Discovery Gaming Community
Freeworlds: Tides of War is finally releasing - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Freeworlds: Tides of War is finally releasing (/showthread.php?tid=114395)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Freeworlds: Tides of War is finally releasing - .Gypsy. - 04-13-2014

I would love to post my opinion except that I CRASH every time I launch into space Sad

RE: Freeworlds: Tides of War is finally releasing - dirmaster0 - 04-13-2014

From my 15 minute stint I took from it:
More systems, systems have been reorganized since the old version
No EK kind of sucks.
List for restarts?
Disco actually dipslays better than this (less pixelation)
Pretty on the fence, leaning towards "meh"--And I use to play the old versions religiously

RE: Freeworlds: Tides of War is finally releasing - Savas - 04-13-2014

Are there people actually online?

RE: Freeworlds: Tides of War is finally releasing - Reid - 04-13-2014

(04-13-2014, 01:53 AM)Savas Wrote: Are there people actually online?

Only about 30, it seems pretty unplayable

RE: Freeworlds: Tides of War is finally releasing - .Gypsy. - 04-13-2014

I finally got mine working, I can run skyrim just fine but this thing... geez.. (I wonder how many polygons are in the models) anyway it doesn't look as good as I had hoped it would in game (Disco with graphics mod looks better IMO), that or I have something set wrong. The dark "space" doesn't really look dark and the stars look kinda funny, but then I have only been in one system so far so..

Lasers fire VERY FAST, as stated above, I couldn't tell if one or both my lasers were firing its so fast lol, but I do like it.. seems more realistic (the fast lasers that is, I mean they are lasers after all). I also like the sense of speed you get from the game, it actually feels like you are moving fast.

That's literally all Ive experienced so far as it took me forever to get it to run without crashing. Oh, and to dock on a planet, you just fly into it, the planet setup is allot different then in disco. Its pretty cool.

All in all, I'm on the fence about it. I'm not as blown away by it as I had hoped but I'll try it again tomorrow.

RE: Freeworlds: Tides of War is finally releasing - Reid - 04-13-2014

The first Freeworlds was vastly superior, just from first impressions.

RE: Freeworlds: Tides of War is finally releasing - The.Wizard - 04-13-2014

Is there somewhere description of factions?

RE: Freeworlds: Tides of War is finally releasing - Scumbag - 04-13-2014

I installed it this morning. What i like: the launcher, very cool, every mod could use one. And that's about it.
I'm constantly asking, what, where, who, wtf, how and why? I posted on their forums too, i don't think the mod is ready for beta testing, it should still be in alpha testing, and i think i'm being generous when i say that.

RE: Freeworlds: Tides of War is finally releasing - Venture - 04-13-2014

Ermahgawd!

I almost forgot this!

RE: Freeworlds: Tides of War is finally releasing - lIceColon - 04-13-2014

Star wars is much more "atmospheric" freelancer, and you can't really Ek in a jet fighter.

Besides lasers that travel slower than bullets? u wot m8???

The mod seems much more focused on lining up your ship to take a shot rather than actually shooting, which I think could offer its own challenge.

The only thing I don't like about it is whatever Star Wars RP it expects of you (I remember reading about the rp rules in the previous version of freeworlds). Star Wars pewing is nice, but in terms of RP I prefer the Star Trek style.