Discovery Gaming Community
PoB Bio-domes. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: PoB Bio-domes. (/showthread.php?tid=118439)

Pages: 1 2

PoB Bio-domes. - Sparx - 07-27-2014

I mean lot's of actual stations have bio-domes.
I was just wondering wouldn't it be pretty cool if the base models where enlarged slightly to be able to build a bio dome.
The general idea would be you would be able to use them to generate.
Food Rations/Luxury Food
And a small amount of oxygen.
For examples.

1 Bio-dome produces.
X Food rations per hour or <X Luxury food per hour.
X Oxygen per hour.

The general feel of it would be to either use a Bio-dome as a means to generate Food and Oxygen or to make it grow Luxury food (or some crop) to generate a small amount of cash not much but a bit.

I just want to see how people would feel about this and whether it's a good idea or not. I mean it's pretty balanced if you ask me.[/color]

RE: PoB Bio-domes. - Jack_Henderson - 07-27-2014

I think adding biodome could be good for that SRP after Core 5 when bases do not need FWO any more, as mentioned in the rules on bases.

RE: PoB Bio-domes. - larzac - 07-27-2014

Well, even before Core 5 it would be good. I dont know if it would be possible to show it ingame, but just add it like a new module as cloak builder. And of course it would need some comodities to make people viable, like fertilizer.

RE: PoB Bio-domes. - Highland Laddie - 07-27-2014

More diverse things to build on PoBs is good, especially if they help make a base more self-sustaining.

I would still love it if there were refinery or processing modules that could produce more rare/expensive commodities or weapons/equipment.

RE: PoB Bio-domes. - Cashew - 07-27-2014

+1 spoke to you about it on skype, would add a lot more to PoB's

RE: PoB Bio-domes. - Sparx - 07-27-2014

Just adding to an issue I found. If you where to grow luxury food to sell it would need a system so that your crew eats X food first then Y food if X runs out. Or in this case the crew eats all the rations before the Luxury food.

On a side note it would open up RP if you could grow a large amount of crops in bio-domes. Imagine having an illegal base growing Cardamine in a Core system.

RE: PoB Bio-domes. - Wildkins - 07-27-2014

Synth Foods, Incorporated would just like to remind all base builders that use of the proprietary BioDomeā„¢ technology requires a one-time payment of 30.000.000 s.c to Wildkins[Bank]. In addition, Synth Foods, Incorporated will own a portion of that station dependent on the volume of the BioDomeā„¢ proportional to the entirety of the station.

but no, I really like this idea.

RE: PoB Bio-domes. - Highland Laddie - 07-27-2014

Well....about growing luxury food.....what would stop you from plopping a base right next to a high selling point for Luxury food and then mass producing it? I'd see that as abuse.

I'd rather bases produce NEW and unique things/equipment, not things that are already purchasable elsewhere, at least where trade commodities are concerned.

RE: PoB Bio-domes. - Wildkins - 07-27-2014

Here's an idea:

Make it so the biodomes reduce the required food / oxygen / water, but doesn't produce any new commodities? Or, perhaps, create a new commodity that can be used as food rations instead.

(synth paste 4 food commodity 2015)

RE: PoB Bio-domes. - Lord.MacRae - 07-27-2014

Luxury food can not be created in a space station's biodomes, it needs a planet with adequate atmospehre and minerals. But oxygen and normal food rations would make sense. Also please add/create more different addons for PoBs, like a control room or mining facility addon (even if it is has no use but looks good, with use of course better).