Discovery Gaming Community
Today i found out .... - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Today i found out .... (/showthread.php?tid=114524)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today i found out .... - Praetor - 04-15-2014

Mellow children,
I shall share one new thing I learn everyday here at around this time from this day onward.
Also post share any of your info too. DONT POST FLOOD LIKE POSTS THOUGH !!

Code:
[size=large][size=medium][color=#1E90FF][font=Trebuchet MS]Today I found out:[/font][/color][/size]
[color=#00BFFF][font=Verdana] ****** YOUR TEXT HERE *********
[/font][/color][/size]

Edit: Everything I share has been verified and I can cite proof and may also refer to leading Scientific Journals if needed to verify my posts.*

*Maybe

RE: Today i found out .... - Praetor - 04-15-2014

Post's from previous thread

Today I found out:
that it was not Illegal to drink Alcohol during the period of prohibition in USA and it was only illegal to either store,transport or manufacture*which Jack Daniels did anyway* alcohol.

Today I found out:
that in one point of time there were only 7 leopards alive and the entire current population is a descendant of these seven.
Also at one point in time due to some reasons there were only 10,000 Humans(Not near relatives but actual humans) left alive and our current estimated 7 billion population is from of these 10,000.

We were that close to being extinct.

Today I found out:
That sitting too close to the T.V or Monitor does NOT damage your eyes,only if the brightness of the screen is highly different compared to the surrounding's then you get temporary eye strain which goes away after a while when you stop watching.It has Zero permanent damage.
This myth comes from G.E,long ago G.E had made some Old T.V's and sold it,
later on it was found out the T.V's were manufactured with faulty equipment so it emitted X-Rays and G.E announced to the public they would be safe if they didn't watch it too close.They later on recalled the defective products but the notion that T.V's and monitors damage our eyes has stuck with us ever since.

Today I found out:
that in ANY of those "Probiotic Yogurt/Probiotics" products advertisement they dont say what good the bacteria actually does as......... NO ONE KNOWS!!!!.
It certainly does no harm but as there are thousands of different such bacteria,its really hard for Scientist to test them all so no one know what it does.

Today I found out:
that the Salem Witch trails weren't as widespread and raging as its presently thought to have been.
Our current portrayal of what happened is from books written by "creative" writers who highly amplified the events.

Today I found out:
that cracking your knuckles wont cause Arthritis,but it does increase the chance of finger dislocation so if you like your fingers don't crack them!

Today I found out:
that the Russians have a Automatic system called "Dead Hand" that monitors for Nuclear Attacks by other nations and launch a Nuclear Counter Attack COMPLETELY automatically.
This system was built during the Cold War in case the Head Command was Bombed and destroyed.
The system if it detects a attack would send a communication to Head Command and if there is no reply it will assume that its destroyed and launch its missiles.

The bad news is that it was built to last so right now there is a old system active that has the ability to launch Nuclear Missiles automatically.
Scientists are worried that a event like a Meteor Strike can activate it and cause it to send Nuclear missiles triggering a war.

The Russian government assures that there is Human intervention in the system,
I mean why would we not believe them?

Today I found out:
that the damage done to the Ozone layer due to use of chemicals in the past few decades ( like CFCs but these kind of chemicals use has now been stopped ) will be completely repaired by itself by 2050.

Today I found out:
In May 1782, Continental Army Colonel Lewis Nicola, along with several officers who shared his views, wrote Washington a letter urging him to declare himself monarch of the United States.Such a move, they argued, would be the only feasible way for America to survive and grow. At this point, we can see why Washington was a man like no other: Instead of agreeing with the suggestion, he answered Nicola with a scathing letter, rebuking him and ordering him to never bring up the topic again. That reply moved Nicola so much that he wrote three separate letters of apology to Washington.

Today I found out:
that before the 17th century, almost all cultivated carrots were purple.
The modern day orange carrot wasn’t cultivated until Dutch growers in the late 16th century took mutant strains of the purple carrot and gradually developed them into the sweet, plump, orange variety we have today. Before this, pretty much all carrots were purple with mutated versions occasionally popping up including yellow and white carrots. These were rarely cultivated and lacked the purple pigment anthocyanin.

It is thought that the modern day orange carrot was developed by crossing the mutated yellow and white rooted carrots as well as varieties of wild carrots, which are quite distinct from cultivated varieties.

Some think that the reason the orange carrot became so popular in the Netherlands was in tribute to the emblem of the House of Orange and the struggle for Dutch independence. This could be, but it also might just be that the orange carrots that the Dutch developed were sweeter tasting and more fleshy than their purple counterparts, thus providing more food per plant and being better tasting.

RE: Today i found out .... - Venture - 04-15-2014

Today I found out:

That the levels of stupidity in this world is growing by the second.

Srsly...no flood intended

RE: Today i found out .... - Thyrzul - 04-15-2014

(04-15-2014, 06:33 PM)Praetor Wrote: Today I found out:
that in ANY of those "Probiotic Yogurt/Probiotics" products advertisement they dont say what good the bacteria actually does as......... NO ONE KNOWS!!!!.
It certainly does no harm but as there are thousands of different such bacteria,its really hard for Scientist to test them all so no one know what it does.

It should have better been staying in Flood simply because of bullcrap like the one I quoted above.

RE: Today i found out .... - Praetor - 04-17-2014

Today I found out:
that the Eisenhower interstate system requires that one mile in every five must be straight. These straight sections are usable as airstrips in times of war or other emergencies.

Kansas state law requires pedestrians crossing the highways at night to wear tail lights.

RE: Today i found out .... - Zen_Mechanics - 04-17-2014

First CD disk was of Bruce Springsteen titled "born in the USA"

RE: Today i found out .... - Scumbag - 04-17-2014

http://www.reddit.com/r/todayilearned

RE: Today i found out .... - Doc Holliday - 04-18-2014

Over the last couple of years, I found out that European Engineers over think EVERYTHING! My Volvo and the aircraft I work on, the German built EC-145 are proof of this.

I found out that it is illegal to tie your pet alligator to a fire hydrant in the state of Michigan.

Quote:Today I found out:
that the damage done to the Ozone layer due to use of chemicals in the past few decades ( like CFCs but these kind of chemicals use has now been stopped ) will be completely repaired by itself by 2050.
I've got a large political contingent here in America that would debunk this, me NOT being one of them.