Discovery Gaming Community
Player Sanctioned: LNS-Leviathan - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Sanctions and Warnings (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+---- Thread: Player Sanctioned: LNS-Leviathan (/showthread.php?tid=114331)

Pages: 1 2

Player Sanctioned: LNS-Leviathan - Hawk - 04-09-2014

LNS-Leviathan has been sanctioned for:

Quote: 3.1 An attack is any hostile action that drains shields to less than 50%. Saying "Engaging" is not sufficient and aggressors are not allowed to destroy a ship before allowing sufficient time to respond. If a player is attacked he has the right to defend himself regardless of who is attacking. Trading nanobots, shieldbatteries or other ammo and equipment during a fight is also considered taking an active role in the engagement.

Consequences:
You destroyed a repair ship without saying a word. You not only did that, but you bragged to your friends in group that you were going to cloak so you could "insta" the repair ship. That's not allowed. Your ship has been handed over to Junkers for a thorough stipping.

Link to original report (Admin use only)

COMPLETE SERVER RULES

BEFORE YOU POST

RE: Player Sanctioned: LNS-Leviathan - tothebonezone - 04-10-2014

That repair ship was lurking with battleships I had been fighting literally minutes before. Having personally seen that repair ship helping the outcast battleships multiple times (with my Liberty Navy characters), I cloaked, moved in, and insta'd it.

Last I checked, someone lingering around in fights (and having been seen helping pirates multiple times) is fair game.

Did the rules change while I was sleeping?

RE: Player Sanctioned: LNS-Leviathan - Hawk - 04-10-2014

He's perfectly fair game. You are correct. That still does not excuse you from the rules of engagement. You have to at least say something. Now in the past, we have let things slide if someone wanders too close to a fight and gets nailed by a stray shot. We know that didn't happen here since you said in group that you were going to cloak and insta him. You then bragged about doing it. You had time to type all that. You could have easily typed an engagement notice.

Quote:3.1 An attack is any hostile action that drains shields to less than 50%. Saying "Engaging" is not sufficient and aggressors are not allowed to destroy a ship before allowing sufficient time to respond. If a player is attacked he has the right to defend himself regardless of who is attacking. Trading nanobots, shieldbatteries or other ammo and equipment during a fight is also considered taking an active role in the engagement.

I'm sorry, I didn't know I had to let a guy engaged in the fight know that I was going to kill him.

I had RP'd and given my engagement notice to those Battleships a few minutes prior. The repair ship came along, and it became my new target.

Literally a revenge sanction, lolol.

RE: Player Sanctioned: LNS-Leviathan - Hawk - 04-10-2014

We're discussing this, but at the moment there is not much to discuss. Submit proof that the ship was doing what you claim and we'll have something to talk about.

[Image: Er8r0uA.png]

Oh, I forgot, I need to put more effort into getting sanctions reversed than getting people sanctioned.

Sorry to say, but I don't screenshot every encounter I get into.

I really don't care if it's reversed or not, I just thought I'd let you know it's a revenge sanction.

And maybe you should re-write the rules, since despite what you're trying to tell me, I was within the rules to murder him.

RE: Player Sanctioned: LNS-Leviathan - Nutline - 04-10-2014

Hello,

I'm the said repair ship who filled the report in:
Quote:Trading nanobots, shieldbatteries or other ammo and equipment during a fight is also considered taking an active role in the engagement

When you killed me I had full 4000 nanobots/shield batteries.

There was no fight (yet), when I landed on scene outcasts battleships were gathering toghether, I was right next to Spirit.of.Fire who was not engaged in any fight (actually, at that point there wasn't any fights in course), you uncloaked in my back and insta'd me without saying a word.. There was no engagement at the specified moment, I was NOT in pvp, Spirit.of.Fire (OC battleship) was not in any PVP.

Staying 10K from manhattan in a OC dread and with a repair ship doesn't mean we're already in PVP, you got to say something ... being a coward and insta me without saying a word while I was trying to play my role using system/local chat and announce my (not yet decided) intentions it's against the rules so that's the reason I've reported the violation.

Not only had you said nothing, my logs show you not saying anything since your first appearances.

I was literally fighting those battleships and Spirit.of.Fire about three minutes before you showed up.

You were following behind the battleship, literally right next to its tail.

I'm going to keep insta'ing you when I get the chance, except I'll just post something as I'm uncloaking.

Congratulations though, you cost me a grand total of 12?? million credits.

RE: Player Sanctioned: LNS-Leviathan - Nutline - 04-10-2014

(04-10-2014, 01:38 PM)Saronsen Wrote: Not only had you said nothing, my logs show you not saying anything since your first appearances.

Of course I didn't just came on the scene

(04-10-2014, 01:38 PM)Saronsen Wrote: I was literally fighting those battleships and Spirit.of.Fire about three minutes before you showed up.

You were following behind the battleship, literally right next to its tail.

Yes, I was right next to him ... preparing to RP.

(04-10-2014, 01:38 PM)Saronsen Wrote: I'm going to keep insta'ing you when I get the chance, except I'll just post something as I'm uncloaking.

It's clearly you don't understand the rules, let me remind you what hawk just wrote above:

Quote:3.1 An attack is any hostile action that drains shields to less than 50%. Saying "Engaging" is not sufficient and aggressors are not allowed to destroy a ship before allowing sufficient time to respond. If a player is attacked he has the right to defend himself regardless of who is attacking. Trading nanobots, shieldbatteries or other ammo and equipment during a fight is also considered taking an active role in the engagement.

Can't you see anything against what you've just said ? Let me bold it for you:

Quote:aggressors are not allowed to destroy a ship before allowing sufficient time to respond

That being said, saying a message and insta me a half of second after does not meet the rules: allowing sufficient time to respond, indeed ... "sufficient time" it's not specified in length ... but half a second it's not enough for a human brain to read, understand the information and take action. Do it and I'll report the violation again ...

(04-10-2014, 01:38 PM)Saronsen Wrote: Congratulations though, you cost me a grand total of 12?? million credits.

It's not about the money here, it's about the rules ... I'm flying my chars in disco for 4 years already, playing outside the rules ain't fun for anybody.

Stick with them, and see you in space!

Nope, not convinced.

You're razorbait for my cruiser now.

I'll be sure you know it's coming but uh, good luck knowing when I'm uncloaking.

(04-10-2014, 01:48 PM)Nutline Wrote: I'm flying my chars in disco for 4 years already,

Congrats, I'm up to 6 or 7? now. Want a cookie?

Thread's over folks.