Discovery Gaming Community
Request - Forum improvement - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Site & Forum Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Request - Forum improvement (/showthread.php?tid=113085)

Pages: 1 2

Request - Forum improvement - ronaldli5 - 03-11-2014

We need something like the following, especially the "view your posts" button.
This screenshot is taken on the index of the another forum, near the header (top) of the page.

[Image: 7rq02.png]

Right now what I have to do is click my name on the top right:

[Image: 7rq42.png]

Then click Find All Posts to the middle-left of the page:

[Image: 7rq5z.png]

Wait for this message to go away:

[Image: 7rqzi.png]

And then in the new page, decide whether anyone has replied by looking at the "Replies count" (seeing if there was a change in the number since I last looked) instead of something like the name of the last person who posted as shown below, screenshot taken once again from the other forum.

[Image: 7rqaS.png]

THAT, or all could be fixed with the "View unread posts" button in the 1st image in this post.
Am I being wrong here? Are there such functions in the forum that I'm not seeing?

RE: Request - Forum improvement - NixOlympica - 03-11-2014

That would be really nice. Seal of approval from me.

RE: Request - Forum improvement - nOmnomnOm - 03-11-2014

Can we have more toys to play with?

RE: Request - Forum improvement - Bulldog. - 03-12-2014

Forum is fine as is.You just lazy forum lancers..All that you described up there is already here,also if you just check on your right side there is today's posts.Changing the skin wont be needed

Replies count is already there.But this forum has so many posts running through it you have to go into each sub category to see what everything was posted

RE: Request - Forum improvement - nOmnomnOm - 03-12-2014

(03-12-2014, 05:57 AM)|BH|Bulldog Wrote: Forum is fine as is.You just lazy forum lancers..All that you described up there is already here,also if you just check on your right side there is today's posts.Changing the skin wont be needed

I said the forums were fine before when it was all blue and stuff.

Still miss that forum layout Big Grin

RE: Request - Forum improvement - Bulldog. - 03-12-2014

(03-12-2014, 05:59 AM)nOmnomnOm Wrote:
(03-12-2014, 05:57 AM)|BH|Bulldog Wrote: Forum is fine as is.You just lazy forum lancers..All that you described up there is already here,also if you just check on your right side there is today's posts.Changing the skin wont be needed

I said the forums were fine before when it was all blue and stuff.

Still miss that forum layout Big Grin

Well it has blue now also in its own way xD

Plus I love this one Tongue

RE: Request - Forum improvement - SnakeLancerHaven - 05-07-2014

Also Chat on Forums 8| realy, I mean not everyone has Skype everywhere and some people just want to leave a message to someone and for that opening Skype is realy a pain in the a**. Also adding friends on forum may finaly have a purpose 8| a small chat box on the right lower corner maybe

RE: Request - Forum improvement - .Gypsy. - 05-12-2014

(05-07-2014, 11:06 AM)Snake Wrote: Also Chat on Forums 8| realy, I mean not everyone has Skype everywhere and some people just want to leave a message to someone and for that opening Skype is realy a pain in the a**. Also adding friends on forum may finaly have a purpose 8| a small chat box on the right lower corner maybe

Good Idea Smile

RE: Request - Forum improvement - Narcotic - 05-12-2014

The problem about a forum chat is, that the forum rules apply there. In skype they don't.
"Said the Moderator." :S

RE: Request - Forum improvement - Praetor - 05-12-2014

Agree with Narcotic.