Discovery Gaming Community
Updates on cloaks? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Updates on cloaks? (/showthread.php?tid=114247)

Pages: 1 2

Updates on cloaks? - DragonRider - 04-07-2014

Hey there.
I haven't been following the mod development rescently.
Any updates on the cloaks? Any general ideas what to do with them?

RE: Updates on cloaks? - sindroms - 04-07-2014

Not really.
They seem to be working more or less good now.

I almost bricked my pants, when during a group fight the enemy OC dessies lured out two LNS Battleships, then 5 OC battlebricks uncloaked behind them...

RE: Updates on cloaks? - Singularity - 04-07-2014

Cloaks work fine as they were.. Effects have been rectified as far as I know.

RE: Updates on cloaks? - DragonRider - 04-07-2014

(04-07-2014, 09:07 AM)Singularity Wrote: Cloaks work fine as they were..

*cough* missiles *cough*

RE: Updates on cloaks? - Connor - 04-07-2014

(04-07-2014, 09:07 AM)Singularity Wrote: Cloaks work fine as they were.. Effects have been rectified as far as I know.

Yep. That's true. They've gone back to the old vanilla Osiris effects which do look pretty cool. Obviously the sizes have changed so that snub cloaks don't cloak with battleship size effects.

On a side note, two new sets of cloaks have been added in. Nomad Hybrid Cloaks for all types of ships, which use a nomad power cell to fuel the cloak for an unlimited amount of time. Perma cloak you could say which is only available to the infected, and the Nomad Cloak which again has unlimited cloaking time with the fuel being the nomad or K'hara ID. So no commodity fuel required there. Bear in mind that these cloaks are not designed to be used to escape as the snub cloak takes 40 seconds to charge, the gunboat/cruiser cloak takes just over 1 min and the battleship cloak takes 2 mins to cloak.

(04-07-2014, 09:57 AM)DragonRider Wrote:
(04-07-2014, 09:07 AM)Singularity Wrote: Cloaks work fine as they were..

*cough* missiles *cough*

Missiles ?? Was there any thing wrong in them ? *wasn't me*

RE: Updates on cloaks? - sindroms - 04-07-2014

He means that if you have a character selected and they cloak, your missiles and CDs will still be locked on him until you select a new target. It is the same bug, when you select someone, then CtrlT to deselct him and the missiles will still track him.

The Bugs still there ?? *don't know*

RE: Updates on cloaks? - Binski - 04-07-2014

At the moment you can still be targeted during the few seconds between the activation of the cloak, and its taking total effect ( when you fully disappear). Thankfully though, once its running it cannot be CD'd, but damage can still be taken.

Also, the hybrid cloak, is for Wild ID only right? or OC's too?

Just wild's and Isejin's .. I suppose ..