Discovery Gaming Community
What is there to do as a nomad? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: What is there to do as a nomad? (/showthread.php?tid=114073)

Pages: 1 2

What is there to do as a nomad? - foveros - 04-02-2014

I`m thinking of making a nomad character, sinc I`ve really liked them since the campaign. I also like the way they communicate and the fact that their cloak doesn`t use fuel.
What worries me, however, is the "can't exit the Omicrons" clause. Is there enough player interaction there, or is there nothing to do?
I'm asking since buying a gunboat and a cloaking device will cost about 150 million, a very significant investment (at least for those who haven't been playing for long like me).

RE: What is there to do as a nomad? - sindroms - 04-02-2014

I highly suggest using the trial ID for nomad RP. It has an unlimited zoi so you can go wherever.

RE: What is there to do as a nomad? - Pavel - 04-02-2014

Nothing not much to do there.

RE: What is there to do as a nomad? - Sath - 04-02-2014

You can get a Trial ID on a Adad( I guess so, or the nomad LF, as I call it) and go out of Omicrons.

Also, you will get to interact if you can go to Gamma, Delta and even stay in O99 for the nomad farmers. Anyway, playing a nomad is just fine and fun enough.

EDIT: Ninjazzled :|

RE: What is there to do as a nomad? - andreialvin - 04-02-2014

how i can have a trial id?

RE: What is there to do as a nomad? - Lumik - 04-02-2014

(04-02-2014, 02:20 PM)sindroms Wrote: I highly suggest using the trial ID for nomad RP. It has an unlimited zoi so you can go wherever.

This. Try it with LF and trial ID and you will see if you can find enough interaction in Omicrons (and then buy some heavier ship) or it is better for you to leave this area and try luck elsewhere.

RE: What is there to do as a nomad? - foveros - 04-02-2014

I really hate flying snubs, so I guess I'll buy the morph for a survey of the omicrons and see for myself how active they are. Do they sell the trial is at Dur Shurikun?

RE: What is there to do as a nomad? - Auriec - 04-02-2014

Your best bet is to get yourself a trial ID. To do that, you have to find the 'Unknown' system and get to station called "The Shrine". You can get yourself a nomad morph with trial ID there. This ID allows you to try nomad roleplay all over Sirius.
Your PvP possibilities are limited to assisting/defending other nomads, so this ID focuses on written roleplay instead of shooting.

I don't know if there's a restart for the nomad trial ID, but I suggest you try and find the unknown system.
If you want to have a siriuswide nomad ID, you also have the possibility of applying to the K'Hara player faction. I suggest you start with a trial ID though first to explore the roleplay around a nomad.
To get a quick overview and some sort of guide of nomad roleplay and possibilities, you can read the introduction for public Nomad ID players.

As a nomad, you can do lots of things. Evil plot twists, illusions, playing with human minds, deceiving/tricking them into doing something. As a young nomad, you can also learn about the world around you and relay that information to the mindshare. Maybe even wreak some benefits for nomads while you're at it.
When you have gained sufficient knowledge about nomads and successfully get through the K'Hara recruitment process, you could also start shooting on your own.
You should preferably use a nomad morph (light fighter) for this, but anything that the IDs allow is perfectly fine too.

If there is no restart for nomad trial ID, you can only buy it on the Shrine.

RE: What is there to do as a nomad? - Johl45 - 04-02-2014

Nothing to do as a nomad bro.I like their weapons,clocks and especially SNAC but wat is the use ?Theres noone to use them on.... which I think is really waste of time and money.You can only have fun with Order and Core NPC's *laughs* or in connecticut . so its very boring to be a nomad firstly learning nomad language is very difficult and takes lot of time to master snd those long journeys through nomad systems is complete time waste since omicrons are empty except some order and zoner players that to rarely seen.

I advise you to get some other ships like some Rogue Destroyer or Hessian Cruiser and have fun with lawful and traders of respective houses.

RE: What is there to do as a nomad? - foveros - 04-02-2014

So the only way to fly something bigger than a fighter and seeing some action is joining the K'Hara? Is Skype necessary to be recruited in an official faction? I'm not really confident in my English speaking skills so I'd rather not use it.