Discovery Gaming Community
Winter is Coming - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Winter is Coming (/showthread.php?tid=112850)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Winter is Coming - SummerMcLovin - 03-06-2014

So obviously I'd disappeared for a couple of months since going back to uni. I initially took the first week or so off because I had a big project to do. Usually I say "I'll be busy, don't expect me around" but then sit on Skype and the forums anyway, but having actually stayed away I was able to get some proper work done.

Being away meant I lost interest in what was going on in Disco (given I had kept up with things pretty much constantly for more than 18 months) and I felt it'd be detrimental to my RL to come back. I had intended to reappear a couple of weeks after the project was done to sort out loose ends, but never got around to it. I'm sorry that this caused some people to worry about me, it was a pretty crappy thing to do.

I'll not go into very much detail but last year I got pretty down about some stupid stuff in RL, ended up cutting myself off from the world and used Disco to escape from it. Obviously good for my factions and RP but not so much for stuff like university, my friends etc.
Fortunately I did manage to get that sorted out, but some time away has shown I can get a lot more done without Disco. I might be back after uni is done in May, but to be honest that's unlikely. The game's been good, but I've been playing it wrong for too long. I was probably going to burn out from running Bretonia, CR and being an Admin anyway, so perhaps for the best that I did it on my own terms.

I'll be clearing out old chats other than a few main ones with people I like (so I can still use Skype without fear of spam and guilt). Some people have me on Steam if you want to keep in contact, or you'll be kept on as a Skype contact. Disco assets will also be distributed to where they'll hopefully be useful.

Some testimonies for certain highlights of my time here might appear in the future, but thanks to lots of you in general for now.

P.S. Cheers to Max for the thread title.

RE: Winter is Coming - Lythrilux - 03-06-2014

RL > Disco. That's how it should always be.
I wish you good luck in your ventures Summer.

RE: Winter is Coming - t0l - 03-06-2014

<;~; rip in peace sweet mcprince

RE: Winter is Coming - Jack_Henderson - 03-06-2014

I'll not write anything gloomy. Nor say good bye. Just... sort that RL, finish university and hop back in for some fun when RL allows. Doesn't have to be McAdmin, nor leader of 5 factions.... Smile I would love to see that happen.

Anyway, good to see you are okay and I wish you all the best!

RE: Winter is Coming - Echo 7-7 - 03-06-2014

[Image: emoticon-00103-cool.gif]

Freelancer Admin Summer dash McLovin, you're clear to launch. Good luck out there.

RE: Winter is Coming - St.Denis - 03-06-2014

My youngest Daughter is in her final year at University and I know what pressures she is under.

I never really got to know you but Good Luck in RL.

RE: Winter is Coming - Sath - 03-06-2014

Good luck out there.

Do check in from time to time.You were a very helpful admin,atleast for me. Big Grin

Sad to see you leave.

RE: Winter is Coming - Panzer - 03-06-2014

Epic Meh, But tbh, I know exactly what you're talking about. been there myself and it does get better. Eventually.

I the meantime, don't be a stranger - you are after all, the ultimate anomaly. A CR admin.

RE: Winter is Coming - Singularity - 03-06-2014

Good luck for your university Smile

RE: Winter is Coming - Vipera Berus - 03-06-2014

Good luck and don't be a stranger.