Discovery Gaming Community
About the useful features in the mod - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: About the useful features in the mod (/showthread.php?tid=112041)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

About the useful features in the mod - Curios - 02-16-2014

[Image: 123.jpg]

So, I wanted to talk about useful features that are getting implemented one after another.

Before that I want to say the following: such game as Freelancer surely lack a lot of functions that are regular and pretty common for most mass online games. For example of such option I can mention a shared banks for equipment that allows transfer of valuable items between characters of the same player\clan members\etc.

So we have no such functionality and there are two ways to transfer valuable equipment between two ships of the same player. It's either a help of another player or by logging two instances of the game on same PC or on two separate PCs.

It is clear that finding a player that can log in when you need it to help out with moving stuff around isn't easy sometime so the two windows are more reliable in that case. And on that note we're proceeding to the functionality.

This time the hammer of ultimate 'improving' landed on top of that very ability to move equipment around by yourself without intervening into other player's business, without using to make cash or to have any other advantage over others in RP\PVP\etc.

So we got another improvement that makes 'a lot of sense' and I actually wonder if it was the biggest problem at hand we had at the moment with everything being completely great. There is also a great ability to use some alternative, developer made, functionality to move stuff around [/sarcasm].

What we have in the end - the only reliable option is removed - one. Two - no alternative options are given.

So is it an improvement?

No, it's not.

Is it mine problem that someone is multiboxing while trading?

No it's not.

Is it mine problem that someone is multiboxing while supplying POB?

No it's not.

So why should I loose an only option to move stuff like codes, armor, etc bewteen my accounts because of things that are not mine problem?

No idea.

P.S. Even got a ban on one of accounts. So I call it a greatest success of all times. Maybe second place in fact, right after POBs.

Discuss.

RE: About the useful features in the mod - onca - 02-16-2014

So you're saying that you can't transfer stuff from one char to another, coz multiboxing is a sanctionable offense. Except that multiboxing has always been a sanctionable offense, at least as long as I can remember. So the admins haven't taken anything away from you, because you never had it in the first place. Right?

Now a "/giveitem" command, like "/givecash", would be a great idea. But implementation would be problematic.

RE: About the useful features in the mod - Curios - 02-16-2014

There was countless discussion in past where everyone came to conclusion that moving stuff between accs in order to set up the ship (which is an OORP process itself in the first place) is acceptable. And it was okay for ages.

In one hand we're getting a huge variety of restarts to 'speed up an oorp process', on the other had we're getting this which makes it even slower then doing 2-3 missions to get an ID from before.

Again. Improvement? No.

If in doubt:

Code:
improvement
ɪmˈpruːvm(ə)nt/Submit
noun
noun: improvement; plural noun: improvements
an example of improving or being improved.
"an improvement in East–West relations"
synonyms:    advance, development, upgrade, change for the better, refinement, enhancement, furtherance, advancement, forwarding; More
antonyms:    deterioration
the action of improving or being improved.
"there's still room for improvement"
a thing that makes something better or is better than something else.
"home improvements"

Examples for reference:

http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=105322
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=30187

And:

So, let's talk. I see there is not much actual administration have to say though.

RE: About the useful features in the mod - Vipera Berus - 02-16-2014

Does it really matter that you cant transfer stuff without a second player or a PoB?

I found it gave me incentive to build a PoB just to have the option of transferring if I wanted.

(02-16-2014, 11:42 AM)Vipera Berus Wrote: Does it really matter that you cant transfer stuff without a second player or a PoB?

I found it gave me incentive to build a PoB just to have the option of transferring if I wanted.

This doesn't sound like anywhere close to faster\easier then calling players\doing it yourself.

RE: About the useful features in the mod - matskiuk - 02-16-2014

i fail to understand what your actually trying to say

1) is it that you have no friends that could help you move equipment that takes literally seconds to do?

2 your asking permission to open/use 2 accounts at same time to move stuff

3) your moaning because you had an account banned for do that

(02-16-2014, 12:06 PM)matskiuk Wrote: i fail to understand

Try harder.

RE: About the useful features in the mod - Kazinsal - 02-16-2014

(02-16-2014, 11:40 AM)Curios Wrote: http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=30187

And:

So, let's talk. I see there is not much actual administration have to say though.

I urge you to look at the date that was posted.

(02-16-2014, 12:24 PM)Kazinsal Wrote:
(02-16-2014, 11:40 AM)Curios Wrote: http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=30187

And:

I urge you to look at the date that was posted.

I used search and found a couple of threads. If you have a better quote - give it to me. In fact, I saw a load of discussions to this subjects and it wasn't the case to use 2 PC to move stuff around because it's OORP process, this do not giving profit or advantage over other players - it's just a matter of setting up the ship.

So my question is - why it's suddenly outlawed? What is given to complement this feature?

My answers are easy:

1. it's some witch hunt against something which is not my problem as a player.
2. Nothing is given to complement this to players.

Thus the 'usefulness' of this implementation and the next question: What you want me to do? To look for a player that have a ship around some distant location? To experience problems because of some other players that used that feature for getting an actual advantage?