Discovery Gaming Community
Jumping off Jedi style - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Jumping off Jedi style (/showthread.php?tid=113060)

Pages: 1 2

Jumping off Jedi style - Papa Oomaumau - 03-10-2014

So - new rig = new games
SW:ToR
Going pure RP on Ebon Hawk server
Anyone else there?
I'm a complete Froob there, and not asking for a leg up, just someone who can stay in character to hang out with.
And where better to ask but here.

PM me if you had interest.
It's free to play - so even if you wanna just start out there, Holla!

RE: Jumping off Jedi style - Bulldog. - 03-11-2014

I started the download then stopped it.If you look closely the F2P players really sux due to nerfs on their char.So no matter what ya do if you go up vs a premium player your dead.

Plus to download 24GB here takes time xD

RE: Jumping off Jedi style - Papa Oomaumau - 03-11-2014

Yeah FTP kinda sux, but I'm already the king of the 'self nerf'.
I've done it my whole gaming career, for realism as much as any other reason.
It just prompts me to be in more groups - and I came to RP - so I actually prefer it.

Besides, Ebon Hawk is the RP server, not much PvP there.

Much like here at GC I really couldn't care less about being uber or winning fights.

Really - I don't tie my ego to combat performance but rather to my character depth - that's a lot less reliant on other people for fulfillment than some e-peen contest of pew.

So, if anyone wants to go RP a splinter mercenary group of neutrally aligned characters with me - shout here.

Thanks!

RE: Jumping off Jedi style - Errant.Venture - 03-11-2014

I am preferred atm and still out-threat full 78 set tanks on my Vanguard Deeps. F2P does have restrictions, but you can still enjoy the story line, and unlock stuff. All you really need is the customize colors / artifact equipment authorization and your set. Credits at max level are easy to get doing the dailies / rerunning questlines. I'd join you but sadly my toons are all on Harbinger.

RE: Jumping off Jedi style - Bulldog. - 03-12-2014

I shall start my download then.For the RP sake of it but this is going to take a few weeks to complete,so i shall see you in a few weeks then...

RE: Jumping off Jedi style - Kazinsal - 03-12-2014

Wait, F2P actually gets *nerfed* in SW:TOR?

God dammit, and I was just about to go download it because it seemed like fun.

RE: Jumping off Jedi style - Zayne Carrick - 03-12-2014

(03-12-2014, 06:51 AM)Kazinsal Wrote: Wait, F2P actually gets *nerfed* in SW:TOR?

Same here.
But I'll be able to play it as SP game?

RE: Jumping off Jedi style - Bulldog. - 03-12-2014

(03-12-2014, 08:01 AM)Zayne Carrick Wrote:
(03-12-2014, 06:51 AM)Kazinsal Wrote: Wait, F2P actually gets *nerfed* in SW:TOR?

Same here.

Its a MP only based game with a story line in it

RE: Jumping off Jedi style - Papa Oomaumau - 03-12-2014

(03-12-2014, 10:12 AM)|BH|Bulldog Wrote: Same here.

It's a server-based game, so you need access, but you can play SP all day long.
Some of the missions are designed to be tough - to push you towards grouping - but if you grind a bit, and go at them when you're overlevel, you'll be fine.

Also the group missions are really dynamic and quite a bit of fun, if you're looking for a change.
The groupfinder function takes you to instanced missions and returns you to where you were with almost no fuss - you just click 'enter queue' and when a group wants you, off you go.

And the nerfs are really only for PvP and Warzone combat - against NPC/Mobs you'll be fine, if you remember the formula of being overlevel when you take on named Mobs.

Also, you get limited storage and item use as FtP, which is good for me, it makes my neutral unaffiliated Jedi Sentinel character more nomadic - I actually like the restrictions.

And if you like you can drop a few bucks here and there in the'cartel market' (buy stuff with real cash) to remove some of the more restrictive nerfs. I hear $20 buys you out of 70% of the worst nerfs.

RE: Jumping off Jedi style - r3vange - 03-12-2014

I'm on the Progenitor RP serv. Also by far the biggest F2P nerf is the experience reduction. You have to have Legacy boosts, and complimentary boosts to gain experience almost equal to that of an unboosted subscribed player. Mind you, with my utter hate for MMORPG games and playerbase mentality I am proud to say that I'm level 44 sith juggy, and I've solo'd every flashpoint 'till the foundry. In fact I've never been in a group. And buying stuff for 20 quid makes you "Preferred f2p", which does absolutely nothing in regard to the majority of the nerfs, it's just cosmetics. See for yourself
http://www.swtor.com/free/features