Discovery Gaming Community
The Core Recruitment - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: The Core Recruitment (/showthread.php?tid=116859)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: The Core Recruitment - Piombo65 - 03-15-2019

:::[INCOMING TRANSMISSION]:::
:::[ESTABLISHING VIDEO FEED]:::
:::[VIDEO FEED: LIVE]:::

»ID: Augustus Henry
»Location: Durban Station, Omicron Rho
»Subject: Application
»ENCRYPTION: INVINCIBLE

Samuel Carter,

We reviewed your application and we accepted it. Welcome the Core primary fleet. Please, go to Durban Station, Omicron Rho for the oath process.

-Augustus Henry
Guildkeeper, The Core

:::[CLOSING TRANSMISSION]:::

[Image: YIzA476.png]

RE: The Core Recruitment - Domino.Harvy - 03-15-2019

[Image: XF3OTNX.png]

InRP Form

Pilot Name: Domino Harvy

Pilot Age: 28

Pilot Region, House or Location of Origin: Liberty, Planet Los Angeles

Are You Applying for The Core Paramilitary, or our AP Manufacturing Sub-Divison?: The Core Paramilitary

Previous Jobs/Roles/Experience: Ex- Core Mid Command, Paladin rank

Detailed Background, One Paragraph or So (the more we can learn about you, the better):
Three months passed after the incident with me on one of the roads of Athenia... This time was a reason to think about who we are and what or whom we want to see in the future.
The tunic of the paladin who was on the chair next to my bed all this time did not let me forget about the reason for which we fought, over our heads.
Last night I received an answer from H+ clinic and they reported that prostheses for me is ready, and waiting for my arrival at the clinic to upgrade my body.

Why do you want to join The Core/APM?:
Taking this opportunity and the information I have presented above, I would like to put forward my candidacy for the right to wear a uniform, piloting again our deadly technology and perhaps restore to the rank of Paladin.
Doctors claim that it will take some time to adapt the body and technology, and I would be happy to spend this time with benefit for myself and new Core| recruits in training battles, but I am afraid that it will be too tough for me to fly up into a real battle from the first days.

Recite Our Motto:
"Dolor Transit, Gloria Aeterna Est"!

OoRP Form

How long have you been playing Freelancer Discovery for?:
2+ years witout breaks. Before playing around 5-6 years ago with friends.

Have you ever played a Core character before? Have you read the lore of The Core? Do you know what The Core is?:
Yes, yes, and yes

How familiar are you with the Edge Worlds?: Good.

How would you rate your RP skills out of 10?: 6/10 It takes a little time to get into the mainstream of events after the break.

How would you rate your PvP skills out of 10? What ship-types are you good in?:
Every class, also need some time to warm up

Why do you want to join the The Core?:
After break i noticed some changes in Mod and in Core|, thats woke up my interest to game again.

Do you already own a Core ship? If yes, what ship(s) is it?:
-

What Country and/or Time Zone do you operate in?: Ukraine, Kyiv GMT+3

What is your Skype?:

Finally, what is your Discord ID?:

[Image: PhdZWOJ.png]

RE: The Core Recruitment - Implosion - 03-15-2019

Incoming Video Feed
Source: Battleship Ehrgeiz
Comm ID: "Scar"
Encryption: B.S.S. Ver 6.0
Core ID Confirmed, message decrypted.
Displaying Contents

Mr. Harvy, consider yourself reinstated.
~Jessica Scarlet, Guildkeeper of the Core .

Video Feed Lost
Terminating Connection

RE: The Core Recruitment - TheOneUnknown - 04-01-2019

InRP Form

Pilot Name: Razlowe Ortiz

Pilot Age: 28

Pilot Region, House or Location of Origin: Tripoli Shipyard

Are You Applying for The Core Paramilitary, or our AP Manufacturing Sub-Divison?: Paramilitary

Previous Jobs/Roles/Experience: Freelance trader, opportunistic scavenger and cartographer.

Detailed Background, One Paragraph or So (the more we can learn about you, the better): My family were refugees that wound up settling on Tripoli when I was young. When I was old enough, I started working on the docks ejecting and sorting scrap until I had saved enough to buy a small ship. I started to make a modest amount of money looting the leftovers of raided transports and looking for wrecks in various debris fields. Eventually I was able to afford a bribe to gain access to a mostly clear Freelancer ID for my ship. I picked up a small civilian transport soon after and started making moderately risky trade runs through the Omega systems.
Why do you want to join The Core/APM?: I always harbored a resentment towards to the Corsair pirates that brought so much hardship down on my family. I want to take a more active hand in bettering the human race, no matter what form that takes.

Recite Our Motto: DOLOR TRANSIT, GLORIA AETERNA EST

OoRP Form

How long have you been playing Freelancer Discovery for?: A few weeks, I have over a decade of experience in Vanilla.

Have you ever played a Core character before? Have you read the lore of The Core? Do you know what The Core is?: No, Some of it, Yes.

How familiar are you with the Edge Worlds?: Very familiar in Vanilla, less familiar in Discovery but capable of reading a Nav Map.

How would you rate your RP skills out of 10?: 6/7

How would you rate your PvP skills out of 10? What ship-types are you good in?: I would say 8 but I am not extremely experienced in PVP combat so I can't give an accurate estimation here. I plan on playing a VHF but I would be willing to learn a gunboat or bomber.

Why do you want to join the The Core?: The borderworlds have always been the most interesting parts of Freelancer and fighting to obtain the best weaponry has always been a passion of mine as well. Solo playing can also get pretty monotonous. The Core fufills all of these purposes.

Do you already own a Core ship? If yes, what ship(s) is it?: No

What Country and/or Time Zone do you operate in?: USA Central

What is your Discord ID (mandatory)?: Unknownpower#9084

RE: The Core Recruitment - The Core - 05-06-2019

»ID: The Core High Command

Razlowe Ortiz,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted. Please make your way to Durban Station, where you will be briefed and given access to fitted fighter craft and transport vessels. Be advised that there is a wide selection of transports available and you can captain whichever you like, on the condition that you like Bison.

-The Core High Command, The Core

RE: The Core Recruitment - Catbert - 05-14-2019

Unlike normal applications, this dossier reaches the Core through another channel, the information inside being available at the receiver's discretion.

InRP Form

Pilot Name: Ashley Sunderland

Pilot Age: 32 (born 794 A.S.)

Pilot Region, House or Location of Origin: Planet Houston, Texas, Liberty

Are You Applying for The Core Paramilitary, or our AP Manufacturing Sub-Divison?: Core Paramilitary

Previous Jobs/Roles/Experience: Sergeant (Liberty Marine Corps), agent (Liberty Security Force), risk analysis subcontractor (Interspace Commerce)

Detailed Background, One Paragraph or So (the more we can learn about you, the better): Standard story: born on Houston to a family with proud tradition of military service. Joined the Marine Corps to serve my House. Apparently they saw some potential in me and suggested I enrolled in space flight training program. I heeded the advice, and my piloting skills were deemed sufficient. That made me versatile enough to join the LSF, where I served until my former Director asked for my help with the Omicron business.

Why do you want to join The Core/APM?: Mainly because of the request of Joseph Dawson to "evaluate potential risks to Interspace Commerce investments in the Omicrons". The best way to do it is get involved in day-to-day operations in the Omicrons and see first-hand how things work around here. The displayed affiliation with the Core is necessary to keep Interspace's involvement and interests hidden for now.

I know it's going to become a pretty long-term mission, and I'm prepared for it. This job will also allow me to indirectly protect Liberty from the likes of the Order and the Nomads. I consider that a bonus.

Recite Our Motto: Dolor transit, gloria aeterna est.

OoRP Form

How long have you been playing Freelancer Discovery for?: Since 2010.

Have you ever played a Core character before? Have you read the lore of The Core? Do you know what The Core is?: I've never played a Core character. I only read parts of the lore; I think it will be best for immersion if the character learns some things first-hand. What I've read over the years (and recently) is enough to grasp the basics and provide quality RP.

How familiar are you with the Edge Worlds?: Played as the Order since 2010, so should be familiar enough. Had Outcast and Corsair characters from time to time, though they didn't see too much action in comparison. Things have changed over time, and I haven't visited some of the new/revamped systems yet. But that's nothing I can't handle.

How would you rate your RP skills out of 10?: 8

How would you rate your PvP skills out of 10? What ship-types are you good in?: 6 or 7. I primarily fly fighters, and only recently started using gunboats.

Why do you want to join the The Core?: The Core seems like the best place to look at the Omicrons from another angle and further develop the character's story.

Do you already own a Core ship? If yes, what ship(s) is it?: A Lich with Core guns. Might swap it for something civilian to keep in line with the story of an Interspace observer. Though I kind of like the Lich, and I think Ash would love it too.

What Country and/or Time Zone do you operate in?: GMT +4

What is your Discord ID (mandatory)?: Lightstrain#4667

What is your Skype (optional)?: I no longer use it for Freelancer. (Almost) everyone has moved to Discord anyway.

RE: The Core Recruitment - Dank Vader - 05-18-2019

InRP Form

Pilot Name: Tom (Thomas) Morrison

Pilot Age: 35

Pilot Region, House or Location of Origin: Rheinland, Planet Stuttgart

Are You Applying for The Core Paramilitary, or our AP Manufacturing Sub-Divison?: The Core Paramilitary

Previous Jobs/Roles/Experience: The Bounty Hunters Guild

Detailed Background, One Paragraph or So (the more we can learn about you, the better): I knew for a long time that I wanted to be a military pilot. I got a chance in getting into the bounty hunters guild, and so I did. I had a very good experience at the beginning, hunting around the rheinland space as well as the neighboring omega systems (e.g. omega-7). Though, I remember when things in the rheinland space started to become very weird. Major shakeups in the military ranks. But there was another thing: colleagues of mine started disappearing under weird conditions. Things were being told about the remote omega systems, and strange artifacts that were found there. Me, being keen to explore the remote systems nobody had ever set foot on, found a way, sooner or later, to get into the bounty hunter task force that was operating the omega-41 system, and was also patrolling in the omicron theta and omicron gamma systems. We'd encountered rheinland military ships of all things. The ones that were supposed to protect the peace of innocent people. Then I was told that those aren't usual military pilots, and that they were infected by an alien species. During our hunting, we were gradually unfolding the whole thing. We needed to do more than bounty hunting in order to eliminate those "nomads". We needed to explore the systems they were in, so we can learn more about them, and then take the war to them.

Long story short, I may have found something greater than the bounty hunters guild (that was even originated from it), something that not only is able to eliminate the foreign enemy that I started seeing during my explorations with colleagues at the omega and omicron systems, but also making sirius a better place for us humans to be. Former colleagues of mine have joined in, so I might as well do so myself.

Why do you want to join The Core/APM?: I believe they have the means to take the war against those that threatened our very existence, and furthermore, they strive for a better future for the human kind, and I'm willing to help in any way I can to make this happen.

Recite Our Motto: "Dolor transit, Gloria aeterna est!"

OoRP Form

How long have you been playing Freelancer Discovery for?: About 7 - 8 months as far discovery itself goes, but I have a long experience from vanilla too (playing vanilla from 2009 - 2014; came back to it when I joined in discovery).

Have you ever played a Core character before? Have you read the lore of The Core? Do you know what The Core is?: No (unless "indies" count), yes, and yes.

How familiar are you with the Edge Worlds?: Not much (things are different in discovery) but I believe I can learn quickly.

How would you rate your RP skills out of 10?: Uh.....4?

How would you rate your PvP skills out of 10? What ship-types are you good in?: 5,5 on a good day, preferring to fly fighters and bombers, but open to other types of ships as well.

Why do you want to join the The Core?: They're kind of a unique faction. They're not "the good guys", but not "the bad ones" either. They're both and none at the same time, which makes for an interesting result. I've also found myself playing a lot with the core faction over the time I've been in discovery.

Do you already own a Core ship? If yes, what ship(s) is it?: Yes. I have a couple of bombers and very heavy fighters.

What Country and/or Time Zone do you operate in?: Southern Europe, GMT +2

What is your Discord ID (mandatory)?: GAIVS TROLLIVS #3167

What is your Skype (optional)?: No. Just no.

RE: The Core Recruitment - Implosion - 05-22-2019

»ID: The Core High Command

Razlowe Ortiz,

We are pleased to inform you both that you have been accepted. Please make your way to Durban Station.

-The Core High Command, The Core

RE: The Core Recruitment - Runda20 - 06-04-2019

InRP Form

Pilot Name: Roberto Diaz

Pilot Age: 26

Pilot Region, House or Location of Origin: Mecklenburg Station

Are You Applying for The Core Paramilitary, or our AP Manufacturing Sub-Divison?: Paramilitary

Previous Jobs/Roles/Experience: Freelancer

Detailed Background, One Paragraph or So (the more we can learn about you, the better): I was born to a spacer family, my father being moved around constantly from station to station for work, so I never got settled in anywhere while I was young. At the age of 20, while my family was stationed on Mecklenburg, I made some real friends who flew security for Rheinland Military in the system, they peaked my interest in flying and being a fighter pilot, and so I did. I landed a job flying with a local group doing patrols and security for all sorts of things. After dealing with all sorts of pirates for the last 6 years, I have decided I want to move on and find some more steady work.

Why do you want to join The Core/APM?: The Core is a strong, influential and life changing organization that I can see a promising future with.

Recite Our Motto: Dolor Transit, Gloria Aeterna Est!

OoRP Form

How long have you been playing Freelancer Discovery for?: Returned a few weeks ago.

Have you ever played a Core character before? Have you read the lore of The Core? Do you know what The Core is?: I have no played a Core character before, I have read the lore and know what the core is.

How familiar are you with the Edge Worlds?: Fairly

How would you rate your RP skills out of 10?: 6, I can play the part once I learn the part.

How would you rate your PvP skills out of 10? What ship-types are you good in?: 7, mainly VHF and bombers, I would like to learn more.

Why do you want to join the The Core?: PvP, RP, and its a new playstyle from what I did previously

Do you already own a Core ship? If yes, what ship(s) is it?: No. I can get one quickly.

What Country and/or Time Zone do you operate in?: United States, MST.

What is your Discord ID (mandatory)?: Runda#1200

What is your Skype (optional)?:

RE: The Core Recruitment - Snot0ssie - 08-03-2019

InRP Form

Pilot Name:Sno0ssie

Pilot Age:Unknown

Pilot Region, House or Location of Origin: Planet Gammu

Are You Applying for The Core Paramilitary, or our AP Manufacturing Sub-Divison? Core Paramilitary:

Previous Jobs/Roles/Experience:Trading Between Outer Worlds on behalf of the Zoners

Detailed Background, One Paragraph or So (the more we can learn about you, the better): I was born on P{lanet Gammu, Who my partents were or how I came in to being is unkown to me, all I recall is one day opening my eyes, immered in a liquid and having a pair of machine eyes staring at me. But as I was not a machine, I was mereley tolerated and was eventually traded off to the Bundschuh. Later on I managed to escape from them and using the stolen ship to start trading, but this has become tiresome and I wish to put my skills to better use.

Why do you want to join The Core/APM?:Looking for a future, A good one where I can embrace alien technology

Recite Our Motto:

OoRP Form

How long have you been playing Freelancer Discovery for? 2 Weeks

Have you ever played a Core character before? No. Have you read the lore of The Core? Yes Do you know what The Core is?Yes:

How familiar are you with the Edge Worlds?Knopw my way around some of tthem, but not all yet

How would you rate your RP skills out of 10? 5

How would you rate your PvP skills out of 10? Have not Tried PVP Whau good in? Used an Osprey, but moved to Super Train for trading\profit purposes

Why do you want to join the The Core?Looking to be Part of a bigger social circle and explore and poartake more in the ever expanding universe

Do you already own a Core ship? No

What Country and/or Time Zone do you operate in?South Africa, GMT +2

What is your Discord ID (mandatory)? Snot0ssie#4568