Discovery Gaming Community
The Core Recruitment - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: The Core Recruitment (/showthread.php?tid=116859)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: The Core Recruitment - mrliberty90 - 05-31-2015

Your Age: 35

Where are you from?: Sigma 17 System

Previous Jobs/Roles/Experience: Janitor on Kurile for minimum wage

Detailed Background, a Paragraph (the more we can learn about you, the better): I born on Kurile (nasty place to be) and ended up being a kid of a poor family. I never got good education, but people always took pity on me and let me fly a ship around Kurile every once in a while. I become an amatuer pilot at age 13 (kinda illegal). After turning 18 the only job I could get was cleaning the platform of alien organisms trying to eat peoples shoes/infect the water. Eventually, I saved up enough money to buy my own ship and started trading. I became wealthy fast due to the Liberty Ale price in Tau-31. After a while, I decided to attempt to find more interesting work. Leading me here, to the core.

Why do you want to join The Core?: After being told by Spark over the channels about the details of the faction I thought it would be unique work. Act as the good people, but at the same time go tyrannical blowing everything up and socializing in fun ways. This is the kind of work I seek (unlike that crap back on Kurile) and is therefore my reasoning for joining the Core.

OORP Form
How long have you been playing Freelancer Discovery for?: Ever since version 4.84 (with massive vacation intervals).

Have you ever played a BHG Core character before? Do you know about The BHG Core?: I have not, and I do not know much about the Core except for what is mentioned in the RP form.

How familiar are you with the Edgeworlds?:In the recent versions they mix me up a bit, but back in 4.86 and below I had them practically memorized.

How would you rate your RP skills out of 10?:6

How would you rate your PvP skills out of 10? What ship-types are you good in?: 4. I am very terrible at fighting small targets and therefore prefer a bomber to take down capital ships.

Why do you want to join the The Core?: I always enjoy an active faction (unlike most of the other ones here) and love combat, even though I can be terrible at it. The edge worlds are interesting to explore and it's fun to do so with friends.

Finally, what is your Skype?:mrliberty20

RE: The Core Recruitment - Dark_Predator - 05-31-2015

RP Form
Your Name:
Robert Harms

Your Age:

Where are you from?:
Planet Houston, Texas system

Previous Jobs/Roles/Experience:
BHG| contracts against corsairs mostly and sometimes against the order.

Detailed Background, a Paragraph (the more we can learn about you, the better):
I was born on Planet Houston in Harms family. When I was 15 my father took me with him to a long trip through the Kusari and Rheinland space, he was a trader and has a lot of orders on this way. I saw many different and nice systems. I was not alone in a family. I have a brother Eric. When I was 20 years old me and my brother came to the station Rostock in Omega-15 to see how bounty hunters are doing their training on fighters. It was really awesome, hunters are good pilots. We were there for a week, because after that we have got a transmission from our father - he was in Omega-41 with a Diamonds, his transport was moving to the New Berlin system but..he was engaged by a group of corsairs. Of course we couldn't do anything with that, we didn't fly at fighters at all, only on his large transport. That's why we asked bounty hunters to help our father to get out from that hell. In an hour in Omega-41 were 4 hunters but.. unfortunately ..a transport of our father was destroyed and they didn't found his escape pod.. so it is possible that corsairs took him to their base... Since then we didn't hear anything about our father. This day me and Eric enrolled to the bounty hunter's school, because it was the only way to a vengeance. Now it doesn't matter who is this bad guy - corsair or hessian, outcast or any other pirate - they will feel the fire that I feel in my heart, my Supernova cannon is always ready to show them who is Harms - he is a bounty hunter. Nowadays I have an apartments in the Omicron Delta and I was in many combats and saw the Core's pilots and I am sure I can do this work with them.

Why do you want to join The Core?:
All my previous work was in Omicrons (corsair's heads hunting) and now the Core are most powerfull there and I think I can be a good part of this organisation.

OORP Form
How long have you been playing Freelancer Discovery for?:
Since 2009.

Have you ever played a BHG Core character before? Do you know about The BHG Core?:
I played for BHG| then they were offical faction.

How familiar are you with the Edgeworlds?:
That's my favourite place.

How would you rate your RP skills out of 10?:

How would you rate your PvP skills out of 10? What ship-types are you good in?:
9 on bomber

Why do you want to join the The Core?:
It is a powerfull organisation and I want to be a part of it.

Finally, what is your Skype?:
adreno_benitez

RE: The Core Recruitment - The Core - 05-31-2015

Markus Prescott, Robert Harms;
You applications are suitable for enrollment in The Core. You have been accepted.

Mr. Janitor, you haven't given me a name. Even still, we feel that you're not ready for The Core. Try re-applying when you are ready.

RE: The Core Recruitment - ChillerMiller - 06-05-2015

RP Form
Your Name: Rosalie Schmitt

Your Age: 32

Where are you from?: Planet Baden-Baden, Rheinland

Previous Jobs/Roles/Experience: Soldier, Mercenary, Criminal (?)

Detailed Background, a Paragraph (the more we can learn about you, the better): I was born to a wealthy family as the oldest of three daughters on lovely Planet Baden-Baden in the Stuttgart system. It was a super boring life and I hated every bit of it. That was also the reason why I “escaped” it once I turned eighteen, leaving a very disgruntled family behind. I decided to travel the houses and looked for work that might be interesting for me.

Unfortunately, I lost most of my memories during a rather serious accident a few years ago. Luckily, I kept a record of the most important things I did during my life so I was able to recover at least some of my memories. Apparently I was a fighter pilot of the Colonial Republic, then a Freelancer working for the Blood Dragons and then I was a Mandalorian Mercenary. But as I said before, these are just from my records, so I just have to believe it.

Anyway, after my accident, I decided to return to Rheinland to sort of re-unite with my family. Turns out there was only my youngest sister left, who had also turned into your typical Rheinland Military lapdog. She actually became the new Admiral a couple of months ago. In other words, she became some sort of iron lady that I don’t want to spend my time with.

So I decided that it was the perfect time to start another journey, this time into the Edgeworlds.

Why do you want to join The Core?: After staying in the Edgeworlds for some time, it appears to me that the Core is the most influential power in that region. I would be a fool to work for the weaker side.

OORP Form
How long have you been playing Freelancer Discovery for?: February 2010 I think…

Have you ever played a BHG Core character before? Do you know about The BHG Core?: Nein. I’ve read your faction status and some of the “drama” concerning the Core in various skype chats. I think that should be sufficient.

How familiar are you with the Edgeworlds?:Well I know where Gamma is so…

How would you rate your RP skills out of 10?: 7

How would you rate your PvP skills out of 10? What ship-types are you good in?: 8. I only fly fighters, very rarely bombers.

Why do you want to join the The Core?: It’s active. It shoots stuff. I like active factions that shoot stuff. Oh and I haven’t bothered with the Edgeworld all that much, so it might be worth a try to play in a different region for a change.

Finally, what is your Skype?: danny-lee.knoles

RE: The Core Recruitment - TheFreelancer - 06-05-2015

RP Form

Your Name: Doug O'Neill

Your Age: 26

Where are you from?: Arranmore Base, Dublin

Previous Jobs/Roles/Experience: Molly, Freelancer, And i worked for the BAF for a few years

Detailed Background, a Paragraph (the more we can learn about you, the better): Well, I was born the only child in my family, my family weren't too well off either, I mostly spent time with my dad in his rusty old ship flying around the gold fields, I was always curious of what was outside the asteroid fields, but my father told me never to exit the asteroids until i was older, I asked him why and he said "you'll see!"

When I was old enough i got my own ship, and I was free to fly wherever I wanted, I enjoyed visiting the Hood, which was a nice place to have a chat and a drink, some of the "Hunters" there didnt really like me all too much, but that didnt bother me. One day I decided not to visit the hood but instead fly to new london, that was the biggest mistake I had ever made, once I reached New London, I wasnt greeted very nicely, i was greeted with a bang, my ship lost oxygen and I was a knocked out wreck, left for dead, but then a lovely man by the name of Sean saved me!

turns out my family werent too happy with me, my father then died in a voilent colision with a mine near greaves when I was 19, I was heartbroen when my father died, I couldnt take it all, so I wiped my Rep clean and headed off, thats when i became a Freelancer, I rented an old starblazer, and saved up some cash for a decent ship, for the next 4 years I was a Freelancer, then eventually the BAF saw some potential in me and I joined the BAF

I was in the BAF for a few years, I enjoyed it and had some great buddies there, then I decided I wanted to resume Freelancing, started exploring uncharted space, because i was curious to see what lies outside the charted systems, it was pretty scary at times, but I enjoyed it!

Why do you want to join The Core?: Well, I have nothing really to do, I spend my spare time exploring and want to find somthing more productive to do. I was pretty hessitant on joining!

OORP Form
How long have you been playing Freelancer Discovery for?: January 2015, dont let that put you off though, i have been playing vanilla for as long as the game was out, so im not too shabby!

Have you ever played a BHG Core character before? Do you know about The BHG Core?: No, and No, but I like to try new factions and core is one I havent tried before!

How familiar are you with the Edgeworlds?: Very, I know where almost every jumphole and base is, When I started the Disco mod, I got a fairly decent ship and that was the first place i went, i always liked the Edgeworlds, even in Vanilla!

How would you rate your RP skills out of 10?: 6, still aint great at the RP yet, but im good enough

How would you rate your PvP skills out of 10? What ship-types are you good in?: 7, I can fly most ships pretty well, but I love Cruisers!

Why do you want to join the The Core?: I have an Order character already, so i decided why not try out the other side as I love trying new things!

Finally, what is your Skype?: Dont use skype, i have always been a pretty shy guy!

RE: The Core Recruitment - The Core - 06-06-2015

Rosalie Schmitt;
You have been accepted to The Core. We expect great things.

Doug O'Neill;
We don't feel that you're ready for The Core yet, try reapplying in a week or so and flying alongside with us in the meantime.

RE: The Core Recruitment - Venture - 06-07-2015

RP Form
Your Name: Markus Link

Your Age: 24

Where are you from?: Liberty.

Previous Jobs/Roles/Experience: I was a...LSF Agent. Stayed there for 4 years. Also, flew for the Liberty Navy for 2 years.

Detailed Background, a Paragraph (the more we can learn about you, the better): My name...is Markus Link. I was born on Planet Manhattan in the year 796 A.S. My mother died giving birth to me, my...father, was a Navy Captain, he was the captain of a gunboat. Due to my family's military background I enrolled in a military school at the age of 5. I completed it when I was 16. I then took advanced flight training and then I got enrolled in the Liberty Navy as a cadet at the age of 18.

So, one day, my father decided that the Liberty Navy was corrupt and immoral, he deserted with his men and was never seen again. I heard once that he might be now in the Hellfire Legion, but I never saw him again.
So I served in the Navy for two years, then I decided to apply for LSF, I really liked their work and I didn't had to do a lot more extra training since I was coming in from the Liberty Navy.

So I served there for four years, their training methods and missions were pretty dangerous and harsh, and they're what they have made me now today. I don't even get any humor now. Now, I left at the very end due to...well, they intentionally send us on a mission to the omicrons to get infected with nomads so they can collect 'specimens' for study. I discovered the plot before it happened and escaped. So since then I have been roving the Omicrons making cash here and there, doing odd jobs. Now, I want to join you guys.

Why do you want to join The Core?: I like their political style, it is a mostly new solution to a harsh problem, that is, the Omicrons and Nomads.

OORP Form
How long have you been playing Freelancer Discovery for?: Since 2008

Have you ever played a BHG Core character before? Do you know about The BHG Core?: Not much because I never joined the BHG Core, but I do know their motives, their history, their goals.

How familiar are you with the Edgeworlds?: Pretty familiar. I once navigated without a navmap.

How would you rate your RP skills out of 10?: 9

How would you rate your PvP skills out of 10? What ship-types are you good in?: 8, I am pretty good in the Fighter/Bomber class.

Why do you want to join the The Core?: It's offers access to a pretty diverse and RP-rich part of discovery.

Finally, what is your Skype?: facebook:daniyal_awesome

RE: The Core Recruitment - Grand Rose Petal - 06-07-2015

RP Form
Your Name: Name forgotten, code name Grand Rose Petal

Your Age: 21

Where are you from?: Omega's, this is all I recall

Previous Jobs/Roles/Experience: Freelancer Agent. Sent on several covert missions by the LSF primary fleet, including recon on a Gallic Royal Navy prison deep within the Maine system and getting out alive with the intel, as well as several 'hit man' contracts.

Detailed Background, a Paragraph (the more we can learn about you, the better): -INFORMATION REDACTED-
All that is known about Grand Rose Petal is that she was rescued by a primary fleet Liberty Navy captain and sense then has worked covertly for the house. It seems in recent times that she left for unknown reasons. At this time she is currently wanted by two houses, the first being Gallia for operations taken against them, the second is Kusari for stopping several armed naval force ships and destroying them. She has yet to fail any mission given to her, and normally is ruthless when it comes to combat.

Why do you want to join The Core?: -REDACTED-
See above information

OORP Form
How long have you been playing Freelancer Discovery for?: 3-4 Years (This is an alt account)

Have you ever played a BHG Core character before? Do you know about The BHG Core?:I've played several BHG and Core

How familiar are you with the Edgeworlds?: Very much so sense when Toledo was still covered in ice and that Core was lead by their old leader

How would you rate your RP skills out of 10?: 8 (but people tend to say I'm higher)

How would you rate your PvP skills out of 10? What ship-types are you good in?: 9ish

Why do you want to join the The Core?: Lyth knows why over PM

Finally, what is your Skype?: Again, I told Lyth this over PM

RE: The Core Recruitment - The Core - 06-08-2015

Markus Link, Grand Rose Petal;
Your applications are sufficient and thus you have been accepted. May you serve The Core well.

RE: The Core Recruitment - Banned player t202085 - 06-11-2015

Application Revoked