Discovery Gaming Community
Looking for an artist (Faction emblem request) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Media Center (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Looking for an artist (Faction emblem request) (/showthread.php?tid=115328)

Pages: 1 2

Looking for an artist (Faction emblem request) - Vendetta - 05-12-2014

Absolutely no one I know has any art skills what so ever. I've lately been working on the lore of a BHG Core faction, and I would really appreciate it if someone would be willing to create a faction emblem for me. It doesn't have to be special, it could even be a modified version of the current Core Emblem, which can be found on the Wiki page.

I have absolutely nothing to offer except my gratitude.

EDIT: So, I figured I'd add a few details to this.

The factions name is the 112th (one-hundred-and-twelfth) Core Research and Recovery division. The tag is 112th-C|. A darker, modified version, with the words "Research and Recovery", of the current Core emblem, with perhaps a few bits and pieces added on to it. "Bits and pieces you say?" You ask. Yes, says I. I'm not specifically sure what additions could be made, but I don't want it to be too similar.

RE: Looking for an artist (Faction emblem request) - Praetor - 05-12-2014

I can offer 80 Mill to the person that delivers Vendetta with a emblem he is satisfied with.

RE: Looking for an artist (Faction emblem request) - An'shur - 05-12-2014

I'll try it, PM sent to Vendetta Smile

RE: Looking for an artist (Faction emblem request) - An'shur - 05-13-2014

Hello, here is my vision of new BHG Core logo, quite simple like many others Smile I can send you 10 times bigger version if you want (I can't post it here in that size).

::I removed picture from here because I weren't ablo to post here more::

RE: Looking for an artist (Faction emblem request) - Foochow - 05-13-2014

I'll do something when I get on computer

RE: Looking for an artist (Faction emblem request) - Deeceem - 05-13-2014

Well, I gave it a try. :|

[Image: hTBWA2f.png]

RE: Looking for an artist (Faction emblem request) - Vendetta - 05-14-2014

Deeceem, Absinthe, both are very good examples, though they are not quite what I'm looking for. I'm going to update the main post and add some details.

RE: Looking for an artist (Faction emblem request) - Deeceem - 05-14-2014

And another go.

[Image: teTQYZK.png]
[Image: 5CATW3g.png]
[Image: 2FTJuPH.png]
[Image: MW7XcYf.png]

Edit: Added two other versions after reading Tyler's helpful input... Although I have really no idea what a Freelancer BHG font might look like to be honest, so I just took "Agency" and played slightly around with it.

Edit2: Added a more bluish version + a little "112th" on the lower right side.

RE: Looking for an artist (Faction emblem request) - Tyler - 05-14-2014

Although not linked to the person requesting the logo, I'd like to put my 2 cents in on your entries Deeceem. If you feel offended, please, don't. Not my intention whatsoever but just my view on the design.

My opinion is you overuse the bevel & emboss function on whatever program you use to design, my guess Photoshop.

Also, save up in a higher format, the current quality makes it all very 'gritty'. If you're doing transparent backgrounds make a "green screen" layer background, which you can hide when saving it up in .png. This'll allow you to see your design crisper and clearer before finalizing the product.

Also, the fonts don't match (again, to my opinion) anything Bounty Hunter related. DaFonts has a nice collection of fonts.

I do like the usage of your mask applies in your signatures. Continue with the good work!

RE: Looking for an artist (Faction emblem request) - An'shur - 05-14-2014

Hello, according to your updated main post, this isn't exactly what do you want, but I tried to upgrade my last version. Only software I used is Paint XP (don't laugh please Smile ) Sword's shape is inspired by non-Core BHG logo and rest is from Core logo. I replaced omega symbol with omicron, because the Core is now estabilished in Omicrons, that's sounds logical.