Discovery Gaming Community
I'm so glad we're not like EVE - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Flood (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: I'm so glad we're not like EVE (/showthread.php?tid=118265)

Pages: 1 2

I'm so glad we're not like EVE - lIceColon - 07-23-2014

A review of EVE Wrote:there seemed to be a lingering resentment towards players who choose to pve or mine or whatever, and i read more than a few forum posts that were more like essays on how the elitist players are right in how they grief players who choose to mine, likening them to worse than mindless drones that deserve to die over and over. it felt like i was reading the manifesto of a sociopath, rather than a reasoned sensible opinion.

I'm so glad this community is nothing like EVE, and there is no attitude such as this whatsoever that prevents players from enjoying the game.

RE: I'm so glad we're not like EVE - sindroms - 07-23-2014

Sometimes it is worse.

RE: I'm so glad we're not like EVE - Sabru - 07-23-2014

EVE is one game where avoiding the forum is a good thing.

the general attitude ingame, in my experience, is much much better than the forum attitude.

i think the forum is a large part of why people tend to think bad of EVE.

RE: I'm so glad we're not like EVE - Fluffyball - 07-23-2014

(07-23-2014, 08:44 AM)Sabre Wrote: EVE is one game where avoiding the forum is a good thing.

the general attitude ingame, in my experience, is much much better than the forum attitude.

Can't say really. Why? Because no money, no time and no decent PC to play EVE.

RE: I'm so glad we're not like EVE - KUBANA - 07-23-2014

EVE has its dark sides but many nice sides and I think that this mod could take an example from some EVEish stuff Smile

LIKE SPECIAL TRAITS FOR SOME SHIPS! (Yes we're talking about Resheph and bonus to scanner strength Wink )

RE: I'm so glad we're not like EVE - Lonely_Ghost - 07-23-2014

(07-23-2014, 10:02 AM)KUBANA Wrote: EVE has its dark sides but many nice sides and I think that this mod could take an example from some EVEish stuff Smile

LIKE SPECIAL TRAITS FOR SOME SHIPS! (Yes we're talking about Resheph and bonus to scanner strength Wink )

Never played EVE, and not never going to, because, I hate "clicks" if it's not RTS or any other form of strategy.

RE: I'm so glad we're not like EVE - KUBANA - 07-23-2014

(07-23-2014, 10:14 AM)Lonely_Ghost Wrote:
(07-23-2014, 10:02 AM)KUBANA Wrote: EVE has its dark sides but many nice sides and I think that this mod could take an example from some EVEish stuff Smile

Never played EVE, and not never going to, because, I hate "clicks" if it's not RTS or any other form of strategy.

Cap ship control is way much better that way.

You can actively control your shields, weapon systems, engines, repairs and stuff

RE: I'm so glad we're not like EVE - Zayne Carrick - 07-23-2014

Sorry what?
Disco obviously have PvP elitists as opposition to traders/miners

RE: I'm so glad we're not like EVE - Narcotic - 07-23-2014

Once an online game is played by too many people, it automatically becomes stupid.

That's what I've experienced.

There, I finally found something good about disco's supposed inactivity.

RE: I'm so glad we're not like EVE - Marabu - 07-23-2014

(07-23-2014, 08:44 AM)Sabre Wrote: EVE is one game where avoiding the forum is a good thing.

Uhm...

I think the OP was being sarcastic?

Cause... disco is exactly the same as the quote in the OP describes, concerning "cap whores", "powertraders", "powerminers", "jumptraders", "gankers".