Discovery Gaming Community
Hessian allies? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Hessian allies? (/showthread.php?tid=115202)

Hessian allies? - Hone - 05-08-2014

The Hessian ID and infocard says they're allies with the LWB, so how come a hessian restart cant dock on LWB bases? If they're not allies anymore Iguess the infocard and ID needs to be updated? Also the infocard says hessians and unioneers are allies, but they cant land on their bases either, and it makes no mention of Mollys.

RE: Hessian allies? - Zayne Carrick - 05-09-2014

Restart shouldn't give you perfect rep.
/thread

RE: Hessian allies? - |nfrared - 05-09-2014

If the infocard says they are allies then the rep should be green. Needs to be fixed.

RE: Hessian allies? - Core_One - 05-09-2014

(05-08-2014, 08:57 PM)Hone Wrote: The Hessian ID and infocard says they're allies with the LWB, so how come a hessian restart cant dock on LWB bases? If they're not allies anymore Iguess the infocard and ID needs to be updated? Also the infocard says hessians and unioneers are allies, but they cant land on their bases either, and it makes no mention of Mollys.

Not only Hessians have this problem... But if you want good rep with LWB, go and bribe us on Junker base - Berlin

RE: Hessian allies? - Singularity - 05-09-2014

Hmm... Infocard error.... ??

RE: Hessian allies? - Core_One - 05-09-2014

(05-09-2014, 09:39 AM)Singularity Wrote: Hmm... Infocard error.... ??

In fact Hessians and LWB are Allies... Just some restarts make your allies hostile or no-dock. And sometimes it's really hard to rep your allies and not mess neutral or friendly factions. For example Hellfire restart makes Mollys and Hessians hostile. And In fact Mollys are Hellfire allies.

RE: Hessian allies? - aerelm - 05-09-2014

Faction restarts are based on the generic restart of their house, which is what causes the rep inaccuracies for foreign allies, and in case of LWB rep on various restarts, it's because of the -0.55 rephack to LWB on Freelancer ID (equipped on house restarts). It's been mentioned on multiple occasions though, that restarts are not meant to give you perfect rep and are only there to increase the time efficiency of setting up process to a reasonable extent.

That said, I've already cleaned up some restart reps for the next update (LWB allies included), but they're still far from perfect and it's unlikely that they'll ever be, unless I again find myself in the middle of an awfully boring evening with absolutely nothing to do. If you have a specific set of reps in mind, you'll have to sacrifice some time by using a different restart which has a rep set closer to what you have in mind (or no restart at all. remember the good old days?) and then flying to your faction base and getting the ID yourself.

P.S: Of course, if anyone's willing to clean up the rep sheets of all the 87 restart templates we have running on GC (each with reps to 101 factions listed. That's 8787 reps to go through and adjust based on faction diplomacy) and send em my way for implementation, I wouldn't mind tossing them in, but far as my own dev to-do list goes, fixing the restart rep inaccuracies is way down the priority list.

RE: Hessian allies? - Hone - 05-11-2014

But Unioneers being listed as allies on the rep list is an infocard error?