Discovery Gaming Community
Republican Shipping - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Player Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=244)
+---- Forum: Official Faction Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=245)
+----- Forum: Official Faction Creation Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=134)
+------ Forum: Approved Faction Creation Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=136)
+------ Thread: Republican Shipping (/showthread.php?tid=112320)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Republican Shipping - Jansen - 02-23-2014

Money taken.

RE: Republican Shipping - SMI-Great.Fox - 02-24-2014

(02-22-2014, 09:00 PM)Pavel Wrote: Another question, what are " Eisenbahn and Munich Projects" ?

Eisenbahn Project. Final Revision.
Quote:Phase 1: Completion of the Koeln trade Lane Mk. I

With the Koeln lane as our testbed, we will be combining new state of the art equipment to allow faster travel speeds and a better defense against pirate craft. The immediate benifits of this project are to Wuppertal Station, allowing mining companies across sirius access to its new facilities and the best that ALG has to offer. The Aluminum fields and surrounding solar bodies will be easier to access and allowe far more relative safety as Rheinland's finest are able to reach the scene of an attack or robbery 5 times faster than on basic cruise speed.

Phase 2: The Hamburg - Koeln Line

Recently with help from our great minds across Rheinland, we have discovered the location of a jump hole in the Koeln system which will allow us to appropriate the construction of a Gate system to connect the system of Hamburg to the reasources of Koeln. Origionally a shipment from Hamburg to Koeln would take hours to reach one way, and much longer for a trip back. With the creation of this new gate and lanes, shipments can be moved at a fraction of the time, saving costs in fuel and headaches of the transport captians across the sector. Time is Money, use both well.

Phase 3: Rheinland Retrofit

With our success in our shipping vessels, a team of some of our best minds are currently hard at work designing a new lane system, allowing for the passage of larger vessels at the command of our Kanlzer to be moved with greater ease and agility. To that end, the entire Rheinland based lane network, excluding The Koeln - Hamburg line, will be salvaged and rebuilt, Starting with the lane from Planet Berlin, along the great Dauman Complex "The Ring" to the stations of Kruger and ALG. Thus showing the unity of our great companies who serve the our people every day.

When I saw that these gents were rebuilding Republican once more, I saw they had no longstanding projects for them to work upon. Therefore I decided to assist them in their restart of the company and assist in giving them long term goals. For myself. I am mearly an advisor to assist in the faction and helping where I can.

RE: Republican Shipping - Altejago - 02-25-2014

(02-24-2014, 05:33 AM)SMI-Great.Fox Wrote: Phase 1: Completion of the Koeln trade Lane Mk. I

With the Koeln lane as our testbed, we will be combining new state of the art equipment to allow faster travel speeds and a better defense against pirate craft. The immediate benifits of this project are to Wuppertal Station, allowing mining companies across sirius access to its new facilities and the best that ALG has to offer. The Aluminum fields and surrounding solar bodies will be easier to access and allowe far more relative safety as Rheinland's finest are able to reach the scene of an attack or robbery 5 times faster than on basic cruise speed.

Phase 2: The Hamburg - Koeln Line

Recently with help from our great minds across Rheinland, we have discovered the location of a jump hole in the Koeln system which will allow us to appropriate the construction of a Gate system to connect the system of Hamburg to the reasources of Koeln. Origionally a shipment from Hamburg to Koeln would take hours to reach one way, and much longer for a trip back. With the creation of this new gate and lanes, shipments can be moved at a fraction of the time, saving costs in fuel and headaches of the transport captians across the sector. Time is Money, use both well.

Phase 3: Rheinland Retrofit

With our success in our shipping vessels, a team of some of our best minds are currently hard at work designing a new lane system, allowing for the passage of larger vessels at the command of our Kanlzer to be moved with greater ease and agility. To that end, the entire Rheinland based lane network, excluding The Koeln - Hamburg line, will be salvaged and rebuilt, Starting with the lane from Planet Berlin, along the great Dauman Complex "The Ring" to the stations of Kruger and ALG. Thus showing the unity of our great companies who serve the our people every day.

Excuse the confusion, but how did RepEx get all techy with lanes? Ageira products explicitly state they cannot be opened without the Ageira biometric key upon which not even DSE have.

Not too mention, how can RepEx be in a financially viable position to undertake such a project yet the rest of the House is in a state of decay?

I'd like to see the full disclosure on how and when RepEx got the means to out-tech DHC and circumvent Ageira technologies incompatibility with anything other than other Ageira tech in your implementation of Rheinland developed equipment on these lanes. Who in Rheinland would even have the know-how? Solar stuff cannot be adapted to Ageira stuff, so if it were based on Gallic technology, how can Rheinland, let alone RepEx be able to financially support such a development/rebuild?

On the flip side, Ageira/DSE/DHC/IC would be interested in helping you logically make it work if you choose to approach us about it.

RE: Republican Shipping - Pancakes - 02-25-2014

Cannot but second Altejago. Even Samura and Kishiro who tried for years to crack the technology couldn't figure that out. How did Republican do that out of thin air? And if its bought from Ageira - who will build it? DSE and USI are banned from Rheinland.
Who will even fund such a huge operation anyway? IC are also banned from Rheinland.

RE: Republican Shipping - SMI-Great.Fox - 02-25-2014

Please take in mind that this plan was made more than a year ago, about the time before the 4.87 update, it can still be modified to go different ways. And only recently was it accepted by people in the Rheinland Budestag.

The notion was not Republican building the lanes, but buying the parts from Gallia and then recycling the current ones with assistance from DHC and ALG (outside of the Ageira parts that most likely wont be studied due to everyones comments already on DSE and Ageira respectively).

This project in total is similar to the Great Works projects of FDR in the United States during the depression. What better way to get people back to work than retrofitting an entire lane network that is falling apart due to the conflict with Liberty?

RE: Republican Shipping - Luke. - 02-25-2014

I don't know why a few of you are all saying "Whaat, bit soon" and variations of that. If they're able to make their presence seen and their RP felt by everyone they encounter then...why shouldn't they go for the top spot? Sure it might just be another corporate faction but if traders are more regular, so are pirates. Makes Disco ball go round.

Hell, CL} applied after one and a half months (partly on the back of conflicts with 101st) but still, the point stands. We succeeded.

From a personal view I don't know much about Corporate faction history and such but it seems solid and the member list contains those that can RP. Best of luck, basically.

RE: Republican Shipping - Pavel - 04-02-2014

@ Morigan

- Republican isn't goverment-owned company, dunno why you think that.

- I would like to see more cooperation with DHC coming from your side guys. Sadly, so far all I see is powermining as indies in O11 and jumping to Gallia, 80% of time, there's no working with us at all. If you want to achieve officialdom, you should work with other official factions, not just mindlesly grind cash all the time.

- As for Alster infocard, you probably don't know, but serious lore bug with that shipyard was fixed that version, information about military ships being constructed there is probably leftover. I'll ask the devs about that.

- Where did you get that info about Republican being Rheinland paramilitary force?...

- The fact that Kruger and Republican use your shipyard doesn't mean you are allied, by the lore you are their competitors in one camp with Daumann. You may consider them as your allies, but this isn't following Republican lore.

- I saw RS|Walter.Nowotny in game. Using names of Nazi Germany pilots for your ships is in very bad taste.

- Speaking from my interactions with you as unlawful, your members are very triggerhappy. Engaging from 13k away on a first sight of hostile ship, or engaging on system-wide channel even. Roleplay I had with RFP pilot was immediatelly interrupted when your gunboat saw hessian ship, and later joined snub brawl, feeding bots to RM/RFP, about what Luke complained. You say it was ok, well, it wasn't.

@ SMI

- Republican again trying to pose as lane and gate building company?

This is blatant powergaming, and if DHC is again contacted to help you construct lanes, we will again just laugh at anyone who sent that to us.

Yes your faction has high activity and that connected with well written faction information page would convince those who didn't interact with you or don't play around Rheinland that this faction is fine, but in reality interactions are either of low quality or don't occur at all; you have serious problems with lore, there is some powergaming (lanes), practically no real deeper interaction with other factions happens, you don't work with other factions much and majority of time is just spent on powermining as indies and jumping with ore for cash. As much as I'd like to have Republican faction to work with, for now this gets a no from me.

RE: Republican Shipping - Singularity - 04-02-2014

Quote:- Republican isn't goverment-owned company, dunno why you think that.
Republican as a government based company was ex-lore : Vanilla Lore.

Quote: I would like to see more cooperation with DHC coming from your side guys. Sadly, so far all I see is powermining as indies in O11 and jumping to Gallia, 80% of time, there's no working with us at all. If you want to achieve officialdom, you should work with other official factions, not just mindlesly grind cash all the time.

Well, blatantly mistaken you are, We jumped before in a very numeric manner, and lately, it has crashed to zero. Cooperation with DHC, well, we are working with it, needs some time to firmly establish it. We don't want to jump over to a topic and also, we know how active DHC are. The transmission to DHC is yet answered, which we were actually planning to make it more interactive and may be dealing a business contract there. But as said, DHC has YET to answer it. Working with official factions is the mantra we are thinking of. We have plans on working with some, but it will take some time as Bret's is away & he happens to be our "advisor" guy. and not to forget that we are mere 2 months old faction, with over a half a dozen new players who have joined us for the sake of making cash (happens with all) So, making them learn will take some time and it gradually is paying us as because they are getting interactive and less money making.

Quote:- Where did you get that info about Republican being Rheinland paramilitary force?...

Didn't get you .. may be you should showcase it with a deeper clarification ?

Quote: The fact that Kruger and Republican use your shipyard doesn't mean you are allied, by the lore you are their competitors in one camp with Daumann. You may consider them as your allies, but this isn't following Republican lore.

It will be done. We will keeping them in the friendly-zone other than allied. Mistake noted and suggestion appreciated.

Quote: I saw RS|Walter.Nowotny in game. Using names of Nazi Germany pilots for your ships is in very bad taste.

Well, Is it such a crime to use a former name ?? Anyways.. will let him know to change it.

Quote:Speaking from my interactions with you as unlawful, your members are very triggerhappy. Engaging from 13k away on a first sight of hostile ship, or engaging on system-wide channel even. Roleplay I had with RFP pilot was immediatelly interrupted when your gunboat saw hessian ship, and later joined snub brawl, feeding bots to RM/RFP, about what Luke complained. You say it was ok, well, it wasn't.

Well, unfortunately, the GB was in a brawl at O-11 with Indie Hessian ships and probably one RHA. So, he just dragged the RP over here at stuttgart. He may have mistaken it as the same ship. Minor Human error.. isn't it ??

Quote: - Republican again trying to pose as lane and gate building company?

This is blatant powergaming, and if DHC is again contacted to help you construct lanes, we will again just laugh at anyone who sent that to us.

The Idea is still ON HOLD. and it will remain in the storage untill Bret's back. We are not using the idea beforehand. So, you can take a sigh relief.

Quote:Yes your faction has high activity and that connected with well written faction information page would convince those who didn't interact with you or don't play around Rheinland that this faction is fine, but in reality interactions are either of low quality or don't occur at all; you have serious problems with lore, there is some powergaming (lanes), practically no real deeper interaction with other factions happens, you don't work with other factions much and majority of time is just spent on powermining as indies and jumping with ore for cash. As much as I'd like to have Republican faction to work with, for now this gets a no from me.

Low quality interaction ?? Well, to be honest, all the time we met each other was when RHA attacks at O-11. So, the situation is more of "Pirate-Trader" scenario. You don't expect a 20 minute full interaction there, do you ?? And as said, most are new people, as you can see the roosters (which you must have as you have placed a very fine detailed feedback), so, we are letting them learn by themselves after spoon feeding them in 1/2 situations. Powergaming about the lanes, as mentioned, is on hold and will be changed if Bret doesn't justify it.

and also we can't force interaction with factions. We have had transmission with some factions who did act with us. But alas, some have not, and unfortunately we are getting blamed for that. .. Anyways, The blame is gracefully accepted and we will look to be more communicating as time passes by Smile

Well, a NO or YES is upto you but any feedback is foremost welcomed Smile

RE: Republican Shipping - E.T. - 04-02-2014

Well Singual i have no probs with all you guys did write, but some things are just copy pasted. Like a lot of the station info's. Just copy from ingame charts.

RE: Republican Shipping - SnakThree - 04-02-2014

(04-02-2014, 07:05 PM)E.T. Wrote: Well Singual i have no probs with all you guys did write, but some things are just copy pasted. Like a lot of the station info's. Just copy from ingame charts.

How is that any problem?