Discovery Gaming Community
Keep the old or convert to the new [BHG capittal ship design] - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Keep the old or convert to the new [BHG capittal ship design] (/showthread.php?tid=118207)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Keep the old or convert to the new [BHG capittal ship design] - n00bl3t - 07-24-2014

(07-24-2014, 07:06 AM)Oldum Wrote:
(07-24-2014, 03:29 AM)Kirkmaximus Wrote:
Quote:http://p3d.in/g4GST Caps size comparison

Mako best battleship? And i thought you can't go any lower.

Thank you for this link Scumbag. This is a very useful tool. It gives me a very awesome perspective on the different ships we have in Disco.

May be in time (and with a lot practice) I might try designing a few models of my own, but I doubt they will be as nearly as good as Jinx's. Cool

It's a bit off topic, but I've noticed a ship next to the bretonian carrier ... looks bretonian to me, but I never met that one ... So someone is being sneaky ? Big Grin

I'm seeing ships I've never seen before. Might actually be time to "Discover" things. Big Grin

Also, those poll results seem to indicate people posting are not indicative of actual trends.

RE: Keep the old or convert to the new [BHG capittal ship design] - Scumbag - 07-24-2014

http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=116727

Read this thread, that's where i posted the comparison first.

RE: Keep the old or convert to the new [BHG capittal ship design] - Oldum - 07-24-2014

(07-24-2014, 07:13 AM)n00bl3t Wrote: I'm seeing ships I've never seen before. Might actually be time to "Discover" things. Big Grin

Also, those poll results seem to indicate people posting are not indicative of actual trends.

One of those I deffinately can recall, but I had no idea it's in the game files ... Jinx you sneaky .. Big Grin

Back on topic, Jinx wrote that the BHG caps should resemble a bit of Liberty origin due to lore and stuff ... IMO , from the models Jinx made, I can find many that would resemble a libertonian origin in shape a lot more ( even if it might need a retexture, or a bit of color change.) than the ones shown in the OP. Not to mention that the current BHG caps resemble absolutely no signs of liberty origin, unless we take the color scheme as one, but then that could go for many other ships.

Just a few exapmles I could think of...and found posted by Jinx

RE: Keep the old or convert to the new [BHG capittal ship design] - Scumbag - 07-24-2014

If you change the ships after the Core active faction explicitly said they don't want to, i believe that you will succeed in killing it of completely. You do what you want to do, it's your mod but it's a shame that it has reached this state. It could have been so much better.

RE: Keep the old or convert to the new [BHG capittal ship design] - Karst - 07-24-2014

When I heard you were redoing the Core shipline, I was pretty skeptical since I quite like those models.

I gotta say though, these look amazing. Especially the Bullhead is a huge improvement.
The old one really was pretty ridiculous with those endless rows of windows. This new one looks genuinely intimidating, the front section reminds me of some kind of evil helmet or face mask.
I think it's fitting to give Core ships a "tougher" look, more armor and fewer windows.

10/10, would log K'Hara and sit next to cloaked to appreciate the details.

(07-22-2014, 09:17 PM)Scumbag Wrote: http://p3d.in/g4GST Caps size comparison

Edit: And big kudos to Scumbag for linking this, that's really useful.

RE: Keep the old or convert to the new [BHG capittal ship design] - Mímir - 07-24-2014

Yes the window-removal is a step-up, and the Bullhead (and Moray) are a bit sketchy, but to me these new ships just seem a bit soulless, maybe? I don't know how else to describe it. While they might be ships I would log in to shoot or look at while fresh and new; I wouldn't be particularly interested in piloting them myself. If I did, I think I would spend every second in my new Mako reminiscing over how cool the old one was. Ofc if you can guarantee that their stats are through the roof, I might be interested Tongue

How about just replacing the Bullhead? And is it possible to just retexture the old ships to lose the windows?

Besides from the textures, these BH ships do not resemble Liberty, no. Corsairs have ships that are far more "Liberty", even though the infocard on the Murm makes no mention of that, nor the Osiris. The old BH caps don't look Liberty either, how about we just say the internal components are derived from Libertonian ones?

I am really also not a big fan of antennae/random weird things sticking out of ships, like on this Mako. All they seem to do is make you get stuck in asteroid fields and generally annoy you. It's not like they really make you easier to hit, is it?

tl;dr: No, pls no x2.

RE: Keep the old or convert to the new [BHG capittal ship design] - Lythrilux - 07-24-2014

At the very least, I'd rather work alongside Jinx on the design of these. Currently, I'm the largest and only voice for the Core, the people who actually play the faction, so it'd be a good idea to talk to us about it.

RE: Keep the old or convert to the new [BHG capittal ship design] - Sath - 07-24-2014

Why can't we see who voted for what btw? Going by the things, I don't even know if people who "actually" play a Core character and use those ships would have voted.

Right now it is just numbers, which cannot be justified imo

RE: Keep the old or convert to the new [BHG capittal ship design] - Vredes - 07-26-2014

We are trying to revive the Core faction. Most of the people in it are there for the ships. So if the ships are changed to these brick like things you might as well kill the faction.

Only the Bullhead deserves a replace, but not this one.

RE: Keep the old or convert to the new [BHG capittal ship design] - Lonely_Ghost - 07-26-2014

I like current Core ships. I remember my Core dessy, and she was sexy.

Again, why fix what isn't broken?

P.S. New models also looks great, many thanks to Jinx, so, why not to add them, as new ships, like Tresher MK II, Bullhead MK II, Mako MK II. Yeah, new generation of Core caps are commissioned for service, but previouse generation ships still remaining in service and widely being used.
Profit: Everybody happy.