Discovery Gaming Community
Junker Iore? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Junker Iore? (/showthread.php?tid=115206)

Pages: 1 2

Junker Iore? - Lythrilux - 05-08-2014

Is there any Junker lore to read beyond the very small and very vague Junker wiki page?

Edit: I think this is the wrong section.

RE: Junker Iore? - Narcotic - 05-09-2014

Since Junkers are a vanilla group, you could read all the rumors from the vanilla Freelancer.

Apart from that, check the latest/past Junker rumors from the current/old Disco versions?

Maybe the Congress has made some lore, too.

RE: Junker Iore? - Hawk - 05-09-2014

There was quite a bit written for the release of 4.85 and 4.86, but I'm not sure where to find it all now

RE: Junker Iore? - SnakThree - 05-09-2014

http://the-starport.net/freelancer/forum/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4319

And results from using tool: http://tiny.cc/synthlore and http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=108457

RE: Junker Iore? - Papa Oomaumau - 05-10-2014

Do you want the junker lore per the imaginings of Igiss?
I have a document somewhere but it's rather lengthy
I'd be happy to dig it up if it would be of service

RE: Junker Iore? - Lythrilux - 05-10-2014

Anything is appreciated really.

Gallia only exists in Igiss' mind while the mod-devs scramble to create ships and systems.

Gallia appears as if by magic!
Except for Gallic ships leaving Gallia to scout, no one except Junkers are allowed to freely enter and leave Gallia (as per the ID)
Why is this?

In the beginning, long before the Disco timeframe, ALL Junkers were Gallic Junkers, really just scrap haulers, gypsies if you will, who cleaned up after battles and sold the alloys to anyone in Gallia who could pay, lawful or not.
They were garbagemen, tough guys, and thugs, but not criminals.
They worked under a contract to the Crown and enjoyed neutrality and open skies.

Because of thier 'dirtier' side, and the fact that they showed great skill in balancing loyalties, the King of Gallia contracted them to do some dirty work he needed doing.
Gallia was building armadas and preparing to besiege all of Sirius - but they needed scouts and 'agents provocateurs'.

A derelict Nomad jumpgate had been discovered, and the Gallic egg-heads had jury-rigged it to work, but only one time.
A large contingent of Junker ships was mass-pushed through the gate, arriving in Puerto Rico system.
When the gate then collapsed and destroyed itself, The Rift was formed in Puerto Rico. (if you havent seen it, it's an anomaly like a black hole that crushes anything caught in its gravity well- its really cool looking too!)

These earliest of Sirius Junkers were of course, really Gallic Junkers - with a number of jobs to do:
1) Contact ALL the house governments, offering cleanup services, with the intent of establishing a Sirius-wide network of communication and Black Market cargo delivery.
2) Destabilize the House governments internally by supporting any and all criminal elements via their Black Market fencing operations. keep the House militaries busy fighting each other and chasing ghosts, as it were.
3) Keep the House governments from consolidating or forming massive alliances by gently prodding warring factions and, by blockade running, keeping borders porous enough to keep the Houses fighting one another. Anytime an alliance looked possible, Junkers would ensure that one or the other side appeared to violate treaties.

Now, the Sirius Junkers were SO successful that they soon became the wealthiest faction in Sirius, and easily the most widespread.
Their ZOI was literally EVERYWHERE.
Their neutrality was uncompromised, thier control of the Black Market, total.
(Except for Kusari of course, but the Hogosha are hardly worth mentioning at this point, they don't even compare.)

4.86!
The Gallic Junkers send word that the assault of Sirius is set to begin, and the Sirius Junkers must fall in line, and submit to orders from the Crown of Gallia.

The Sirius Junkers responded with a message to Gallia: "Get Bent!"

The Sirius Junkerss were not about to surrender their holdings and the fruits of a hundred years of delicate work. They swore instead to aid the houses (Except their nemesis, Kusari) in their defense against Gallia.
THATS why Kusari was so hard hit by the invasion - the Sirius Junkers leaked tactical information to the Gallic Junkers regarding Kusari.
...of course, with Liberty attempting to criminalize the Junkers, there is a very good chance that the Junkers will leave Liberty twisting in the wind when the Gauls come, but THAT I suppose is up to Liberty...

So now the Gallic Junkers and The Sirius Junkers are very nearly at war with one another.
Sirius Junkers are only barely welcome in Gallic skies, as the Crown hopes to still bring them under its control yet.
Gallic Junkers are only barely welcome in Sirius skies, as a weak thread of brotherhood (but not tolerance) still exists.

So NOW the Gallic Junkers function as a lawful entity (or corporation, depending how you look at it) inside Gallia, and thats why the Crown's enemies are hostile to them, and also why they cannot pirate in Gallia, its not what they DO.

The Sirius Junkers on the other hand, are quite the opposite, and function effectively as the Sirius Mafia, held out of ONLY Kusari by the audacity of the yakuza (Hogosha) and thier fierce -and emperor sanctioned- hold on the Kusari black market.

*OK, it took some editing but that's the 'word of Igiss' on Junker Lore, in a nutshell.
This is the explanation behind Junker Black Market control, their widespread ZOI, and their almost complete neutrality - while simultaneously supporting the worst of Sirius's worst groups on the sly.
This is also why Junkers let everyone dock on their bases, especially smugglers and pirates, it supports their long-term goal of keeping Sirius destabilized.

Hope that helps!

RE: Junker Iore? - Lythrilux - 05-10-2014

Thank you! That was a very good read and I finally found out what caused the rift in PR Big Grin

Keep the lore coming if there's any more guys.

No worries, man.
I love Junkers, I am Tim Finnegan after all, ain't I?

RE: Junker Iore? - Omi - 05-10-2014

(05-10-2014, 07:54 PM)Papa Oomaumau Wrote: Sirius Junkers are only barely welcome in Gallic skies, as the Crown hopes to still bring them under its control yet.

hahahahahaha
oh boy

engage all junker for the crown