Discovery Gaming Community
The Core Recruitment - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: The Core Recruitment (/showthread.php?tid=116859)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: The Core Recruitment - SnakeLancerHaven - 11-27-2018

[Image: XF3OTNX.png]

[Image: 1267lud.jpg]

InRP Form

Pilot Name: Samantha Hale

Pilot Age: 25

Pilot Region, House or Location of Origin: Liberty

Are You Applying for The Core Paramilitary, or our AP Manufacturing Sub-Divison?: Core Paramilitary

Previous Jobs/Roles/Experience: Bounty Hunter in the Guild. Previously affiliated with the abandoned Sirius Star Federation.

Detailed Background, One Paragraph or So (the more we can learn about you, the better): I was born on Planet Los Angeles in the California System. My mother died after birth. My dad went missing in a recon mission, he served the LSF. I myself back then decided to join the Navy, that one day I might see him again, to make him proud. Life was harsh as I was a little suspicious about my future in the Navy. That day I couldn't hold it longer and that life wasn't the life I wanted. I left the Navy. Decided to become a Freelance Bounty Hunter, suited my life better. More action and under noones command. I crossed paths with the Core many times before, I was even a part of the Core under the command of Newton Holt and Nodviet

Why do you want to join The Core/APM?: I've lived out my life as an independant Hunter, it's time I join back a more organized group against threats like the Nomads which our House Enforcers fail to provide.

Recite Our Motto: Pain is temporary, glory is forever.

OoRP Form

How long have you been playing Freelancer Discovery for?: 10 Years.

Have you ever played a Core character before? Have you read the lore of The Core? Do you know what The Core is?: Yes, I have and this Character was the one I RPed in.

How familiar are you with the Edge Worlds?: Very familiar. I was part in alot of factions in Omicrons.

How would you rate your RP skills out of 10?: 7

How would you rate your PvP skills out of 10? What ship-types are you good in?: 7

Why do you want to join the The Core?: Because I love it and I used to run a faction back then, a secondary one that operated in the Omegas so I have a little bit of nostalgia.

Do you already own a Core ship? If yes, what ship(s) is it?: No. Have 2 Chars maybe, but enough to get a Snub.

What Country and/or Time Zone do you operate in?: CET, Switzerland

What is your Discord ID (mandatory)?: SnakeLancerGame#6503

What is your Skype (optional)?: Don't use skype anymore.

[Image: PhdZWOJ.png]

RE: The Core Recruitment - Piombo65 - 12-03-2018

:::[INCOMING TRANSMISSION]:::
:::[ESTABLISHING VIDEO FEED]:::
:::[VIDEO FEED: LIVE]:::

»ID: Augustus Henry
»Location: Planet Nauru, Omicron Delta
»Subject: Re: Recruitment
»ENCRYPTION: INVINCIBLE

Samantha Hale,

Your recruitment request is acceptable and you've been accepted. Please reach the nearest recruitment center.

-Augustus Henry
Guildkeeper, The Core

:::[CLOSING TRANSMISSION]:::

[Image: YIzA476.png]

RE: The Core Recruitment - nevrozac - 12-17-2018

[Image: mAakA2i.jpg]

InRP Form

Pilot Name: Nathaniel Zac

Pilot Age: 34

Pilot Region, House or Location of Origin: Bretonia

Are You Applying for The Core Paramilitary, or our AP Manufacturing Sub-Divison?: Core Paramilitary

Previous Jobs/Roles/Experience: Transport for Plantetform INC and BMM / Spy and mercenary for the BIS

Detailed Background, One Paragraph or So (the more we can learn about you, the better): Born and raised in Leeds, Glasgow outpost where I was surrounded by mining and manufacturing careers and industry. I hated it. Growing up was boring but rough feeling trapped in the small world of Leeds. Being at the border wouldn't help either; the next system over was busy with the same thing. I would take every chance I got to take a trip elsewhere, so at the age of 19 after learning how to pilot a maneuver freighters I would take transportation jobs with Planetform INC and BMM. I would get to go as far Hudson, California, Omega-49. Sure it was just a corner of Sirius but I would get to meet people from everywhere on the stations I visited. I would get to hear stories and learn all about Sirius, and I would get to make friends. I was a likeable guy back then, so I befriended a few bounty hunters that would ask me to take certain delivery tasks so I could give them info about potential high-value targets it would be easier for me to get closer to, and so I did. In return they would pay me a percentage of their earnings and show me where are and how to travel through the various jumpholes in the systems we visited. This went on till I turned 23. At this point I felt protected by the many friends of the BHG wherever I went. I knew all about piracy, bounties, people skills and especially trading. I would think that my future will be at some point working AP or in any way with the BHG, but in 816 A.S. I was approached by a member of the BIS: he offered me a job as a spy and mercenary in return for the esteemed training of piloting the "Challenger" bomber and later the "Crecy" destroyer. I went far into the border worlds gathering intel and sources as well as participating in assaults against the Nomads. Things went on for 9 years, until Gallian forces invaded. My lead command perished in an attack from the inside, my home system and station was either under the invaders dominance or burned down. Everything was falling apart in Bretonia and I felt like there is no place left for me in it, so I left and I didn't look back. I reached out my old friends on the BHG, but they changed; they no longer hunted down criminals for some scrap, they joined a different kind of force - The Core. They told me all about it, well obviously not quite everything, but all there was public and a bit more of their history I got to learn. I was excited about it as if I were 19 again starting to pilot freighters. They were power hungry and greedy, holding the banner of triumph, and I wanted in. I wanted to use my skills to benefit me for once, therefor they got me a visa to Omicron Rho where they are stationed, so now I'm here, awaiting approval.

Why do you want to join The Core/APM?: I want to be part of a new empire that dominates its corner of the world and even more after, I want the power it comes with the title, I want to put to use everything I've learnt over the last 15 years of exploring the other end of Sirius.

Recite Our Motto: Pain is temporary, glory is forever.

OoRP Form

How long have you been playing Freelancer Discovery for?: probably around a year over the years. I tend to play for a few months at a time unless theres something keeping me to it

Have you ever played a Core character before? Have you read the lore of The Core? Do you know what The Core is?: *I have played, or at least tried to play a Core independently * I've read it but didnt go through every detail *I know what the Core is, what it started as, and how it got there

How familiar are you with the Edge Worlds?: I've been exploring them quite alot lately. I can easily find my way in the omicrons and omegas

How would you rate your RP skills out of 10?: i'd like to think it as an 8 but it's hard to self estimate when so few people on this server try to actually rp nowadays and they just cruise whenever they see someone or log off

How would you rate your PvP skills out of 10? What ship-types are you good in?: i used to be decent at this game but it's been some time so i'd say a 7. i used to play very heavy fighters alot but i feel like getting into cruisers

Why do you want to join the The Core?: i like the concept of it, the location and incentive given to players to come near its territories, and it also fits my style and attitude towards non faction players

Do you already own a Core ship? If yes, what ship(s) is it?: i'm currently using the core gunship

What Country and/or Time Zone do you operate in?: UK/UTC+00

What is your Discord ID (mandatory)?: NEVRO#9369

What is your Skype (optional)?: what year is it

RE: The Core Recruitment - Kiny0 - 12-23-2018

InRP Form

Pilot Name:
Greg' Collins.

Pilot Age:

Pilot Region, House or Location of Origin:
Omegas, Solarius.

Are You Applying for The Core Paramilitary, or our AP Manufacturing Sub-Division?:
AP Manufacturing.

Previous Jobs/Roles/Experience:
Trader of opportunity in the Border and Edge Worlds, operating on his own. (//Freelancer)

Detailed Background, One Paragraph or So (the more we can learn about you, the better):
Hi, my name is Gregory Collins. I am born in Rheinland, but spent most of my early life on Solarius Station, a spacer at heart. As a lot of people from Solarius, I have worked as a diamond hauler for Daumann through several long lasting contracts for a few years. I never liked going to Rheinland or Liberty. House space is so different from what I'm used to, you know. So one day, I stopped taking contracts for Daumann, and started looking for employers that did not take me to house space. So I started working for Zoners, remote mining facilities, research groups such as Cryer or independent stations, mostly running supplies from station to station.

Now, I feel like I do not have a purpose. I'm just roaming around aimlessly, just to make profit where profit is. Maybe that's what you call mid-life crisis, but I feel like I need to stop freelancing and get something more stable. So I've looked for shipping companies in the border worlds. Of course, there is OSI, but these guys are Zoners and I do not really relate to them and their way of life. Well, I do, but not for the same reasons. This is why I am sending you this application form, because I believe your AP Manufacturing division would suit me quite well.

In some of my runs into the deeper Omicrons and Omegas,I have encountered many infected ships. Even though I've never seen one for myself, I am fully aware about the Slomon K'hara threat. If I could help -even a bit- in the defence of the Omicrons, I would feel like I'd have accomplished something.

Why do you want to join The Core/APM?:
I feel like being part of a real organization would be uplifting, and a great opportunity.

Recite Our Motto:
DOLOR TRANSIT, GLORIA AETERNA EST.

OoRP Form

How long have you been playing Freelancer Discovery for?:
Since the very end of 4.86, although I've had some months-long breaks so there are some things that I might have missed.

Have you ever played a Core character before? Have you read the lore of The Core? Do you know what The Core is?:
I have read the wiki page, the official description in the forums, as well as some research projects. I believe I've got a pretty good grasp over what it is. I only have a core transport that I made a few days ago, but my char did not meet a lot of people so far.

How familiar are you with the Edge Worlds?:
I know the Omegas and the Sigmas pretty well, and the Omicrons controlled by humans. I've never been to the Nomad Worlds however.

How would you rate your RP skills out of 10?:
I'd say 7-8, but I'm sometimes prone to make lore mistakes.

How would you rate your PvP skills out of 10? What ship-types are you good in?:
I don't have much experience in PvP in any ship class except from bombers and transports. I'm trying to learn to play battleships at the moment.

Why do you want to join the The Core?:
I want to play in the omicrons with some serious RP. I was not able to get what I wanted to do with a freelancer id. It offers many possibilities, but also many restrictions. I enjoy group-based RP, and I think the Core could be the faction that suits me.

Do you already own a Core ship? If yes, what ship(s) is it?:
Bison, battle transport.

What Country and/or Time Zone do you operate in?:
France, UTC+1.

What is your Discord ID (mandatory)?:
Kiny0#8489

RE: The Core Recruitment - Piombo65 - 12-25-2018

»Location: Planet Nauru, Omicron Delta
»Subject: Re: Recruitment

"NEVROZAC", Greg' Collins.

Your recruitment requests are acceptable and you've been accepted. Please reach the nearest recruitment center.

-Augustus Henry
Guildkeeper, The Core

RE: The Core Recruitment - Docent - 02-15-2019

InRP Form
[Image: bvy8i9lt.jpg]
Pilot Name: Aurilius Goodfortune

Pilot Age: 41

Pilot Region, House or Location of Origin: Rheinland

Are You Applying for The Core Paramilitary, or our AP Manufacturing Sub-Divison?: AP Manufacturing

Previous Jobs/Roles/Experience: 6 years of higher education at New Berlin Institute for Spacefaring; 5 year internship with Republican Shipping; 4 years XO with an independant merchant company; 6 years star captain with OSC

Detailed Background, One Paragraph or So (the more we can learn about you, the better): My name is Aurilius Goodfortune, Rheinland educated astrogator with 15 years lenght of active service, currently star captain with OSC.

I graduated at the New Berlin Institute for Spacefaring as Valedictorian of my year, then immediately interned at Die Republikanische Großspedition for 5 years earning my bars. I'm hence certified with the patent to command haulers and liners up to 4300CU, recognized by all major houses of Sirius, with the exception of Galia.
For the next 4 years I was engaged with an independent merchant company out of Bretonia as XO on a long haul transport up to the point when a command opportunity at OSC opened up. Ever since I've been ferrying passengers throughout the sector, transferring in-between vessels every two years.

AP Manufacturing has developed a reputation amongst the populous for its exceptional technological prowess. To my adventurous spirit this, along with the air of being the vanguard of deep space exploration, provides a tempting prospect. Since your company is hiring, I am inclined to leave the comfort of my current employer for the sake of a greater cause.

Why do you want to join The Core/APM?: I'm the kind of best qualified astrogators a corporate state such as yours can hope for. I offer to trade my experience, integrity and mastery of craft for a generous paycheck, privilege of residence at Athena City and the opportunity to explore the final frontier.

Recite Our Motto: Dolor transit, gloria aeterna est.

OoRP Form

How long have you been playing Freelancer Discovery for?: since 2015, had a break recently though

Have you ever played a Core character before? Have you read the lore of The Core? Do you know what The Core is?: I was HC in Core back in the time when Chuba was 1ic and outlived several 1ic's that came after Wink the character was Martin McKinsey, CEO of APM, who's now out of the frame

How familiar are you with the Edge Worlds?: Perfectly

How would you rate your RP skills out of 10?: 8 - there's always room for improvement

How would you rate your PvP skills out of 10? What ship-types are you good in?: back in the day 6, but I'm rusty comming back just now; I flew pretty much any class, weapon of choice would be a LF

Why do you want to join the The Core?: I missed you guys Smile I'm not comming back for my old chair though, but starting anew. I won't be going for HC either since the time I can invest in the game is very limited at present. If you'd be ok with having an old APM veteran as casual player waeving the banner every now and then, I'd be happy to be that guy. I may not be on a lot, but when I am, I'm bringing my A-game.

Do you already own a Core ship? If yes, what ship(s) is it?: currently not anymore, but that's a question of a few minutes setting up one. Also, I'd like to get hold of my old Wahoo if you still have it (the Sagittarius is yours to keep though, I'm donating it as the APM Flagship)

What Country and/or Time Zone do you operate in?: Poland, UTC+1

What is your Discord ID (mandatory)?: TheDocent#1182

What is your Skype (optional)?: I wouldn't bother anymore

RE: The Core Recruitment - Implosion - 02-15-2019

[Image: discojack.gif]

Incoming Video Feed
Source: APM Flagship Sagittarius, Omega-55
Comm ID: Jack Daniels
Encryption: B.S.S. Ver 8.9 Rev.2
APM ID Confirmed, message decrypted.
Displaying Contents

Aurilius Goodfortune, you application has been accepted. Welcome to APM.
~Yours Truly, Jack Daniels, Director of the APM and STILL the most hated person in the Omicrons.

Video Feed Lost
Terminating Connection

RE: The Core Recruitment - Chronicron - 03-13-2019

Reinstatement Request - Tricia Reyes

Pilot Name: Tricia Reyes

Pilot Age: 31

Pilot Region, House or Location of Origin: Bretonia, New London System, Planet New London

Are You Applying for The Core Paramilitary, or our AP Manufacturing Sub-Divison?: The Core Paramilitary

Previous Jobs/Roles/Experience: BAF Reserve, Mercenary, The Core Reserve and Paramility (Paladin)

Detailed Background, One Paragraph or So (the more we can learn about you, the better): The Core already knows who I am. But to refresh the memory: born on New London in a "rich" military family, mother was a cretan refugee who died by giving birth so I never knew her and my father died in one of the Leeds assaults, so when I found out about it I went on a carnage spree - killed not only militarists, but civilians and merchants aswell, for what I got booted out of the Armed Forces. Was a merc for a while, joined the Core Primary fleet and... Things gone better and worse at the same time.

The internall mess between the heads of the Core was not something I looked forward to so I resigned, because I didn't knew who to trust.

Why do you want to join The Core/APM?: Nostalgia, I think. Have nothing to do and I'm not of those who like the stagnation. On the other side, situation in the heads looks fine to me, so at least the matter of trust shouldn't be a bother.

Recite Our Motto: Dolar transit, gloria aeterna est.

OoRP Form

How long have you been playing Freelancer Discovery for?: Enough to regret playing it and keep playing nonetheless because there's no alternatives. (6 years or so)

Have you ever played a Core character before? Have you read the lore of The Core? Do you know what The Core is?: Yes, yes and yes.

How familiar are you with the Edge Worlds?: I am the Edge Worlds.

How would you rate your RP skills out of 10?: Trash (8/10)

How would you rate your PvP skills out of 10? What ship-types are you good in?: Light Fighters - 9/10; Heavy Fighters - 7/10; VHFs - 7/10; Gunboats - wtf/10; Cruisers - 10/10; Battlecruisers - wtf/10; Battleships - 7/10

Why do you want to join the The Core?: To fly around and smack faces. What else would we do really?

Do you already own a Core ship? If yes, what ship(s) is it?: A sabre and a bomber, can easily farm for any other ships np

What Country and/or Time Zone do you operate in?:GMT+3:00

What is your Discord ID (mandatory)?:HandOverTheArtifact#5731

What is your Skype (optional)?:

RE: The Core Recruitment - Piombo65 - 03-14-2019

»Location: Durban Station, Omicron Rho
»Subject: RE: Reinstatement Request - Tricia Reyes

Tricia Reyes,

Welcome back to the Core primary fleet. Your old personal assets are now re-available for you. Please consider the fact that you can't take the primary fleet membership so easily. You took an oath and you should commit to keep it! Next time, please find a real reason to leave the mighty imperial fleet, like being lost in uncharted systems or being killed (Incredibly) by some sub-human.

-Augustus Henry
Guildkeeper, The Core

RE: The Core Recruitment - Swifty - 03-15-2019

InRP Form

Pilot Name:Samuel Carter

Pilot Age:32

Pilot Region, House or Location of Origin:Planet Los Angeles, California, Liberty.

Are You Applying for The Core Paramilitary, or our AP Manufacturing Sub-Divison?:The Core Paramilitary

Previous Jobs/Roles/Experience:Mercenary, Freelancer

Detailed Background, One Paragraph or So (the more we can learn about you, the better):Not much to say. The Core certainly knows who and what i am as i have fought within their ranks before under the leadership of Erik Nodtviet. I had to step out and return to House space to deal with some personal business. I humbly return to a place i called home for a while, because it is where i belong.

Why do you want to join The Core/APM?:Honor and because they have the most reliable force currently within the Nomad World and Omegas.

Recite Our Motto:Pain is temporary, glory is forever.

OoRP Form

How long have you been playing Freelancer Discovery for?:Too many years.

Have you ever played a Core character before? Have you read the lore of The Core? Do you know what The Core is?:Yes.

How familiar are you with the Edge Worlds?:11/10

How would you rate your RP skills out of 10?:10/10 best roleplayer

How would you rate your PvP skills out of 10? What ship-types are you good in?:I cant pvp, im bad.

Why do you want to join the The Core?:because i like fancy tags

Do you already own a Core ship? If yes, what ship(s) is it?:Merlin supreme

What Country and/or Time Zone do you operate in?:Spanish. Timezone is irrelevant.

What is your Discord ID (mandatory)?:Lyth has it.

What is your Skype (optional)?:i dont use it anymore