Discovery Gaming Community
Republican Shipping - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Player Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=244)
+---- Forum: Official Faction Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=245)
+----- Forum: Official Faction Creation Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=134)
+------ Forum: Approved Faction Creation Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=136)
+------ Thread: Republican Shipping (/showthread.php?tid=112320)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Republican Shipping - Singularity - 04-03-2014

(04-02-2014, 07:05 PM)E.T. Wrote: Well Singual i have no probs with all you guys did write, but some things are just copy pasted. Like a lot of the station info's. Just copy from ingame charts.

Including the "Assets description" was not in my mind.. but we eventually had to write it Smile .. So, we thought writing it from the infocharts and blending it with the written story might just work Smile

RE: Republican Shipping - Morigan - 04-03-2014

(04-02-2014, 01:24 PM)Pavel Wrote: - Republican isn't goverment-owned company, dunno why you think that.

Singularity is right, on NPC lore Republican Shipping is a government based company, but we will edit RS| lore and remove this.

(04-02-2014, 01:24 PM)Pavel Wrote: - As for Alster infocard, you probably don't know, but serious lore bug with that shipyard was fixed that version, information about military ships being constructed there is probably leftover. I'll ask the devs about that.

It doesn't influence in any way for game process, there will be it or will be removed.

(04-02-2014, 01:24 PM)Pavel Wrote: - Where did you get that info about Republican being Rheinland paramilitary force?...

In Republican Shipping's ID :

Quote:Can attack ships belonging to houses or organisations considered hostile by Rheinland within their Zone of Influence.

But were you saw " Republican Shipping is Rheinland Paramilitary Force " in RS|'s owned lore ? I chack 2 times and dont finde this.

(04-02-2014, 01:24 PM)Pavel Wrote: @ SMI

- Republican again trying to pose as lane and gate building company?

http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=113973

This RP project on hold for now as Singularity say, and for me beter wait Bret. Especially considering the reasons for which he isn't active now. But if Admin Team ask us remove this from RS| lore, we will remove.

RE: Republican Shipping - Zayne Carrick - 04-05-2014

Well, I'm not biggest fan of forum whining, but you really should decide for yourselves, what are you playing for?
Because if you're playing for sake of making pixel credits, I have no problems with you, your behaviour is perfect.
But if you're not...

-Jumping trading. I don't care what you're going to say. Jumptrading were and will be the easiest and safest way to make money. Also it's the best way to avoid any interaction on your way. Honestly, noone will ever bother to log because the next moment you'll be in Lorraine. Good for making money, bad for interactions.

-General behaviour. While I second posts of Pavel and Luke, I want to add my own. When your train logs off just to login your jump battleship for sake of removing pirate, that's odd. When your gunboat runs from transport in O-11 right to stationary battleship in Stuttgart, that's... weird.

Of course, you should remember that I'm playing bloodthirsty pirate, who'll do everything possible to get your bluemsg/money/cargo. You're doing good job to drive me away from RS|

RE: Republican Shipping - Singularity - 04-05-2014

(04-05-2014, 09:36 PM)Zayne Carrick Wrote: -Jumping trading. I don't care what you're going to say. Jumptrading were and will be the easiest and safest way to make money. Also it's the best way to avoid any interaction on your way. Honestly, noone will ever bother to log because the next moment you'll be in Lorraine. Good for making money, bad for interactions.

I understand your point. While the Jump Operations have been one included as a RP project, It still avoids interactions as you said. While we have numbered down our Jump Operations, still there happens to be one event a day so, as to keep the NEW ones interested. We will further try to decrease it down to enhance player interactions.

(04-05-2014, 09:36 PM)Zayne Carrick Wrote: -General behaviour. While I second posts of Pavel and Luke, I want to add my own. When your train logs off just to login your jump battleship for sake of removing pirate, that's odd. When your gunboat runs from transport in O-11 right to stationary battleship in Stuttgart, that's... weird.

Mistake at his end ... will let him correct himself, the former one.
About the gunboat one, the enemy transport was infact an armoured Behemoth which took down one security ship and the GB, incapable of killing it, had 2 choices either to die or run. I don't understand what was wrong if he ran away. And what was more wrong if he ran away to nearby asset when he was CHASED.

(04-05-2014, 09:36 PM)Zayne Carrick Wrote: Of course, you should remember that I'm playing bloodthirsty pirate, who'll do everything possible to get your bluemsg/money/cargo. You're doing good job to drive me away from RS|

Well, will try more to look forward in having more meetings with RHA. and will also ensure, the fun remains intact at both the ends.

& Thanks for the feedback Zayne. Keep it coming. Helps us amend our errors Smile

RE: Republican Shipping - Zayne Carrick - 04-06-2014

Quote:About the gunboat one, the enemy transport was infact an armoured Behemoth which took down one security ship and the GB, incapable of killing it, had 2 choices either to die or run. I don't understand what was wrong if he ran away. And what was more wrong if he ran away to nearby asset when he was CHASED.
a) No security ship was killed before I've started fighting with gunboat, just a miner.
b) In fact I was chased by said gunboat for quite a while, before I've decided to gave it fight.

The situation is quite simple, if you're not sure about battle's result and don't want to die in it, you shouldn't start it at all.

More than that, the whole behaviour of "not giving blue/dock msgs" is bad, but I know myself that it's very hard to accept your own death, when you have a chance to survive.

RE: Republican Shipping - Singularity - 04-06-2014

I understand the situation. Well, the behaviour in above situation varies from individual to individual. While I would have personally continued fighting irrespective of the death msg, others find it less bearable. All I can say is, with time, they will learn thats its just a game meant for fun, rather than working over the pixel money and imaginative deaths !!!

RE: Republican Shipping - SMI-Great.Fox - 04-13-2014

About Project Eisenbahn. Despite repeating it multiple times I'll say it one last time.

Republican will NOT get into the Trade Lane/Gate Construction/Development business.

Project Eisenbahn can only work and happen if one of two things occur.

1) RM-LN War is finished. Trade relations can restart fully with DSE/Ageria and we can begin working alongside Rheinland groups to help get started.

2) Improved relations with Gallia to permit full trade and work with Solar Engineering etc.

In 1933, FDR (President Franklin Roosevelt) created the Public Works Administration (PWA), and between 1933-1935 organized and provided funds for the building of useful works such as government buildings, airports, hospitals, schools, roads, bridges, and dams. From 1933 to 1935 PWA spent $3.3 billion with private companies to build 34,599 projects, many of them quite large. Such as the Bonneville Dam.

Eisenbahn is similar to such dealings. Retrofitting the ENTIRE Rheinland lane network to be designed to help get the Rheinland Populace back to work and help restart its ecomony. As well as to create a High Speed Lane network connecting Hamburg to Kolen.

I will say it one more time. The aim of this project is NOT to have Republican become a Lane and Gate building Company but to be the starting company for this project. Because no other groups have come up with any ideas to help fix the failing Rheinland Economy.

RE: Republican Shipping - Morigan - 04-15-2014

Some changes are made . I remove " Сommunication Section " from " Rank Structure " and edited " Company Goals " .

RE: Republican Shipping - Mercarryn - 04-20-2014

Well, I'd like to say, that the recent encounters with your members are not that good, because in 80% of my time, I have to face silent traders when I have logged my RFP| char. If you want to be taken seriously as an official faction for the roleplay here, do us and yourselves a favor and fix this.

Another issue is, that you tried several times to register a base near or within omega-11 to mine uncut diamonds yourselves, as you have already done so with using daumann indie alts. You should keep in mind, that Republican is a pure shipping company, not miners. I can understand when you say that you cannot always work together with DHC because of different times zones etc, still I have so far not once heard about one attempt to negotiate a deal with them.

Therefore, instead of trying to make all on your own for the pure OORP-reason to make profit on your own, you should consider to work with the other official factions and not only when it is absolutely necessary (which you are doing right now to my mind)
It will create activity for you, for other factions and will also improve your overall behaviour on this server.

RE: Republican Shipping - SnakThree - 04-20-2014

Republican Jumping should be your name.