Discovery Gaming Community
CTD upon joining ANY character on ANY server - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: CTD upon joining ANY character on ANY server (/showthread.php?tid=114713)

Pages: 1 2

CTD upon joining ANY character on ANY server - Todd674 - 04-21-2014

First of all hello everyone. Im looking forward to my time on the forums.

But on to my problem. Pretty much what it says on the title. I can launch the game no problem, enter the list of servers, select my character. As soon as i load up the character i wanted to play as on ANY server during the loading screen the game crashes to desktop. I have tried everything from uninstalling Freelancer Mod Manager to re-downloading the mod and reinstall it, to uninstall and re-install the game itself (Fortunately im using Freelancer Account manager or else i would have lost my stuff a long time ago.). Im pretty much out of options and my only hope is the community to be able to help me now.

Thanks in advance to everyone who takes the time to read this and tries to help me.

I'll see you guys in space (hopefully Sad )
Toddster

RE: CTD upon joining ANY character on ANY server - Punraz - 04-21-2014

Hi Smile

Did you do like in here said? http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=70974

RE: CTD upon joining ANY character on ANY server - Todd674 - 04-21-2014

Hello Punraz
As i stated above my installation was clean when i did my last try with re-installing the game itself. I did not install any work arounds or anything, i just installed the game, then the mod. Activated my freelancer account using Freelancer Account Manager.

RE: CTD upon joining ANY character on ANY server - Sath - 04-21-2014

The problem is with your antivirus. Set an exception to your antivirus for the entire Freelancer folder. But before that, check the quarantine of your antivirus for a file named DsAce.dll, 2 files of the same name. Restore both of them and then set an exception to specifically those 2 files(1 will be in the EXE folder and the other will be in the Saved games folder in My documents/My games).

After that, set an exception to your firewall, for FL. Now,, it should work, and if it doesnt, again reinstall from scrap, and then do as I said. It will work for sure, if there is no other hardware related problem.

RE: CTD upon joining ANY character on ANY server - Singularity - 04-21-2014

(04-21-2014, 02:37 AM)Todd674 Wrote: First of all hello everyone. Im looking forward to my time on the forums.

But on to my problem. Pretty much what it says on the title. I can launch the game no problem, enter the list of servers, select my character. As soon as i load up the character i wanted to play as on ANY server during the loading screen the game crashes to desktop.

Happens to me everytime even though there's no problem in my anti-virus setup. I can advice you to do just one thing. When you load the character and the loading bar comes up, just Alt+Tab for seconds to the desktop. Then maximise your FL screen, you will find, your character already logged in.

It works and I do it everytime.

(04-21-2014, 03:29 AM)Moriarty. Wrote: The problem is with your antivirus. Set an exception to your antivirus for the entire Freelancer folder. But before that, check the quarantine of your antivirus for a file named DsAce.dll, 2 files of the same name. Restore both of them and then set an exception to specifically those 2 files(1 will be in the EXE folder and the other will be in the Saved games folder in My documents/My games).

After that, set an exception to your firewall, for FL. Now,, it should work, and if it doesnt, again reinstall from scrap, and then do as I said. It will work for sure, if there is no other hardware related problem.

Ive tried a full re-install of everything from scratch but its still happening. I dont have any AV installed and my firewall is also down at all times because i turn it off while gaming wich is what i do all the time.

(04-21-2014, 04:46 AM)Singularity Wrote: When you load the character and the loading bar comes up, just Alt+Tab for seconds to the desktop. Then maximise your FL screen, you will find, your character already logged in.

It works and I do it everytime.

As much as i would like to be able to confirm this works i have to disappoint you. When i tab out the crash message just appears after the game would have visually crashed to desktop itself.

RE: CTD upon joining ANY character on ANY server - Sath - 04-21-2014

Try cleaning up your registry with some registry cleaner and remove freelancer and disco using seperate uninstaller like revo uninstaller.

RE: CTD upon joining ANY character on ANY server - Singularity - 04-21-2014

(04-21-2014, 06:07 AM)Todd674 Wrote: As much as i would like to be able to confirm this works i have to disappoint you. When i tab out the crash message just appears after the game would have visually crashed to desktop itself.

Well, did you remain tabbed out for few seconds, thats, till the loading bar disappears ?? or did you just maximise the FL screen when the loading bar was still there ?

RE: CTD upon joining ANY character on ANY server - Tunicle - 04-21-2014

Have you checked there are no saved games in your My Documents\My Games\Freelancer folder?

(04-21-2014, 06:36 AM)Moriarty. Wrote: Try cleaning up your registry with some registry cleaner and remove freelancer and disco using seperate uninstaller like revo uninstaller.

Did so and now it wont let me install the Discovery Update 6 anymore even tough i dont even have any programs like FLStat or Companion installed anymore.

(04-21-2014, 10:46 AM)Singularity Wrote: Well, did you remain tabbed out for few seconds, thats, till the loading bar disappears ?? or did you just maximise the FL screen when the loading bar was still there ?

Yes i did. Hit load, Tabbed out, stayed there and after a few seconds i got the message that Freelancer.exe has crashed.

(04-21-2014, 11:12 AM)Tunicle Wrote: Have you checked there are no saved games in your My Documents\My Games\Freelancer folder?

Ive also tried it before the folder in "My Games" has been generated so that sadly is not the issue