Discovery Gaming Community
4.87 disappointment - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: 4.87 disappointment (/showthread.php?tid=114130)

Pages: 1 2

4.87 disappointment - red devil - 04-03-2014

In sigma 17 Lambda jump hole leads to Theta.
My jump holes from Frankfurt to Hamburg vanished (used for fast smuggling)
No longer worth chasing nomads, nothing worth taking
Ellesmere system so thick with rocks cant get through them.

ah well, back to 4.86 - much better.

Thanks to devs for all the hard work though.

RE: 4.87 disappointment - Kazinsal - 04-03-2014

There are some jump holes with names that weren't corrected for update 6.

They will be corrected in update 7.

RE: 4.87 disappointment - red devil - 04-04-2014

Also jump gates inactivated. Anyway - I have just reinstalled 4.86, without removing 4.87 and I am now (via a 4.86 icon) in 4.86 The Exiles with my 4.87 ship and weapons. The jump gates are working again, the jump holes are back in Frankfurt and my money is intact. Normal service has been resumed but with Hegemon freighter and Charon class 4 weapons; as in 4.87. Oh and I can go hunt nomads again. The lambda jumphole in sigma 17 is now back at Theta. Specifics like the freighter engines etc have vanished from my ship, and ship is still doing 350.

RE: 4.87 disappointment - Binski - 04-04-2014

(04-03-2014, 11:40 PM)red devil Wrote: No longer worth chasing nomads, nothing worth taking

This I also felt was not the best idea. Nomad hunting was cool and it drew players into the Nomad ZOI for more interactions out in the Omicrons. Not to mention that credit cards and other items dropped made doing missions and killing NPC's worth the time.

In 4.86 I would go to the Alaska system and sit by the shipyard, and pick up the spoils, with the odd fight, ok, easy money but it meant I could progress to a decent ship that bit faster, then I boldly went off into the Universe.

RE: 4.87 disappointment - SnakThree - 04-04-2014

(04-04-2014, 01:14 AM)red devil Wrote: In 4.86 I would go to the Alaska system and sit by the shipyard, and pick up the spoils, with the odd fight, ok, easy money but it meant I could progress to a decent ship that bit faster, then I boldly went off into the Universe.

Or, you could just trade like any other normal player on the server to be part of player-player interaction in this multiplayer game.

RE: 4.87 disappointment - sindroms - 04-04-2014

(04-03-2014, 11:40 PM)red devil Wrote: In sigma 17 Lambda jump hole leads to Theta.
My jump holes from Frankfurt to Hamburg vanished (used for fast smuggling)
No longer worth chasing nomads, nothing worth taking
Ellesmere system so thick with rocks cant get through them.

ah well, back to 4.86 - much better.

Thanks to devs for all the hard work though.

If that was all you were doing in 86 (Flying around sigma 17, smuggling through hamburg and sitting in Iota shooting npcs), then I will dare to say you are playing Disco wrong.

that's mot all I do, it was when I was getting started. I have diff saves for out and out bad guy; smuggler, trader for some quick profit, and team up with the bad guys and go blat the big boys.

Sorry was forgetting - I don't do online, I have the super broadband but not the time. I play when I feel like it.

RE: 4.87 disappointment - red devil - 04-09-2014

I had a hegemon freighter but navigation though space lanes requires manual alignment, So I got to Cambridge and binned it for a firefly. Best thing I did. Big BIG bay, and 4 times 4 defences. In 4,86 it has Transport turrets at 3080 and in 4,87 it has 4 x 4 Charon Turrets. Yes, I can run either in either and have 4.86 and 4.87 desktop icons. Great, now I have two alternatives. When I arrive at the inactive jump gates area. I switch to 4.86 and jump, then switch back. Saves time!

RE: 4.87 disappointment - sindroms - 04-09-2014

You sound upset.