Discovery Gaming Community
Player Banned: Vrabcek - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Sanctions and Warnings (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+---- Thread: Player Banned: Vrabcek (/showthread.php?tid=116061)

Pages: 1 2

Player Banned: Vrabcek - Garrett Jax - 05-31-2014

Vrabcek has been banned for:

Quote:Server Rule Following actions are considered cheating on server:

Using non-Discovery mods, as well as using modifications that improve stats of items and ships.
Changing account information and using any kinds of software that changes normal gameplay.
Using any equipment not included for sale/looting in Discovery mod.
Using equipment that exceeds ship specs.
Cloning, e.g. creating new characters to collect starting money.
Single player having more than one instance of Discovery open to fly their own characters.
Suicide Trading.
Disabling vSync to gain a framerate of 160 or higher.

Consequences: Got some video of you jittering worse than a coke head in rehab. Very obvious example of cheating. You are banned for 30 days from the forum and server. Your [Angel] faction membership is also over.

Admin Link

COMPLETE SERVER RULES

BEFORE YOU POST

If you post in this sanction and are not directly involved or a leader of the accused person's faction be advised that you are consenting to be subjected to the reprisal of my choice which may involve in game repercussions up to a ban.
Blaming members of your immediate family, neighbours, friends, pets, and assorted Orcs, Trolls and any other legendary creatures may result in the use of Admin Right #CTE 750AE

RE: Player Banned: Vrabcek - RM-Marinenachrichtendienst - 05-31-2014

Vrabcek here...

First of all I cant even get above 100 fps, because my radeon graphic card for a weird reason doesn't allow me to. I wish I could get more, so you could understand why this came somehow unexpected as I haven't been experiencing more fps as the mentioned 100

Secondly I would like to see the video for myself, because if jittering is happening with 100 fps, then you should consider lowering that number to 60 for all instead of 160.

RE: Player Banned: Vrabcek - Hawk - 05-31-2014

I'm sending it to you now. It's an old video from almost two months ago. We took our time with this one. We dismiss many of these, but this is one of the most obvious any of us have ever seen.

RE: Player Banned: Vrabcek - Garrett Jax - 05-31-2014

PM sent

RE: Player Banned: Vrabcek - Divine - 05-31-2014

As he's a member of my faction and the evidence of this sanction points to a video where he's flying my factions colours, I'll take the freedom to post here.

So I'll start with the video this sanction references to, which is publically available at "Sindroms, Discovery Freelancer" Youtube-channel.
15Min of Discovery Freelancer: Ep34, Tau 23 with the IMG|

[20:21:09] Divine: so to sum that up, a sabre (lagging) at 350 cruise and a lf (lagging) at 400 cruise, cruise around a station at a time the server was in a really bad condition, whilst the lf pilot is frapsing a video and skype-calling [//Edit: Spazzy just mentioned the call was over TS - [20:58:04] Sindroms: I was on TS, not skype.]

[20:21:59] Divine: with no combat interaction here whatsoever, and a clean combat interaction earlier in the movie, where other participants that can be heard in that video even state the condition of their connections and the servers condition

[20:27:16] Divine: "oh, I'm sitting on wyfy, so I'm always have 2% lag"
[20:27:24] Divine: original wording from spazzy
[20:27:30] Divine: at 3:05

Quote:[6:58:33 PM] aerelm: people who were warned for jittering were:
[6:58:47 PM] aerelm: 1. the first wave of jittering reports, so some of them didnt even know about it
[6:59:04 PM] aerelm: 2. first time offenders and people who could've been given benefit of doubt
[6:59:28 PM] aerelm: 3. not in a position which grants the trust of the staff (i.e. they didnt abuse our trust, michal did)
[6:59:42 PM] aerelm: 4. not a single one used it as malicious and harmful as michal did
[7:00:10 PM] aerelm: (and the only reason he got busted was because he was under the impression that he's up against a new IMG recruit, while the player behind the char was actually a vet only flying a recruit ship)

1. I'd like to be shown the warning Vrabcek received
2. and 3. that's your personal position and has nothing to do with a fair judgement
4. explain "malicious" in the context shown in the video, where two fighters cruise around a station not interacting in any way with each other, no shooting, no talking whilst you should consider that the fight that happened at the beginning of the video was perfectly fine when it comes to said "maliciously and harmfully used" jittering

I believe aerelm already explained it quite nicely already to you. You have the evidence, multiple devs/admins viewed it and the staff rendered a judgement based on the experience and privileges enjoyed by this player. I appreciate you wanting to stick up for your faction member, but we have made our decision in this matter.

RE: Player Banned: Vrabcek - Divine - 05-31-2014

(05-31-2014, 07:44 PM)Divine Wrote: ...
Quote:[6:58:33 PM] aerelm: people who were warned for jittering were:
[6:58:47 PM] aerelm: 1. the first wave of jittering reports, so some of them didnt even know about it
[6:59:04 PM] aerelm: 2. first time offenders and people who could've been given benefit of doubt
[6:59:28 PM] aerelm: 3. not in a position which grants the trust of the staff (i.e. they didnt abuse our trust, michal did)
[6:59:42 PM] aerelm: 4. not a single one used it as malicious and harmful as michal did
[7:00:10 PM] aerelm: (and the only reason he got busted was because he was under the impression that he's up against a new IMG recruit, while the player behind the char was actually a vet only flying a recruit ship)

1. I'd like to be shown the warning Vrabcek received
2. and 3. that's your personal position and has nothing to do with a fair judgement
4. explain "malicious" in the context shown in the video, where two fighters cruise around a station not interacting in any way with each other, no shooting, no talking whilst you should consider that the fight that happened at the beginning of the video was perfectly fine when it comes to said "maliciously and harmfully used" jittering

Explain that.

Faction leaders can request evidence and make their own decisions whether to retain those members based on that evidence. Aerelm has already spoken with you on skype concerning the reasoning behind the judgement. We are under no further obligation to you to continue explaining the matter in a way that you can understand. Do not post here again.

You have been warned and disregarded the warning. Post invised and thread locked.

Jittering - Hathor - 05-31-2014

Added in here for further consideration -J

In all the time I'm part of this community I have never been sanctioned nor warned, that is why I do believe that this ban is a very harsh and an unjustified move towards me. Always played by the rules, never really been a forum troll, cancer of discovery or whatever.

In all those years I'm playing here I'm playing the same. In all that time I have never been talked to that I have been jittering or whatever and I can tell you in all those years I have been fighting almost everyday. In all that time I'm also active in connecticut to fight with persons I call friends. They would have told me if I would have any signs of jittering.

Furthermore you claim I am using cheats and that based on only one video which was already nicely explained by Divine, who said a lot factors that could be the reason why my ship was moving weird in the one and half minute cruise.

Quote:a sabre (lagging) at 350 cruise and a lf (lagging) at 400 cruise, cruise around a station at a time the server was in a really bad condition, whilst the lf pilot is frapsing a video and skype-calling [//Edit: Spazzy just mentioned the call was over TS - [20:58:04] Sindroms: I was on TS, not skype.]
+Java defences + if you watch carefully you see that I was bumping the station too to attract its missiles towards the annoying LF

A pity Spazzy didn't have the lag icon activated, maybe that would bring some light into this. But we all know what meant to play on the server a while ago, when you were forced to use codenames to actually be able to take down the oponent shield.

I will repeat myself again, I simply cannot go over 100. I tried so many times to have more, but I couldn't find a way how to do it. My graphic card is ATI RADEON HD 5800 if it helps somehow.
If you watch the video as whole you see that my ship is moving like any others, lag every now and then like anyone else but that's all. How can you explain to me that I wasn't jittering there with 10 people and Battlesheep Java shooting 50 missiles and then when I'm having a cruising date with Spazzy my ship simply moves weird?

To be honest I wish I would be able to use more FPS so I could at least hammer down my enemies and be unhittable, but I cant and I don't know how else should I tell you that I'm simply not cheating.

To sum it up, I feel unrightfully banned for something I haven't done, so I ask the staff to review this sanction.

P.S.: if you would at least ban me for racism, antisemitism or swearing, but this?...