Discovery Gaming Community
Actions to Come - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Actions to Come (/showthread.php?tid=111205)

Pages: 1 2

Actions to Come - Remnant - 01-31-2014

Arianna took a liking to Planet New London, staying there for a week on end. Sure she loved looking at everything space could provide, some of her best moments.. Well.. That she could remember have been seeing the beautiful constellations of the nebula above.

She was waiting for a specific person to come back to Bretonia, not knowing too many people since the 'incident' a while back. It was infuriating that she was clueless along most of what happened, but there is nothing she could do.

The flashes she receives are enough.

Dialoging a few tangles from her hair, she sits back in the cafe chair. Visiting one of the local 'delicacies' obviously aimed for tourists.

"Why does life seem so bland now.. Staying in one spot isn't my thing I suppose, huh." Checking her electronic wallet, sighing at the amount of credits beginning to dwindle. "I can't keep living like this either.. Bah."

RE: Actions to Come - Sheaim - 01-31-2014

New London was a beautiful planet. Michael loved going back and did so every time he could. During the last year he was here four times. Each run with more refugees wanting to endure traveling in his cargo bay, just to get out of the hell that was Leeds. War with Gallia was goinig badly. The navy was losing station aftqer station and even though the enemy seems to have stopped, Gallic raiding parties were a common sight.

It was a while since Michael last saw Arianna. He was different now. Richer, riding a bigger transport. As his Bison concluded the re-entry he recieved a mail from an old friend. A person was apparently waiting for him in one of the cafés. He looked around as he came in. And then he saw her.
-Ari, is that really you?

RE: Actions to Come - Remnant - 01-31-2014

Arianna at this point, had her feet up on another chair, slumped back against the wall of the cafe as she was playing with her PDA system doing.. who knows what.

As the man approaches the table, her head quickly perks up and fixes her posture so she was sitting normally quite quickly. "Ari.. Nobody has called me that in a lo-.. Michael!" Springing up quickly, almost knocking the chair down behind her. "I wasn't expecting you for another ten minutes." Looking down in embarrassment of her own excitement. "I almost didn't recognize you in those clothes, I liked the old look. Ahh, I suppose it's not that bad however."

Motioning quickly for him to have a seat with her. "How have you been then, hmm? It's been quite a while." Frowning slightly, but covering the expression up quickly.

RE: Actions to Come - Sheaim - 02-01-2014

She changed. She seemed more... grown up now. Michael was surprised by her reaction, but gave no sign of it.
He sat down by her side.
-Here and there... Not really much to talk about.
He smiled slightly.
-I missed you, kiddo.

RE: Actions to Come - Remnant - 02-02-2014

Sitting back down in her chair slowly, settling down once more.

"Jeez.. You say that, even after heading off once more. A 'lot' longer than you originally said, too. Not even neural net contact for a while on end there too."
Grabbing her glass of water that was on the table, taking a sip before setting the glass calmly back down on the table.

"What's it going to take to have you stick around this time Micheal, even after all this time, i'm still no good at talking to other people.." Giving him a sideways glance. "To be blunt, I don't want to see you fly off again, to leave me here all alone once more. Sure, the planet is amazing and the sights is what I live for. But people too.. Not to mention the headaches.."

Looking down at her lap for a few seconds before brightening up again quickly. "You want anything while we're here? I heard they make some 'amazing' cakes."

RE: Actions to Come - Sheaim - 02-02-2014

-No, thanks. As for not flying away
He looked at her.
-I have nowhere to go to anymore, really. Not with the war ant whatnot...
Sudddenly he stopped.
-Wait, you said headaches? I thought they stopped?

"War's are stupid. People just want more, and they murder for it. Don't get me started, will you? We live in a rather stupid society if we resort to that, for stuff. It's even affecting you, huh.."

Leaning back slightly, looking up at the ceiling. "Although that's just what people do, huh." Turning her attention back to Micheal. "I th-.. Ah.. I wasn't really telling you the truth before.." Folding her hands and squeezing them slightly. "You were worrying too much.." Obviously not thinking he would have heard her then.

"I live with them, it's not fun, but what else can I do. Hmm?"

-I guess nothing...
He smiled again.
-But you really shouldn lie to me there, Ari.
He looked at her carefully.
-You know, you too changed. What were you doing all this time, hm?

"You worry way too much Micheal, can't blame me for trying to get you to stop, can you?" Sighing, rubbing her own shoulder slightly. "Not much to be honest, met a few people here and there, including a reaaallly weird woman, but besides that? Trying to survive on what little credits I have left. Not necessarily in a position to get a good job right now."

"Besides that.. Most importantly? Waiting. You.. took forever to come back." Crossing her arms, looking at him with a weird look.

-It's only what, half a year?
Said he, with a sarcastic smile.
-I came back as soon as I could. All these guys in Leeds needed me. And I had the biggest ship around.