Discovery Gaming Community
New blood - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Introduce Yourself (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: New blood (/showthread.php?tid=113484)

Pages: 1 2

New blood - Inequity Chaos - 03-19-2014

Good day everyone Smile

I'm a 18 year old guy, who recently purchased a new pc, in January
When we finished the deal, and started to use it, I realised on the first time, that it isn't formatted, and I found some pretty epic stuff in it..

RPG games, Unreal tournament, everything like that, the classics..
I was happy, spend a lot of time playing them again, when I found that mysterious "Freelancer" in a hidder folder.. I was excited, so give it a try.

I won't lie, I played the whole game 6 times, and my best time right now is roughly 8 hours from the beginning, to the last attack on the Dyson Sphere :p

My favourite character is Herr Von Claussen, the man who had to betray his home in order to save it.. And his german accent made me laugh several time, it was epic :p

So I made a little research, downloaded several modifications and full releases. Phoenix, Underverse, and least, but not least Discovery.

Since I love RPG games, and I guess here RP means the exact same thing, I downloaded an it was love on the first sight Big Grin Currently, I have one character on the official server, "Inequity", and after my researches, I made my very first million from mining helium, and selling it in the nearest base. Watched several videos, so I know much about it, but let the future tell me how I will succeed here Rolleyes

After browsing this forum for a little amount of time, and If I call it right, there are official, primary factions, and secondary unofficial factions, but right now I'm not really interested in a full time job in one of those :p If I remember right, Trent was a freelancer too, so I'll be a freelancer for a longer period of time, and if i save up enough cash, I'll join one Big Grin

I have only one question right now: Do I have to 'RP' a single pilot, or it is possible for me to make multiple ones? Because I have something called freelancer account manager, and I don't know how the hell I can use it ^^

So yeah, that would be me, a single gamer who started playing this game about several weeks ago, and want to be member of this community Big Grin

RE: New blood - mwerte - 03-19-2014

Hey there, welcome aboard!

Seems like you already have a fairly good grasp of the basics, which is awesome.

Official factions are pretty cool and log term solid groupings of pl!yers, and are generally looked to as an authority in their area some of them require more work on a scheduled basis, but most are pretty laid back and welcoming.

Unofficial factions are generally smaller groupings of players that like playing together in one area, so they decide to team up.

Both are good ways to get started and make friends instantly. Both will help you out with finding things to do and places to be, and are excellent at answering questions in a more casual manner.

Yes. You can have multipule characters, for example, having a pirate character and a trader character. Just remember to act as that character would act if they were real and you will be fine.

As for account manager, you can have 5 ships per account. With FLAM you can easily keep track of and swap out your different accounts.

Have fun, read the rules, and welcome!

RE: New blood - t0l - 03-19-2014

I assume your poll is not meant to be serious, so I voted no.

(I really meant yes.)

Welcome to the ride of your life.

RE: New blood - Binski - 03-19-2014

Welcome!

You can RP as multiple characters. You can even RP with characters that are in opposing factions, although it is frowned upon to use inside info to benefit one side over the other (metagaming/powergaming). Meaning what one character does would not be known by the other, and so you shouldn't act that way.

You can also RP the same 'guy' or character in various ships, IE if your character flies a fighter, but then you get a transport, you can certainly RP as the same character flying a different ship at a different time. Just keep it to the same faction or one very similar. Having said that, if inrp (in roleplay) your character decides to go from freelancer and join a corporation or navy, or turn to outright crime and piracy, that's perfectly fine.

Asking advice is never bad either, if you think you might be pushing the line a bit. Just make sure to follow the rules of whatever ID you're flying with at the time. Many people and unofficial factions have public 'fronts' (flying as freelancers) to cover for their underworld activities (as junkers/pirates etc).

If you have some ideas, go ahead and float them, the community feedback will help you figure out a good path to take!

RE: New blood - Freeroamer - 03-19-2014

Welcome...

RE: New blood - Luke. - 03-19-2014

Ehh newbies that know what they're doing. Need more of those.

Welcome.

RE: New blood - Inequity Chaos - 03-19-2014

Read everything important, also I'm studying those wrecks at the moment :p

Thank you for all your kind words, it is very helpful, and that warm welcome.. It was a pleasure, I wish there are lot more people on the earth would be like that kind Big Grin

Also, I just realised that freelancer is almost 11 years old game... and still, there are hell lot of servers, big communities, and even more people playing it! I like to be here :p

Once again everybody, thank you!

RE: New blood - Cashew - 03-19-2014

Welcome to the show Wink

RE: New blood - Narcotic - 03-20-2014

Your sig. I pissed myself. xD

* Narcotic tries tears

Welcome and stuff.

RE: New blood - Commissar - 03-20-2014

Welcome to the madhouse!

You seem to have a pretty solid grasp on things so far, so I won't bore you with what's already been said. Enjoy your stay here, and feel free to hit me up if you're after RP in Liberty/Rheinland or Gallia.

Good luck out there.