Discovery Gaming Community
DELETE - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: DELETE (/showthread.php?tid=114643)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

DELETE - SnakThree - 04-18-2014

DELETE

RE: Removing missiles and mines from NPC - Punraz - 04-18-2014

It is good like now. Its not a reason to take them the missiles and mines just because it would be more comfy for us. The game is like that and i dont think it need be changed.

RE: Removing missiles and mines from NPC - aakopa - 04-18-2014

Yes, fantastic idea.

DELETE - SnakThree - 04-18-2014

DELETE

RE: Removing missiles and mines from NPC - Troyan12345 - 04-18-2014

I agree this makes me sad when it happens to my trader ( aways at jumpgates )

(04-18-2014, 08:39 PM)Snak3 Wrote:
(04-18-2014, 08:39 PM)Punraz Wrote: It is good like now. Its not a reason to take them the missiles and mines just because it would be more comfy for us. The game is like that and i dont think it need be changed.
So why are you playing Discovery, instead of vanila? Confused
Just because its Discovery it dont need be that easy. The game itself is allready verrry easy on Discovery and Vanilla. If you take all away what it would be uncomfy for us, than you could also say why you shoul need click Lanes allways. Programm a route through all systems and go sleep. Like that it would be than.

RE: Removing missiles and mines from NPC - Lythrilux - 04-18-2014

(04-18-2014, 08:39 PM)Punraz Wrote: It is good like now. Its not a reason to take them the missiles and mines just because it would be more comfy for us. The game is like that and i dont think it need be changed.

.-. Do you play a mod with no trade lanes?

In all seriousness, yes, please remove them from NPCs. Honestly, NPCs that affect the environment rather than being moving scenery is just evil incarnate.

RE: Removing missiles and mines from NPC - Nerva - 04-18-2014

Aye, remove them. They don't do any meaningful damage to players and serve solely as an annoyance. It's ridiculous that a NPC mine or missile explosion can disrupt a lane from such a long distance or send your ship spinning.

Don't remove them from high level NPCs though. (The ones carrying Firestalkers and Rippers; typically spawned by missions or in "guard" systems, or part of capship patrols)

(04-18-2014, 08:42 PM)Lythrilux Wrote:

.-. Do you play a mod with no trade lanes?

In all seriousness, yes, please remove them from NPCs. Honestly, NPCs that affect the environment rather than being moving scenery is just evil incarnate.
I play the same like you and i have also a trader and even me it annoy that what the NPC do, but i dont want it changed just because the comfy.

RE: Removing missiles and mines from NPC - Backo - 04-18-2014

It has it's pros and cons. Sometimes when I'm chasing someone else through the lanes a lucky disruption by the NPCs is all I need to catch him. Sometimes said disruption is a second late and I'm even further behind. I'd say leave it as it is. It's a bit of extra dynamic to the whole laning experience.