Discovery Gaming Community
CL} - The Contari Lance + Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: CL} - The Contari Lance + Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=118378)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: CL} - The Contari Lance + Feedback - Danny-boy - 07-26-2014

I don't mind bringing the faction back - Infact I think that'd be quite cool.
However, the issues which caused it to disband (whatever those might be) in the first place must be resolved, otherwise nothing will be achieved and it will inevitably just disband again. That being said I've been away for quite some time so I don't know the specific issues as to why the faction disbanded or whether or not those issues have been resolved.

With all that in mind Good Luck to you guys and I hope you last longer this time round.

RE: CL} - The Contari Lance + Feedback - Luke. - 07-26-2014

(07-26-2014, 10:26 PM)Tunicle Wrote: Was wondering what the thinking was in resurrecting something from the past rather than just bring a new OC presence for the present into being?

The faction has lore behind it already, making it easier to just update the factions lore with the events that occured during it's active and official period. To me it just makes it much more logical to continue it forward. CL has a reputation and sure it wasn't a great one according to some people but the reform is a chance for me to turn that around and not tolerate the mistakes that were made last time.

(07-26-2014, 10:31 PM)Siren Stone Wrote: Does this have anything to do with the recent attempts at a new OC faction known as the Crimson Cross?

I know this is the feeling that you and a couple of others had. I'd like to stress that this resurrection has nothing to do with the appearance of the Crimson Cross or the Campania Cartel. Under no circumstances did I want to get in the way of alternate interpretations of Outcast lore or thwart newer players attempts to take the reigns. I'm glad that these other groups are around as it presents RP opportunities and we will be in contact with you once the ball's rolling again. As much of a coincidence as it may be, I'd been playing with the idea of bringing CL back for a week or two and support from a couple of other former HC members cemented it. As mentioned in the OoRP statement at the bottom of the OP, we feel now is a good time due to the lack of activity and the creation of other OC factions, allowing diversity to hopefully flourish.

(07-26-2014, 10:33 PM)Danny-boy Wrote: However, the issues which caused it to disband (whatever those might be) in the first place must be resolved, otherwise nothing will be achieved and it will inevitably just disband again. That being said I've been away for quite some time so I don't know the specific issues as to why the faction disbanded or whether or not those issues have been resolved.

With all that in mind Good Luck to you guys and I hope you last longer this time round.

The faction disbanded last time mainly due to problems with leadership. I went inactive for a little bit and then the guy I handed leadership to, also went inactive and didn't want to carry it on. Instead of sitting on the officialdom post and claiming that we're still alive when we clearly weren't, we collectively decided to disband it and keep our dignity.

Other than that, thank you for the feedback. I know some weren't a fan of the Lance from the get-go but I'm open to constructive criticism to help us push as much in the right direction as possible. We haven't forgotten about the 101st either and respect the fact that they still, to some small extent, exist. We will be collaborating with them and putting OoRP grudges behind us for the sake of not repeating events last time. In RP the civil war was justified and kind of following OC lore but behind-the-scenes it was purely fueled by tension between members of both factions. That's got to stop.

RE: CL} - The Contari Lance + Feedback - Enkidu - 07-27-2014

Absolutely awesome work guys - it's inspiring to see you lot return.

However, you missed a detail on your rep sheet; considering the considerable amount of ingame and on forum Rp between the CW| and the Contari Lance, shouldn't 'Commonwealth Zoners' be listed as friendly?

I don't see us anywhere there.

RE: CL} - The Contari Lance + Feedback - Luke. - 07-27-2014

You guys had basically disappeared by the time we disbanded, I do apologise as I did kinda forget that. Added, thank you.

RE: CL} - The Contari Lance + Feedback - Juzt156 - 07-27-2014

awww yay Outcast faction. Always wanted to play as an outcast, plus it gives my CR someone esle to get shot up by. Win win.

RE: CL} - The Contari Lance + Feedback - Vredes - 07-31-2014

Is it just me or I dont see the Corsairs marked as hostile?

RE: CL} - The Contari Lance + Feedback - Cashew - 07-31-2014

I see it..

RE: CL} - The Contari Lance + Feedback - Contari Lance - 07-31-2014

Though it would go without saying, that's an oversight by me, my bad. Added in.

Roster also updated.

RE: CL} - The Contari Lance + Feedback - Contari Lance - 08-15-2014

Roster updated again. Any more feedback is highly welcome!

RE: CL} - The Contari Lance + Feedback - King Owl - 08-15-2014

I really like the fact that you guys have brought bakc a nice faction.On the other hand i do not like the fact the you adopted Omicega style , and instead of bringing a lot of people , you bring a lot of aces...However keep up the good work, and to RP and pews