Discovery Gaming Community
Open Transmission. All Sirius and Gallic Channels - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Open Transmission. All Sirius and Gallic Channels (/showthread.php?tid=112413)

Open Transmission. All Sirius and Gallic Channels - Doc Holliday - 02-24-2014

*incoming transmission*
Comm ID: [TAZ]Doc.Holliday
Location: Administrator's Office, Shasta Orbital Skyhook, Baffin System
To: All Sirius and Gallic Houses; All Factions; All Channels
Ecryption: None
Subject: Leadership Change

Doc appears. He's visibly tired and worn.

Greetings, Hola, Konnichiwa, Bonjour, Guten Tag,

For the past several years, I have occupied this office here on Shasta, the office given to me by our late founder, Malaclypse. I would like to think that I have served it well. I've had highs and I've had lows but I think overall, I've served it well. With Med Force Enterprises and the many requests I've received to help people, I've spent considerably less time in this office than is required. It took two things for me to finally realize that my time has passed.

One, the many complaints from not just my people but from others not getting responses to their messages. To all of you, I hear you and I agree that it's very unprofessional.
But most importantly, I recently returned home to find that my wife, Midori, has left. The many hours from home, not doing my part as a father were too much. This is a personal matter that I will soon address on my own with more time to deal with it.

That said, I have decided to step down as administrator of the Temporary Autonomous Zoners. I have nothing left to give to it. I officially turn over the reigns to my long time right hand man, Ambassador John Rackham. He is promoted to Administrator and will be taking my office as soon as I leave it. After a meeting with him, others within TAZ will be promoted as well....but not by me.

I will remain with TAZ as chief medical officer and as an adviser to the staff. I will take a back seat to diplomatic matters, only getting involved if my new boss authorizes me and I'm requested.

As for Med Force Enterprises, it's mission will remain the same. The ships will continue to assist all as they always have serving the Taus, Omegas and Omicrons with medical staffs present in all Zoner freeports.

Lastly, thank you to everyone that I've had the honor of working with...for those diplomatic moments than were a great success and continue to unfold. You know who you are.

He stands up from his desk, removing his diplomatic robe and hands it to John Rackham who stands nearby
I know, John, you will serve it well.

To all, thank you and fairwell. I'll see you in space or at a facility near you.

Doc shakes the hand of John Rackham and leaves his office. He can be seen wiping his eyes as he leaves

RE: Open Transmission. All Sirius and Gallic Channels - Joggin - 02-24-2014

[Image: ambassadorsoffice.png]

*Incoming Transmission*
Comm ID: Mad John Rackham
Location: Ambassador's Office, Shasta Orbital Skyhook, Baffin System
To: All Sirius and Gallic Houses; All Factions; All Channels

Shaking Doc's hand firmly, taking the Robe in one grasp, and with a quick nod with the great man, John approaches the mic.

What can I say?.... Doc has been guiding the TAZ for so long now, his bones are melded in with the essence of Baffin, the turns of fortunes and faith, it gets into your soul.

The way in which Doc picked up the reigns following the demise of Malaclypse was outstanding, not to mention his attention to medical issues for Sirius as a whole and in particular well being of the loose bag of no homers we like to call "Zoners". His commitment to medicine will continue to astound, I'm sure.

I deeply thank Doc for the confidence me, to pick up the reigns, and understand fully why he wishes to step down at this time to focus more on his personal life and clinical activities. However, it's great to know he's not retiring entirely and will be available to help with advice and as a Special Envoy to the TAZ when required.

I know there's some big shoes to fill, and will endeavour to do the dance in 'em as best I can.......

Looking forward, we have plenty of challenges for the TAZ as a Faction, and within the Zoner community in general. But there is no doubt in my mind that we have the vitality to persevere and enjoy our lives to the full, continue to embrace relationships with our friends and defy our foes.

Hail Eris!
MJR

RE: Open Transmission. All Sirius and Gallic Channels - moebus - 02-24-2014

*Incoming Transmission*
Comm ID: Dankien Moebus
To: Doc Holliday
Cc: Zoners, The Order, GMG, IMG, Colonial Republic, The Council
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Dear Doc Holliday

I guess it must have been a hard decision to take.
It remembers me the time when after I created the Phoenix, I retired from my leader position.
I would say: sometime it's good to let it go. But anyway, I am pretty sure you don't really need my advices.

As far as I remember, you have always been there when ZTC and later Omicroners needed you. Actually, I think we have mostly met during zoners crisis, but I want you to know that I have always appreciated what you did in these situations and what you did globally for the zoner community. So, if I can do anything for you, I would be more than pleased to do it. If you need partners in your future projects, if you need supplies for your flying hospital, or if you need to talk then feel free to call me.

Actually, I think you are a model of inspiration for the zoner philosophy and I am pretty sure many zoners are currently following your steps. You'll see, in a few centuries, zoners will tell: yeah man, Doc was born on January 25, he did miracles and he had 12 super friends...

Cheers!

Dankien
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>