Discovery Gaming Community
How to deal with this situation? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: How to deal with this situation? (/showthread.php?tid=115222)

How to deal with this situation? - Nerva - 05-09-2014

Let's say that a House Navy player with a transport is camping a station of allied faction. The usual occupation of said player is to shoot passing NPC corporate transports of the same House and sell their cargo on the station.
Let's also say that I'm flying a police ship of the same House.

Question 1: Are player's actions against the rules? 1.3 for example.

Question 2: What is a good inRP way to deal with the situation, that doesn't involve a rule break?
In this case I asked for a good explanation, didn't get one, deemed that the Navy ship turned rogue and destroyed it. Not exactly by rule 1.3, either. And I don't like shooting friendly ships ...

RE: How to deal with this situation? - Connor - 05-09-2014

Shooting NPCs to make money or just for fun isn't against the rules, but if you're shooting allies or npcs of the same faction as you, that's frowned upon. However, you can still treat it as an InRP interaction. For instance, if you see an LR ID ship attacking Navy NPCs and a Navy ID player comes along, you can treat that as fireing upon the navy and act accordingly.

RE: How to deal with this situation? - SnakThree - 05-09-2014

Post a thread in Communication channel to official factions of the house to issue Faction Right 5 after requirements are met.

RE: How to deal with this situation? - Singularity - 05-09-2014

1. I think yes, it does override the 1.3 Server rule.

2. Try explaining him. If he doesn't, you know the way around that you did.

*my thoughts*

RE: How to deal with this situation? - Vigilia.Procuratio - 05-09-2014

People do this all the while as a Junker and that's okay until they get caught in-RP. Doing so as Navy or Police, though, is just plain wrong. Personally, I wouldn't shoot them simply because if they make a complaint then the onus is on your part to prove they were doing that. Also, so long as they're not attacking players, their mere presence is less of concern in the short-term.

Is this happening over Bethlehem, per chance?

EDIT: If it's the Russians I'm thinking of, they have pirate IDs now. Still, the Zoners won't like it much.

RE: How to deal with this situation? - Nerva - 05-09-2014

(05-09-2014, 06:01 PM)Singularity Wrote: 2. Try explaining him. If he doesn't, you know the way around that you did.
Tried that few days ago. Didn't work, apparently.
I'll try convincing him to get a pirate ship next time. Not that I can do anything else anyway. He can just dock the moment he sees me.

(05-09-2014, 07:09 PM)Vigilia.Procuratio Wrote: Personally, I wouldn't shoot them simply because if they make a complaint then the onus is on your part to prove they were doing that.
Yeah. That's why I'm recording when I'm doing something that can be interpreted the wrong way later.

(05-09-2014, 07:09 PM)Vigilia.Procuratio Wrote: Is this happening over Bethlehem, per chance?
No. Bethlehem is a perfect spot for that, though.

RE: How to deal with this situation? - Hone - 05-10-2014

My advice:

Screenshot him shooting lawful NPCs, report him to the official factions like SNAK suggested, tell him its against the law and to stop, if he refuses, kill him for being a criminal inrp as you did.