Discovery Gaming Community
Really should of posted this a few years back. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Introduce Yourself (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Really should of posted this a few years back. (/showthread.php?tid=113435)

Really should of posted this a few years back. - Geoffacake - 03-19-2014

[Image: P90vGDO.png]
Well, my name is Geoff Dawson. Aged 16, I've been flying around Sirius for just over a Decade now, ever since my brother passed me a CD-ROM of Freelancer after he was finished with the Main campaign, I’ve never left it behind. I've gone through 5 copies, all shattered inside my DVD drive.

All I’ve ever done now while i'm not in my studies is dream about the endless reaches of space, what we could possibly do, and how that all started was when Freelancer augmented itself into my childhood, bolting itself as a basis of every Sci-Fi imagination I ever think of. Honestly, it shall never leave me.

I joined the Community back in 2009 on 4.85, I was really quite a stubborn, unknowing little person, only aged 11-12. It really bothers me now that I never knew the real term and basis of "Role-Play" then. But now I’ve have developed a lot more, a lot of deeper RP has been happening, and sometimes while I sit at my desk at school, I always think what kind of scenario I’m coming up to next when I sit back down in front of my computer, will it be lawful battles, pirate encounters, or the total change of step towards the game.

I was never a forums person, I always liked in game RP, but I’ve seem to understand what people see towards forum RP. But I can also see its extent of engagement and factor towards the turning of a factions status or just a little character that could turn the tide of a whole lore.

I've seen Discovery Freelancer in a deeper world than I’ve ever seen it before in my life, have I never seen games take a toll on the relationships between other players, When they said this game was WAR, they meant it. I've seen Relationships break, friendships made. And total hated purge the playings of another person completely from the game. It hurts to see how much it effects someone. But I can honestly say I’ve been effected too, you turn to see that why people fail or succeed in making a successful faction, or gain an important stance from one individual is because of the choices we make towards the game.

Enough about others, lets keep it to me since this is what its about really. I've seen this community start to fall and rise in some parts, that what I intend to help out. For example, I feel that Liberty is too populated by choice, its the starting point, filled with war and battle against those who wish to never leave the urge to shoot, I found Rheinland to be a great place to see passers by, it was pretty exiting at the first few months, ever since I joined the [RM], Discovery Freelancer was never the same, and I also learnt that even someone who's new can start to make changes. ah... how could I put it? " 'Mind-raped' by nomads so they could get back their Nomad power cell, Mind wiped by the BDM, and plenty of Neutral Human/Nomad encounters that end with a goodbye and Cheerio!" its enjoyable, but the last few months I’ve seen its activity dwindle... Break down, people aren’t liking it, I’ve tried to kick back up its activity but it seems that people are no longer interested any more.

Well, I really hope to push my boundaries of a somewhat double life as I seem to sometimes act out scenarios when I’m alone, or thinking in my head of my "Main and only RP character". If that dangerous, then tell me what’s not. Discovery Freelancer hit me hard when it came to see how deep my Character has gotten, its also parted me quite far from others now because of the actions I make, even if it does benefit them, I was on the verge on leaving the [RM] at one point because of how stressful it was that we we're so locked down that I felt 'Owned' by someone, strapped down and pulled by a collar and lead. But the best way to counter this is to do as you please and face the consciences and to truly see if they care or not.

I can't say any names but some may know about it. I can't truly say it in front of their faces but I feel some much comfortable if they are reading this and understood it, like a note on a fridge door. But I can say the time with them so far has been so enjoyable, I felt like a soldier with his own cause, something to actually look forward to when playing Freelancer. But sometimes, i felt scared Playing it too because of what i had to be faced with, just like my first sanction within an offical faction.

Anyway I know this seemed like a bloody well long "Hello" but I thought it be nice to actually post something on here just go get it off my mind.

TL;DR:

THERE IS NO SHORT ANSWER TO THIS!