Discovery Gaming Community
My new sig, I would like here some feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Media Center (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: My new sig, I would like here some feedback (/showthread.php?tid=115751)

Pages: 1 2

My new sig, I would like here some feedback - Zahir - 05-23-2014

[Image: JSFLibeccio_DONE_zps8a353d64.png]

Yet not used, waiting for application process to be done.

EDIT: Meanwhile the process ended, and the name changed, and I got some advice to consider. It's a new version.

RE: My new sig, I would like here some feedback - R.I.P. - 05-23-2014

Looks good to me.

RE: My new sig, I would like here some feedback - evanz - 05-23-2014

looking good, but smooth out the edges of the characters, also the char name needs to have a shadow outline to define it better

RE: My new sig, I would like here some feedback - Zahir - 05-23-2014

On the chars I can't help, at least not with Paint.net.
But the text made me to thinking a lot, maybe the position and the shadow could be better.

RE: My new sig, I would like here some feedback - AwsumBeerDrinker - 05-23-2014

Too big for our forums here.

Couple of errors:

1. The cuts - You can clearly notice all the cuts you made. To cover it up, use the Blur Tool, a soft brush and just blur the edges out a bit. My current blur strength is 31%

2. The colors - They require more blending work. I see you got the idea, but you do need to work on blending the actual images with the rest of the whole signature/picture in order for it to look like a whole piece.

3. The ship - Using drop shadow or outer glow (depending on what you used) is not really usable as you think. For instance in your try here, it just made the ship stand out from it all. That's not what we want here. We want for the image to be a whole, not just alot of stuff thrown on it

4. The frame - Don't... Like, just don't use stuff from Google. Try and make your own frame, or better, have no frame

Some extra stuff you should try:

Visit forums like gfxforums.com and try to learn more. The community is great and they provide you with resources that you'd want to have while working on GFX. If you are passionate about it, you will succeed.

And just to show you what I made in less then 20 minutes (it's not hard at all)

[Image: 87THgFR.png]

Edit: I'm willing to help you out if you wish to dedicate yourself to actually making GFX. Do me a favor and tell me which editing software do you use, and I'll see how can I help you with it

RE: My new sig, I would like here some feedback - utrack - 05-23-2014

Whee, I could remove your sig for being too big before you use it!
The sig itself looks nice tho.

Well, I have to agree on many point, thank you very much!

Still, my goal was exactly, to let the ship jump out, seems succeeded.D

The edges, and blur I will try out.
The border, suxx I know, and old school, that was with will, to emphasize the junker feeling, maybe it was a bit too easy way.

Too big? what dimensions are allowed?

RE: My new sig, I would like here some feedback - Redon - 05-23-2014

Well, I can already tell you it's too high. In fact, all three pictures combined, that was the most gigantic signature I've ever seen on these forums.

That aside, why are you using a gif format for an image with transparency?

(05-23-2014, 08:02 PM)Redon Wrote: Well, I can already tell you it's too high. In fact, all three pictures combined, that was the most gigantic signature I've ever seen on these forums.

That aside, why are you using a gif format for an image with transparency?

Sorry about the big sign, it was not with will, just in construction, I will wipe out, as I did before.
I will gladly shrike it, what's the max width, height?

(05-23-2014, 07:53 PM)AwsumBeerDrinker Wrote: Edit: I'm willing to help you out if you wish to dedicate yourself to actually making GFX. Do me a favor and tell me which editing software do you use, and I'll see how can I help you with it

I used Paint.Net...like a knife for a scultureBig Grin