Discovery Gaming Community
The Core Recruitment - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: The Core Recruitment (/showthread.php?tid=116859)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: The Core Recruitment - The Core - 05-28-2018

// The Core is looking to recruit newer and less experienced players! If you are seeking either pvp, roleplay or want to make money, now is the time to join, as we are looking at planning several major projects and events in the near future. Rarely will you find yourself lacking something to do.

If you can't afford your own ships, be that transports or snubs, we have a plethora of shared ships that we are more than happy to give you access to upon joining. There are many possibilities for trading via APM, as well as the opportunity to mine ores.

For everyone else, the faction has recently overhauled its Ranking Structure, allowing for a much more streamlined and engaging Official Faction experience.

If you wish to join, please apply via the form in the OP.

RE: The Core Recruitment - Bordo - 06-09-2018

[Image: XF3OTNX.png]

InRP Form

Pilot Name:

Pilot Age:

Pilot Region, House or Location of Origin:

Planet Manhattan, New York System, Liberty.

Are You Applying for The Core Paramilitary, or our AP Manufacturing Sub-Divison?:

I'll be applying for AP Manufacturing today.

Previous Jobs/Roles/Experience:

I've held research posts at both Cryer and DSE, where I focused on goods storage and shipyard R&D respectively.

Detailed Background, One Paragraph or So (the more we can learn about you, the better):

Why do you want to join The Core/APM?:

I'm in the business of studying Xeno-archaeology and helping to develop system and subsystem platforms for mining and cargo vessels, gentlemen. Liberty and Rheinland research circles seem dead in the water these days, and I was hoping the Core would let me continue that work all the way out here. There are also a lot of systems with different reported asteroid elements that I'd like to study.

Recite Our Motto:

Pain is Temporary. Glory is Forever.

OoRP Form

How long have you been playing Freelancer Discovery for?:

A little over a month now.

Have you ever played a Core character before? Have you read the lore of The Core? Do you know what The Core is?:

I've read the Core Information Thread and that tutorial on how to RP a core character.

How familiar are you with the Edge Worlds?:

Familiar enough. I've explored the Omicrons, Taus and Sigmas with another account.

How would you rate your RP skills out of 10?:

8. I consider myself a substantial writer with close-to-RL human- characters.

How would you rate your PvP skills out of 10? What ship-types are you good in?:

3. I'm horrible with snubs, no prior experience with caps, and passable on gunboats.

Why do you want to join the The Core?:

One of your members came to me with an interesting proposition - technical fluff writing for credits. I couldn't say no.

Do you already own a Core ship? If yes, what ship(s) is it?:

Not yet.

What Country and/or Time Zone do you operate in?:

UTC + 0900 (Japan Standard Time)

What is your Discord ID (mandatory)?:

Bordeleauxreee#2037

What is your Skype (optional)?:

No allocated Skype account.

[Image: PhdZWOJ.png]

RE: The Core Recruitment - The Core - 06-11-2018

:::[INCOMING TRANSMISSION]:::
:::[ESTABLISHING VIDEO FEED]:::
:::[VIDEO FEED: LIVE]:::

»ID: The Core High Command
»Location: Durban Station, Omicron Rho
»Subject: Application
»ENCRYPTION: INVINCIBLE

Applicant Molitor,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted. Please make your way to Durban Station, where you will be briefed.

-The Core High Command, The Core

:::[CLOSING TRANSMISSION]:::

[Image: YIzA476.png]

RE: The Core Recruitment - Yazov - 06-18-2018

InRP Form

Pilot Name: Millie Militiades.

Pilot Age: 24 years old.

Pilot Region, House or Location of Origin: Bretonia Sovereign Space, planet Cambridge.

Are You Applying for The Core Paramilitary, or our AP Manufacturing Sub-Divison?:Core Paramilitary.

Previous Jobs/Roles/Experience: Bretonia Armed Forces junior officer, cadet.

Detailed Background, One Paragraph or So (the more we can learn about you, the better): Even through i have spent the recent years in Bretonia - i was born in the harsh Border Worlds, aboard of now perished Freeport Four, which was once the only habitated station in Magellan - and certainly a largest one in the system. Essentially, i have grown aboard the station, and my parents, in parallel with the frequently visiting us teacher, have been learning me the basics of mining - they have probably seen me following their steps, and digging through those rocks as they've been doing most of their lives. I was sorry to disappoint them, but i have had... another, more ambitious plans concerning my future. It was mine, and mine only, and it was for me to define what to do with it.

Following the desire of seeking a better purpose for myself, i have moved to Cambridge University, picking a Military Department there over everything else - back then, on the wake of the Gallic invasion, it seemed as a right choice to appoint myself to serve and protect Her Majesty, The Queen. I have graduated it in 823 A.S., in the rank of a lieutenant, immediately heading out to the front few days after. There i've seen enough. People i've been used to were dying, battles - lost and won, and they have inevitably pushed us back, insistive, knocking on our doorstep. I have convinced them to process my retirement request, considering the injures - both physical and psychological, suffered during the presence on the front, some time spent on Leeds resistance base. Upon being officially excluded from the Armed Forces, i have immediately departed to Omicrons, and stuck pretty much independent here, assisting the side i've chosen whenever i could. I suppose, it is time for me to finally pick a side.

Why do you want to join The Core/APM?: I have spent some time just loitering around in a smaller ships. Observing, studying, learning. Considering opportunities. And i would rather shot myself than enlist to those misguided fools of The Order, or turn myself into a toaster.

Recite Our Motto: Pain is Temporary, Glory is Forever.

OoRP Form

How long have you been playing Freelancer Discovery for?: Actively - since November 2017.

Have you ever played a Core character before? Have you read the lore of The Core? Do you know what The Core is?: Yes, have played the character before, but i am still studying the lore, only know the basics.

How familiar are you with the Edge Worlds?: Familiar enough not to get lost. Whatever i can't resolve myself - i can always check on interactive nav. map.

How would you rate your RP skills out of 10?: 8/10.

How would you rate your PvP skills out of 10? What ship-types are you good in?: 7/10. Snubs, Battleships, Battlecruisers.

Why do you want to join the The Core?: I've been messing around as an independent Core pilot for quite some time, so, basically, i suppose i was invited after the latest event in Delta.

Do you already own a Core ship? If yes, what ship(s) is it?: Yes. Marlin, Steelhead, Skipjack.

What Country and/or Time Zone do you operate in?: Russia, UTC +4.

What is your Discord ID (mandatory)?: Already on The Core discord.

What is your Skype (optional)?: live:honneytea94

RE: The Core Recruitment - The Core - 06-19-2018

Applicant Militiades,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted. Please make your way to Durban Station, where you will be briefed.

RE: The Core Recruitment - thisDerius - 06-22-2018

InRP Form

Pilot Name: John Darius Guerra

Pilot Age: 26

Pilot Region, House or Location of Origin: Bretonia/Liberty

Are You Applying for The Core Paramilitary, or our AP Manufacturing Sub-Divison?: Paramilitary

Previous Jobs/Roles/Experience:Was a high ranking naval officer.

Detailed Background, One Paragraph or So (the more we can learn about you, the better):

Darius was born on a small village on Erie a year before the nomad war, which his father participated in. He was always a calm child, never bothered to look somewhere he does not need to. When he was 10 years old, his father started teaching him how to fight, use weapons and at the age of 17 he was even thought how to kill. His father knew he had to teach him this in case he had to protect himself from any harm. In most activities he managed to get to the top of his classes. After graduating, and getting his flying licence he decided to go out to explore unknown space.

Several years past, Darius decided to join the Navy, to start working as a part of the secondary fleet. Not too long he met members of the 5th fleet who offered him to join their ranks. He accepted and started fighting for them, meeting new people every day and engaging in unique battles as each day passed. Little by little he got himself to the rank of the Captain and had his Liberty Assault Battle Cruiser assigned completely to him. The LNS-Silent.Claw became his pride and joy, a ship that would survive a thousand battles and so on.

After leaving the Navy, Darius disappeared and was not heard since until a few days ago when he decided to join The Core and fight for them. With skills in combat and anti-alien tactics he believes that he will be a good asset to The Core.

Why do you want to join The Core/APM?: I am here to kick ass and be something and I am too tired of the house systems to do something there for a living so I thought It would be a good idea to join The Core.

Recite Our Motto:Pain is temporary, glory is forever.

OoRP Form

How long have you been playing Freelancer Discovery for?: 3 Years

Have you ever played a Core character before? Have you read the lore of The Core? Do you know what The Core is?:Yes, Yes and Yes.

How familiar are you with the Edge Worlds?:I fly around there for quite a lot so I know.

How would you rate your RP skills out of 10?: 8

How would you rate your PvP skills out of 10? What ship-types are you good in?: 8 and I am flying snubs only.

Why do you want to join the The Core?:I was already in the core and it was fun the last time I was here. So might as well join again!

Do you already own a Core ship? If yes, what ship(s) is it?:I own a Marlin.

What Country and/or Time Zone do you operate in?: CEST - Croatian

What is your Discord ID (mandatory)?: Munchie#5505

What is your Skype (optional)?:

RE: The Core Recruitment - The Core - 06-22-2018

Applicant Guerra,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted. Please make your way to the nearest recruitment centre, where you will be briefed.

RE: The Core Recruitment - Shinju - 07-05-2018

InRP Form

Pilot Name: Lucia Nielsen

Pilot Age: 28

Pilot Region, House or Location of Origin: The Republic of Liberty

Are You Applying for The Core Paramilitary, or our AP Manufacturing Sub-Divison?: The Core Paramilitary.

Previous Jobs/Roles/Experience: The Core Guildmistress.

Detailed Background, One Paragraph or So (the more we can learn about you, the better): Do I really have to? Used to serve in The Core few years ago, got my way up to Guildkeeper an then after disappearance of Guildmaster Corke I took the chains of command over forces of The Core Paramilitary. Later I pursued better relationships with all agencies in the Sirius sector when I heard somebody took the lead instead of me. So I roamed around Liberty for some time and I am ready to get back into action.

Why do you want to join The Core?: To obtain a glory once again, after betrayal of now dead person.

Recite Our Motto: Dolor transit, gloria aeterna est.

OoRP Form

How long have you been playing Freelancer Discovery for?: 9 Years

Have you ever played a Core character before? Have you read the lore of The Core? Do you know what The Core is?: I used to lead BHG|Core ((:

How familiar are you with the Edge Worlds?: Quite familiar, read above.

How would you rate your RP skills out of 10?: 8

How would you rate your PvP skills out of 10? What ship-types are you good in?: 8 - Bombers, 8 - BC/BS, 6 - VHF

Why do you want to join the The Core?: Core|One has to be a thing

Do you already own a Core ship? If yes, what ship(s) is it?: I don't yet

What Country and/or Time Zone do you operate in?: Czechia, GMT+2:00

What is your Discord ID (mandatory)?: RandomPerson#8073

What is your Skype (optional)?: N/A

RE: The Core Recruitment - Eris - 07-06-2018

InRP Form

Pilot Name: Mary Kate Albey

Pilot Age: 24

Pilot Region, House or Location of Origin: Liberty, Texas, Planet Houston

Are You Applying for The Core Paramilitary, or our AP Manufacturing Sub-Divison?: The Core Paramilitary.

Previous Jobs/Roles/Experience: Liberty Navy First Fleet and Harmony Battlegroup Lieutenant

Detailed Background, One Paragraph or So (the more we can learn about you, the better): Liberty Navy wasn't cutting it like their brains weren't cut out for the job, so I joined Harmony. Thing is, Harmony is worse. Infected, and a whole down terrorist group. I got to think that they only exist to destabilize Liberty. And since my daddy always said to go for the jugular, here I am. Managed to score a fake death and I'm willin' to kill some squids to stop them outright.

Why do you want to join The Core?: To paint my ship blue in squid blood.

Recite Our Motto: Dolor transit, gloria aeterna est.

OoRP Form

How long have you been playing Freelancer Discovery for?: 9 years, almost 10.

Have you ever played a Core character before? Have you read the lore of The Core? Do you know what The Core is?: Yes.

How familiar are you with the Edge Worlds?: I know all the holes.

How would you rate your RP skills out of 10?: 5

How would you rate your PvP skills out of 10? What ship-types are you good in?: 2 - Bombers, 2 - VHF

Why do you want to join the The Core?: Because I am already in it.

Do you already own a Core ship? If yes, what ship(s) is it?: Yes. Snubs.

What Country and/or Time Zone do you operate in?: GMT 0

What is your Discord ID (mandatory)?: N/A

What is your Skype (optional)?: N/A

RE: The Core Recruitment - The Core - 07-10-2018

Applicant Mary Kate Albey, Applicant Lucia Nielsen,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted. Please make your way to the nearest recruitment centre, where you will be briefed.