Discovery Gaming Community
DELETE - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: DELETE (/showthread.php?tid=114643)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Removing missiles and mines from NPC - Vredes - 09-30-2014

Well duh, going into hostile zones and you get swarmed. Where is the lack of sense in that?

RE: Removing missiles and mines from NPC - nOmnomnOm - 09-30-2014

(09-30-2014, 02:11 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: Can we just remove NPCs completely? The offer literally nothing to the game, except to complicate, ruin and cause frustration during encounters.

NO no no please no. Just remove teh missiles and the nukes since they are pointless.
I dont want have 0 interaction with even the computer when the pop count goes to 30.

RE: Removing missiles and mines from NPC - Lythrilux - 09-30-2014

(09-30-2014, 02:26 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote:
(09-30-2014, 02:11 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: Can we just remove NPCs completely? The offer literally nothing to the game, except to complicate, ruin and cause frustration during encounters.

NO no no please no. Just remove teh missiles and the nukes since they are pointless.
I dont want have 0 interaction with even the computer when the pop count goes to 30.
How do you interact with an NPC?

At the very least I'd suggest that NPC spawning should be turned off when Player Count > 30

RE: Removing missiles and mines from NPC - nOmnomnOm - 09-30-2014

I'd at least do some NPC loot gathering like nomad stuff.
Having no NPCs just means empty space that isnt animated. I would get boring.
the damage amount now is fine for us to ignore them.
What is needed now is just for them to stop interrupting TL with mines and missiles. Thats it.

Also I'd miss the GB and Dread spawns when smuggling or pirating.

RE: Removing missiles and mines from NPC - Fluffyball - 09-30-2014

Remove tradelanes, make Cruise speed 1000. For lulz.

DELETE - SnakThree - 09-30-2014

DELETE

RE: Removing missiles and mines from NPC - Haste - 09-30-2014

(09-30-2014, 02:23 PM)Vredes Wrote: Well duh, going into hostile zones and you get swarmed. Where is the lack of sense in that?

Those hostile zones are made hostile by the players in them, because we are playing a multiplayer game. In addition, 9/10 factions spend 99% of their activity in hostile territory. Why should they be forced to constantly defend themselves from irritating NPCs? How do you expect people to roleplay properly if they have to constantly fly circles or shoot back at NPCs?

NPCs with damaging weapons are really nothing but an annoyance. Although currently, they're really not a big deal. They can be irritating in duels, sometimes, if there's so many that they suppress your shield regen and you have to fight an uphill battle. Any fight larger than a duel, they tend to have little to no meaning whatsoever.

(09-30-2014, 03:32 PM)Haste Wrote:
(09-30-2014, 02:23 PM)Vredes Wrote: Well duh, going into hostile zones and you get swarmed. Where is the lack of sense in that?

Those hostile zones are made hostile by the players in them, because we are playing a multiplayer game. In addition, 9/10 factions spend 99% of their activity in hostile territory. Why should they be forced to constantly defend themselves from irritating NPCs? How do you expect people to roleplay properly if they have to constantly fly circles or shoot back at NPCs?

NPCs with damaging weapons are really nothing but an annoyance. Although currently, they're really not a big deal. They can be irritating in duels, sometimes, if there's so many that they suppress your shield regen and you have to fight an uphill battle. Any fight larger than a duel, they tend to have little to no meaning whatsoever.

Reduce NPC count, increase their firepower, remove mines as they are annoying for both oposing players and like I said friendly fire.

RE: Removing missiles and mines from NPC - Lythrilux - 09-30-2014

(09-30-2014, 02:53 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: I'd at least do some NPC loot gathering like nomad stuff.
On NPCs in general, you could just do that from missions. On the subject of Nomad NPCs, Nom material farming is getting removed next update in place of another method to gather materials to build cloaks etc.

(09-30-2014, 02:53 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: Having no NPCs just means empty space that isnt animated. I would get boring.
Players are meant to fill that void, not NPCs. You log it to see players, not to see NPCs.

(09-30-2014, 02:53 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: Also I'd miss the GB and Dread spawns when smuggling or pirating.
Are you high?

(09-30-2014, 03:54 PM)Lythrilux Wrote:
(09-30-2014, 02:53 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: Having no NPCs just means empty space that isnt animated. I would get boring.
Players are meant to fill that void, not NPCs. You log it to see players, not to see NPCs.

Lyth pls tell us how do we get more players to fill each an every one of disco's 500 systems?