Discovery Gaming Community
Looking for opinions - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Looking for opinions (/showthread.php?tid=116363)

Looking for opinions - massdriver - 06-08-2014

Harmless minipoll for my techdemo and what disco players want to see in near future (currently working character/account + mysql stuff)

-> Add character skill sheet a la EVE or not? for sure much less time consuming, mostly to make player play from "lows" to "highs" instead of ololo capshup I BUY in 2 mins bikoz frend gave me monu

-> Split character and his ship to be independent in time and space? (eg you fly capship, switch to fighter and escape, another player can board capship and get it as full property)

-> Perma character and/or ship death?

-> Multiple currency with convertion loss? (you would need specified currency to buy/sell services in each region of space/system)

-> Mod slots for gunz/equipment?

-> Player predefined templates or customizable character creation process? yet without faces Tongue

RE: Looking for opinions - Jonas Valent - 06-08-2014

-> Add character skill sheet a la EVE or not? for sure much less time consuming, mostly to make player play from "lows" to "highs" instead of ololo capshup I BUY in 2 mins bikoz frend gave me monu

Please No. Don't turn Disco into EVE.

-> Split character and his ship to be independent in time and space? (eg you fly capship, switch to fighter and escape, another player can board capship and get it as full property)

No. Doesn't make sense inRP.

Interesting but would probably affect activity as players wouldn't want to lose their toys or characters.

-> Multiple currency with conversion loss? (you would need specified currency to buy/sell services in each region of space/system)

Also Interesting but would probably prove to be too complicated.

Not sure what you mean by that.

-> Player predefined templates or customizable character creation process? yet without faces Tongue

This would be a very nice feature but I don't think it would be possible tech-wise since vanilla freelancer had nothing like that and the source code is not available.

RE: Looking for opinions - massdriver - 06-08-2014

(06-08-2014, 12:46 AM)Jonas Valent Wrote: -> Split character and his ship to be independent in time and space? (eg you fly capship, switch to fighter and escape, another player can board capship and get it as full property)

No. Doesn't make sense inRP.

this could give more "freedom" feel imho, since your character is not "soul-connected" to your ship

also this can bring more RP actually because your capship for example is a potential flying base with all services onboard or perhaps an escape ticket for your party members if ambushed

(06-08-2014, 12:46 AM)Jonas Valent Wrote: -> Multiple currency with conversion loss? (you would need specified currency to buy/sell services in each region of space/system)

Also Interesting but would probably prove to be too complicated.

and this will make fat cash holders to be less meaningful

RE: Looking for opinions - Thyrzul - 06-08-2014

@Jonas
(06-08-2014, 12:19 AM)massdriver Wrote: Harmless minipoll for my techdemo and what disco players want to see in near future (currently working character/account + mysql stuff)
Nobody in here is talking about Disco.

@massdriver

Idk if there's a game out there with that or not, but what I'd like to see for once is a skill system where there is a constant loss of "experience" or "level of skill", resulting in the loss of the skill if you don't keep using it. Practically I'd like to see the introduction of the concept of "falling out of practice".

Separating characters from ships definitely gets a yes from me.

Perma ship loss is okay, perma death is rather only if there is a switch for it.

Multiple currency sounds interesting, I'd definitely give it a go.

I'm not sure what you mean by the last two points.

RE: Looking for opinions - utrack - 06-08-2014

No

-> Split character and his ship to be independent in time and spaaaaaace? (eg you fly capship, switch to fighter and escape, another player can board capship and get it as full property)

Great idea. You might want to look @ X3 for the sample.

Server-side setting?

-> Multiple currency with convertion loss? (you would need specified currency to buy/sell services in each region of spaaaaaace/system)

Setting again

Sure, if it would be balanced - there shouldn't be the best mod. Some might buff damage but nerf the speed, etc.

-> Player predefined templates or customizable character creation process? yet without faces

If you got time - why not? Tongue

Also, skype me pls.

RE: Looking for opinions - massdriver - 06-08-2014

(06-08-2014, 03:33 PM)utrack Wrote: -> Add character skill sheet a la EVE or not? for sure much less time consuming, mostly to make player play from "lows" to "highs" instead of ololo capshup I BUY in 2 mins bikoz frend gave me monu

No

-> Split character and his ship to be independent in time and spaaaaaace? (eg you fly capship, switch to fighter and escape, another player can board capship and get it as full property)

Great idea. You might want to look @ X3 for the sample.

Server-side setting?

-> Multiple currency with convertion loss? (you would need specified currency to buy/sell services in each region of spaaaaaace/system)

Setting again

Sure, if it would be balanced - there shouldn't be the best mod. Some might buff damage but nerf the speed, etc.

-> Player predefined templates or customizable character creation process? yet without faces

If you got time - why not? Tongue

Also, skype me pls.

@Server-side setting?
full ship loss for sure and maybe with some penalties for character, or well another line in config, so yes

@Mod slots for gunz/equipment?
equipment will be balanced as full modded, then nerfed if no mods installed, this will ensure no op overclocked gunz

unique op equipment will be available through special fame bonus program