Discovery Gaming Community
intelligence services - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: intelligence services (/showthread.php?tid=114965)

Pages: 1 2

intelligence services - Gulryz - 05-01-2014

Ok , it is something I love here and in life. But in here I didn't see TRUE role of intelligence services like in RL. "Proxy war" . Is the role of intelligence services but didn't seen it in discovery and to know more about proxy war google "Proxy war wikipedia"

Here link because you don't wanna find yourself

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proxy_war

RE: intelligence services - Singularity - 05-01-2014

There are Intelligent services factions in discovery, don't you know ? :O ... !!!
and about Proxy war, how would you like to have a "proxy war" situation implemented ??

and infiltration is kind of a above situation too, and counting on that we have multiple infiltration scenarios in discovery like Gallia in Magellan, Rheinland in Bering/Texas.... and vice-versa....

RE: intelligence services - Connor - 05-01-2014

The rolls of intelligence services aren't that simple. Yes, their primary job is to ether gather or work with intelligence they get, but they can alsodo many oother things. For example these services often infiltrate enemy territory to gather intelligence or sabotage the enemy or they can assassinate a few high priority targets. This can also be applied to Freelancer, but you have to be very careful that you do not metagame your information. You'd actually have to go out into enemy territory and find the information out yourself.

RE: intelligence services - Core_One - 05-01-2014

I had MND IDed Freelancer IFFed Eagle with Civilian tech working for LSF... Sadly IDs are RP now

RE: intelligence services - Sath - 05-01-2014

Would get pretty boring in the long run, and with the server population not so amazing, many people wont even give it a try.

RE: intelligence services - Connor - 05-01-2014

(05-01-2014, 07:34 AM)Core_One Wrote: I had MND IDed Freelancer IFFed Eagle with Civilian tech working for LSF... Sadly IDs are RP now

I wish the IDs weren't inRP. You could have so much fun then. A nomad ID'ed lynx with BAF IFF. Would be mad!

RE: intelligence services - Singularity - 05-01-2014

Going with the real meaning of a proxy war, I think the only possible situation that can suit it would be the Liberty Navy and the Bundschuh (I don't remember exactly). The Bundschuh can fight on behalf of Navy inside the Rheinland territories.

(don't remember who has ties with LN, Bundschuh or Unioners)

RE: intelligence services - Gulryz - 05-01-2014

(05-01-2014, 07:45 AM)Singularity Wrote: Going with the real meaning of a proxy war, I think the only possible situation that can suit it would be the Liberty Navy and the Bundschuh (I don't remember exactly). The Bundschuh can fight on behalf of Navy inside the Rheinland territories.

(don't remember who has ties with LN, Bundschuh or Unioners)

It's not navy work. LSF can support them rhienland intelligence service can support liberty revolutions

RE: intelligence services - Gulryz - 05-01-2014

In RL, I don't wanna name any Intelligence service but one county intelligence service in RL support terrorist and revolution groups of enemy country by money weapons etc

RE: intelligence services - SnakeLancerHaven - 05-01-2014

What are Cloaks here for in these days? Get a good freighter or a Frigate (Battle Transport, or at least a Transport that can defend itself very well with nice cargo) and mount a cloak, get yourself inside enemy meetings, take screenshots research it further, open comm channel to your superiors make some great RP, it's actually possible. Infiltration could also work with 2 People, get a Liner mount 2 Docking modules, get 2 Bombers with you and have a Cloak, infiltrate enemy meetings like "Surprise motherf*****" with some little RP, let the Bombers undock, you don't even have to show yourself off they can undock without you uncloaking, kill the enemy = Infiltration. Or get 2 Fighters well make your own strategy of infiltration (of course that thing with Liner needs 2 more players or at least 1 more but it can be done). I'm actually still awaiting the promised Heavy Docking Module which can actually carry up to 6 snubs or 1 Gunboat 8| you can do it, back in Shades of Sol we did that alot it works perfectly you just need the skills of infiltration 8) also we've tested various options of transports and many other ships calculating how long the Cloak lasts and then make your tactical move inside enemy territory.

Ask the SCRA what we did back with Shades of Sol, we succesfully carried 2 Coalition Snubs in a Liner into Manhattan without beeing noticed by a single man, they undocked did their job went back to the liner and docked, Infiltration success.