken link -- i.e. account creation on your forums is disabled due to that glitch.

RE: Lancers Edge Discovery NoRP 24/7 - Cortexian - 02-27-2015

(02-03-2015, 12:27 AM)Juan_Arquero Wrote: Can you please upgrade the Lancers Edge server to 4.88? I've got four characters on your server that I would like to play. I tried to play 4.87 after upgrading to 4.88, but the icons at the top of my screen aren't visible in 4.87 anymore, so I can't launch my ships in 4.87.

I tried to register on the Lancers Edge forums, but your registration requires using a captcha site that has a broken link -- i.e. account creation on your forums is disabled due to that glitch.
Hey Juan,

Thanks for pointing out that registration bug, I just fixed it. I overlooked that when we changed domain names.

I'm planning to upgrade to 4.88, just haven't had the time recently due to work and the like. You'd need to install 4.87 fresh to properly play on the server at the moment. I can provide you with the installer for it if you sign up on my official forums and make a request for it.

Cheers,
Cortexian

RE: Lancers Edge Discovery NoRP 24/7 - Cmd_Draven - 03-06-2015

Greetings from Britain, Cortexian! Smile

I've been playing your server for a while now and I've encountered a small hitch. I didn't realize you were registered on this Forum otherwise I'd have said sooner, heheh. ^_^

Anyway, the bug reported above with the faulty Captcha showing a "URL is missing/wrong" message, has repeated itself. I was banned on your server due to trying to connect while lagging massively and, upon attempting to register on the Lancer's Edge Forum, I encountered the aforementioned bug.

I don't have the details for the banned account, so unless you are able to find it and remove the ban manually without any difficulty, I don't expect to get it back. I would, however, very much like to register on your Forum.

Also: Really enjoying the server. I've started bringing friends from the Xbox over onto PC so they can play with me, haha. Smile

RE: Lancers Edge Discovery NoRP 24/7 - Cortexian - 03-06-2015

Hey Cmd_Draven!

The forums appear to be working for me, I just successfully created a new account. Try clearing your browsers cache/cookies and force-reload the page (Ctrl + F5 while on the page).

Do you know what day your account was banned? Was it a BRAND NEW account without any characters / ships associated with it?

RE: Lancers Edge Discovery NoRP 24/7 - Cmd_Draven - 03-06-2015

Just checked it out, it is indeed working again. Thanks Smile
Unfortunately, no, I don't remember the day. I've always had a horrible memory for dates and such. I do, however, remember that I had 5 characters on it. Valen, Draven, Dazed_and_confused and I think DrDestructo were on it. The main ship I remember having is a Serenity- and I think DrDestructo had a Saber (I planned to give him a CapShip when I made the moolaah). Other than that, I can't remember any more on hand.

Edit: Destructo may have had a Rapier, now that I think about it. Something sword-like anyway. Outcast Affiliation, if I remember correctly.