Discovery Gaming Community
[Wanted] Modeller for AI Shipline - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+---- Forum: Discovery Unofficial Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=389)
+----- Forum: Discovery Mod Content Submissions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+----- Thread: [Wanted] Modeller for AI Shipline (/showthread.php?tid=112222)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: [Wanted] Modeller for AI Shipline - Thyrzul - 03-17-2014

Actually... I think GMG as main enemies would be the first and foremost reason why NOT to have caps. Remember how they raped Rheinland in the 80-year war?

RE: [Wanted] Modeller for AI Shipline - Sabru - 03-17-2014

(03-17-2014, 08:44 AM)Thyrzul Wrote: Actually... I think GMG as main enemies would be the first and foremost reason why NOT to have caps. Remember how they raped Rheinland in the 80-year war?

yep.

so why do AI need a carrier again? and im talking solid RP-backable sensible reasons, not:

(03-17-2014, 01:51 AM)HassLHoFF Wrote: Soon events will reactivate the memory of the triumvirate units and gives access to new(old) technology and knowledge.
(03-17-2014, 01:51 AM)HassLHoFF Wrote: an old AI faction with knowledge and technology more advanced than humans
which, and Thyr is correct here, VERY Mary Sue like.

RE: [Wanted] Modeller for AI Shipline - HassLHoFF™ - 03-17-2014

(03-17-2014, 12:31 AM)HassLHoFF Wrote: ...but i also think a battletransport is better

GMG is not our main enemy. currently the true main "enemies" aren't revealed or RPed at all yet. When you read our backstory you might understand that there will be more to come.

and for the sake of whoowhoooo overpowered AIs . As i said i prefer a multipurposed battletransport with big armor and transport turrets.

RE: [Wanted] Modeller for AI Shipline - SnakeLancerHaven - 03-18-2014

I actually think, as I proposed before and "many" agreed (Not that many but an acceptable bunch), the AIs could at least have a Battlecruiser / Light Carrier that I'm sure would be at least something. The AIs have Nomads swarming around them, I don't think Cruisers will be enough to defend themselfs that long. Anyhow guys, AIs as you've seen and as I've r er er er erereereree told you that they are getting more and more independant (allthough they were independent first too). This process is kinda evolving into a new race, if you ask me. I don't see the sense why such an intelligence would just sit on their "back-yards" and are all like "Oh yeah lets just sit here in kappa and do nothing, we don't have to discover new technologies, we don't have to try to evolve learn new things and research. No we'll just sit here and watch how all around us in Sirius advance with their technology and WE JUST SIT HERE AND DO NOTHING." I guess you got my point? The AI's as we've repeated so many times, don't need sleep, don't need food, they can work day and night, it just makes sense that they'd advance much faster in technology then humans. The AI Battlecruiser / Light Carrier would actually in my opinion be an actual image of the "Progenitor" Probe that the Consensus have in their Lore. An Intelligence with such huge knowledge and all can't be just a simple Cruiser, no, i think the Cruisers have been build afterwards. A Copy of the Progenitor, if you guys are so eager about RP, maybe make it an SRP vessel (Allthough I think the Admins said something about no more special ships dunno). If thats not possible too allow the AI's to have that Battlecruiser / Light Carrier, I tell ya it wont bother you that much, hey we are working on something here, to use the AI Factions potential roleplay (I'm not talking about Consensus RP) and Lore, it shouldn't just stand there with Drones and Cruisers "So that's it, no more for you". With the current Cruisers, the AI's realy are kinda a bunch of laughable beep boo beep beep 8|.

@Flash for sure the AI Cruiser Guns, I would definitly propose this too as its about time that the AI Cruiser gets its own guns.

RE: [Wanted] Modeller for AI Shipline - Pancakes - 03-18-2014

AIs simply don't have the capability to build such ships, period.

I am sorry to break your immersion, but knowing how to build something is a very small part of the whole thing.

Where would the AIs build a carrier? On their planet? You think carriers can just go in and out of atmosphere so easily. Lets presume the superior AI managed a way to do it - carrier is something that requires A LOT of resources, resources I am quite confident AIs simply don't posses.

Please, acknowledge your faction thoroughly for what it is - weaknesses and strengthens. The lack of such is how the current [AI] faction got into the muddy situation with the GMG.

EDIT: If the [AI] faction want just one carrier - go SRP it. You stormed some order capital ship and manage to surrender the crew and seize the ship. inRP it would just be the hull that is originally stolen, everything else an AI built. From nav systems to weaponry.

RE: [Wanted] Modeller for AI Shipline - HassLHoFF™ - 03-18-2014

(03-18-2014, 01:14 PM)Pancakes Wrote: AIs simply don't have the capability to build such ships, period.

I am sorry to break your immersion, but knowing how to build something is a very small part of the whole thing.

Where would the AIs build a carrier? On their planet? You think carriers can just go in and out of atmosphere so easily. Lets presume the superior AI managed a way to do it - carrier is something that requires A LOT of resources, resources I am quite confident AIs simply don't posses.

Please, acknowledge your faction thoroughly for what it is - weaknesses and strengthens. The lack of such is how the current [AI] faction got into the muddy situation with the GMG.

EDIT: If the [AI] faction want just one carrier - go SRP it. You stormed some order capital ship and manage to surrender the crew and seize the ship. inRP it would just be the hull that is originally stolen, everything else an AI built. From nav systems to weaponry.

Still saying a multipurpose Carrier-Battletransport.
You aren't that well updated with the current situation of the AI. We have managed to have quite good reputations with Kruger, DHC and Samura. InRP the RPed tranports work 24/7 for the AI to gather ressources and transfer them to Gammu and there are also regulations for receiving goods. Means, the argument that AIs do not have a lot ressources is wrong.
I agree that a ship in a huge carrier size can just be constructed in space. For that reason a shipyard is also planned.

I don't see an option for SRP as it is time that also inRP evolvement should be visible ingame.

RE: [Wanted] Modeller for AI Shipline - Pancakes - 03-18-2014

And you think just because you are get goodies from some factions (and not even on such a large scale as you may think) that justifies the building of a shipyard and spawning up carriers.

Mollys basically sit in the middle of a gold field and they can't do it. IMG can't build something above the size of a Battlecruiser in mass production either. And IMG is far more resourceful than AIs.

You simply don't understand what type of a requirement such a massive thing is.

RE: [Wanted] Modeller for AI Shipline - HassLHoFF™ - 03-20-2014

(03-18-2014, 09:13 PM)Pancakes Wrote: And you think just because you are get goodies from some factions (and not even on such a large scale as you may think) that justifies the building of a shipyard and spawning up carriers.

Mollys basically sit in the middle of a gold field and they can't do it. IMG can't build something above the size of a Battlecruiser in mass production either. And IMG is far more resourceful than AIs.

You simply don't understand what type of a requirement such a massive thing is.

So, how you would define the requirement?

RE: [Wanted] Modeller for AI Shipline - Thyrzul - 03-20-2014

Have the wealth and infrastructure of a (mini-)house maybe?

RE: [Wanted] Modeller for AI Shipline - HassLHoFF™ - 03-20-2014

(03-20-2014, 06:47 AM)Thyrzul Wrote: Have the wealth and infrastructure of a (mini-)house maybe?

Right and this requirement is given inRP.