Discovery Gaming Community
Today i found out .... - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Today i found out .... (/showthread.php?tid=114524)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Today i found out .... - Praetor - 04-19-2014

Today I found out:
that each of the suits on a deck of cards represents the four major pillars of the economy in the middle ages: heart represented the Church, spades represented the military, clubs represented agriculture, and diamonds represented the merchant class.

Today I found out:
that the Australian $5 to $100 notes are made of plastic.

//Can someone please explain this to me?

RE: Today i found out .... - Backo - 04-19-2014

(04-19-2014, 07:52 AM)Praetor Wrote: Today I found out:

I think the idea was that if they're made of plastic they don't get ruined if you get them wet. They're still hard to counterfeit afaik. Especially given the fact they're the only plastic currency to my knowledge.

But its Australia,what if it melts?

RE: Today i found out .... - Pancakes - 04-19-2014

(04-19-2014, 12:02 PM)Bloodl1ke Wrote:

I think the idea was that if they're made of plastic they don't get ruined if you get them wet. They're still hard to counterfeit afaik. Especially given the fact they're the only plastic currency to my knowledge.

The Israeli 20 NIS bill is also made out of plastic. It's just that plastic has better sustain, and the bills that are most often used usually turned to it in order to let them stay in the market for longer, rather than burned when they get ruined. (The banks send the really damaged bills to the country's main bank, and it burns them periodically, supplying the banks with new unharmed bills).

Plastic bills in themselves cost more to manufacture, but because of their higher survivability they compensate for it in terms of lesser inflation of the market. (You need to print less bills, as the old ones cycle through the system for a longer time).

RE: Today i found out .... - Backo - 04-19-2014

Lowest plastic melting temperatures are around 70° Celsius. If it's 70° outside it won't be just your money that are royally fucked, it'll be you as well. So I don't think that's an actual issue.

RE: Today i found out .... - Mephistoles - 04-19-2014

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-25427663

RE: Today i found out .... - Govedo13 - 04-20-2014

(04-18-2014, 01:54 AM)Doc Holliday Wrote: Over the last couple of years, I found out that European Engineers over think EVERYTHING!
This. Mostly because they are not tied to the results directly but they buy intern different corporate engineering services (lets say 1 engineering department makes the heli circuit boards, second makes the metal parts, third make the aerodynamic tests etc...)
Each of the said departments is fullly independent and in internal competition with others.
Then they put someone that have little to no clue about engineering (read economist technocrat like me) but he is good with numbers to glue the whole thing together- those jokers are called Project Managers.

The said engineering services are accounted in fictional corporate man-days or hours work. As result each division is trying to make as much hours as possible selling it internally because everyone and his dog is using the Peter Drucker corporate system. The same system that even Peter Drucker admitted is bad and would destroy the economy.

(04-15-2014, 06:33 PM)Praetor Wrote: Today I found out:
that in ANY of those "Probiotic Yogurt/Probiotics" products advertisement they dont say what good the bacteria actually does as......... NO ONE KNOWS!!!!.
It certainly does no harm but as there are thousands of different such bacteria,its really hard for Scientist to test them all so no one know what it does.
It is all lies. There is single bacteria that can grown only in Bulgaria and it neighbourhood countries that is actually healthy. The problem is that the said bacteria dies quite fast when one transports it somewhere else.
So the only choice is to use fresh made bulgarian Yoghurt ( read several hours up to one day old) in order to make more Yoghurt at other places over the globe.
So each day there are planes moving to Japan with fresh made Yoghurt because the Japanese are the ones that really care what they eat, no matter the costs.
It is too expensive to mass produce it, so they spam you with the pro-biotic shit.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lactobacillus_delbrueckii_subsp._bulgaricus
Here is more about the Lactobacillus Bulgaricus

RE: Today i found out .... - Punraz - 04-20-2014

(04-19-2014, 12:02 PM)Bloodl1ke Wrote:

In Hongkong is the money also made of plastic.

RE: Today i found out .... - Praetor - 04-20-2014

Today I found out:
that Alaskan citizens do not pay any state taxes; instead every person over the age of 6 months receives an oil dividend check of about $1000 per year.

HONEYY !! pack my bags.