Discovery Gaming Community
Come on Admins! - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Come on Admins! (/showthread.php?tid=115453)

Pages: 1 2

Come on Admins! - Tutashkhia - 05-16-2014

Closing the Sanction thread and saying something that you're not sure about,what Can I call this?

The said Moderator, you're talking about in that thread is Narcotic. Here is the quote of his explanation:

Quote:[12.05.2014 15:46:52] Simon (Narcotic): I suggest to talk to aerelm about that.

Then how the hell you're sure that I'm well aware of all that matter?

What's more, I've done what Narcotic suggested me to do... but looks like that guy, Aerelm, is just ignoring me. PMed him on the forum, and in the Skype,but there is still no answer.

What can you suggest me now? Whom to talk about this?

P.S I hope I won't get a warning or a 72-hours temphaban for all this.

P.S.S Guys,who're not concerned about this matter, please help yourself making posts... This's not how you understand this. And it's not that I'm complaining there has been no respond to my PM for 1 day or for 2 days, or even for a week. I'm not talking about it.

RE: Come on Admins! - Skullz - 05-16-2014

When you contact some one it is a good idea to wait a few days for a response. Most members of the community also have job/school and other hobbies and interests outside of Discovery.

Patience really is a virtue.

RE: Come on Admins! - Tutashkhia - 05-16-2014

(05-16-2014, 08:31 AM)Skullz Wrote: When you contact some one it is a good idea to wait a few days for a response. Most members of the community also have job/school and other hobbies and interests outside of Discovery.

Patience really is a virtue.

Closed sanction thread = there won't be any more responds.

Saying one thing, when the truth is another isn't a nice thing too. That sanction thread was closed because as most of Admins think I had a chat with the moderator about that and I'm quite sure about all this. Which is quite incorrect, and that's why I copied that "skype chat".

So you got it wrong mate. Wink You misunderstood a bit.

RE: Come on Admins! - Apollon - 05-16-2014

There's something called discussion, people need to discuss things like that, and there's patience everyone has lives to attend to.

RE: Come on Admins! - Narcotic - 05-16-2014

I call trial by forum!

Also, posting threads about sanction notices isn't the best thing to do. Even worse when they got closed.

That put aside, you bring skype into the matter - which btw. can't be used as "proof" on the forums. In fact, I could have ignored you on skype. But instead I had an over one hour long talk with you, explaining you what you did wrong BEFORE you reposted that relevant RP thread and got sanctioned for it.

(05-16-2014, 08:26 AM)Tutashkha Wrote: The said Moderator, you're talking about in that thread is Narcotic. Here is the quote of his explanation:

[12.05.2014 15:46:52] Simon (Narcotic): I suggest to talk to aerelm about that.

I don't like when people badmouth me. If I'd be a mean moderator, I'd quote our whole 2000+ words conversation here to make you look like a fool.

Quote:[11.05.2014 19:38:22] Simon (Narcotic): well, guess I can't stop you from doing that
[11.05.2014 19:38:39] Simon (Narcotic): I'll let the other mods/admins take care of it in case they still see it as metagaming

And since you didn't bother to understand the definition of metagaming, I passed on the task to the admins. And they made a decision. I don't see what else is there to talk about.

RE: Come on Admins! - aerelm - 05-16-2014

I haven't replied to your forum PM yet because I'm currently busy pouring the entirety of my rather limited free time into development of update 7 so it can be released sooner. I'm sure the community would rather see me working on update 7 release than sitting in a sanction thread for hours and going on and on about why those two threads of yours were clear metagaming, which would most likely end in yet another endless debate, due to your rather smart strategy of playing rather dumb the moment things don't go your way. Which, by the way, is starting to get rather old rather fast (and thats a lot of "rather"s I used in a rather short paragraph).

You've already had an hour long chat with Narcotic on Skype, during which he pretty much covered every single one of your questions and concerns. So I suggest you re-read that log if you still feel anything regarding the sanction is in any way unclear.

RE: Come on Admins! - Savas - 05-16-2014

My suggestion would be to just drop it.

RE: Come on Admins! - Tutashkhia - 05-16-2014

Quote:That put aside, you bring skype into the matter - which btw. can't be used as "proof" on the forums.

Wasn't I blamed for powergaming due to that "skype chat" which I had with you?
Wasn't that sanction thread closed based on the conversation in skype? Or do I get it wrong?

Quote:But instead I had an over one hour long talk with you, explaining you what you did wrong BEFORE you reposted that relevant RP thread and got sanctioned for it.

If you consider that "one hour long talk in skype" as an explanation of my tempaban, then that's another matter. In that case I can prove you my guiltlessness. I can explain my fairness anywhere you like, either in skype or on forum in this thread. Wink

P.S I really appreciate your hard working Aerelm. Suggest me someone else who has much free time, so that I will be able to debate with him/her.
P.S.S You're right Moriarty. Let's make this much privacy.

RE: Come on Admins! - Savas - 05-16-2014

Just going to weigh in again...

If you believe your sanction was undeserved, compile all the evidence, make a cogent and well-reasoned case in your defense and submit it to them privately; refrain from badgering them on the forums.

RE: Come on Admins! - Sath - 05-16-2014

That is just a lot of badmouth there. Why do it publicly?