Discovery Gaming Community
POB improvement - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: POB improvement (/showthread.php?tid=118465)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

POB improvement - larzac - 07-28-2014

Hello guys,
In POB Bio-domes we spoke of some improvement for PoB's. It's to add new modules. I will list here every ideas and edit this post when you add some after. So give every idea that you have.

3 paths for PoB: After core 2, owner will have to choose which kind of PoB he wants: Science - Trade - Military. Each way give particular option. For example, only Science PoB will be able to build cloak. Only Trade PoB will be able to have Mining facility and only Military PoB will be able to build armor/weapons/shield and some special comodities like military vehicules.

Bio-domes: Create Food and Oxygen, need fertilizer/water as supply

Mining facility: Create comodity from ore (for example: 1 niobum ore give 4/5 niobum)

Bar: Create different alcohol from divert comodities (Sake from rice, vodka from corn...)

Ship Hull pannels facility: Create Ship hull pannels from Prenium scrap and/or scrap. (dont have idea about the amount needed)

Shipyard: Production of (special) ships. Like an SRP but directly ingame (the affiliation of the faction would determine the ship that is build, 1 for each kind). Would need a lot of comodities.

Prodution facility: Create new comodity from another one,the production facility could build armor/weapons/shield or a lot of other things.

Light ship factory: PoB generated equipment for Light Fighters to have a speed boost like NOS would for car engines.

Scrap facility: Transform weapons in scrap depending of the level of the weapon.

Different price between Buy/Sold:
Put a different when you buy a commdity than we you sell it.
For example: You buy Niobum ore at 3000 but sell it at 4000.

Hide room: Only some ID/IFF can see some kind of commodities. For example, on a junker PoB, only junkers/rogues/outcast ID ship can see cardamine.

give your ideas plz, i will add them.

RE: POB improvement - Gulryz - 07-28-2014

I like the Idea and hope, Devs like it also, There is another Idea of shipyard get in my mind, making ships in POB, and making real Shipyards, It need materials to construct and different qualities etc

RE: POB improvement - larzac - 07-28-2014

(07-28-2014, 09:05 AM)osama gulryz Wrote: I like the Idea and hope, Devs like it also, There is another Idea of shipyard get in my mind, making ships in POB, and making real Shipyards, It need materials to construct and different qualities etc

Mhh, i dont know if make ships is possible. that would be very hard to code for devs i think. I will add it anyway, they will see what they can do and what they cant.

RE: POB improvement - Gulryz - 07-28-2014

(07-28-2014, 09:06 AM)larzac Wrote:
(07-28-2014, 09:05 AM)osama gulryz Wrote: I like the Idea and hope, Devs like it also, There is another Idea of shipyard get in my mind, making ships in POB, and making real Shipyards, It need materials to construct and different qualities etc

Mhh, i dont know if make ships is possible. that would be very hard to code for devs i think. I will add it anyway, they will see what they can do and what they cant.

I know it is hard, a lot hard but still it will be fun to have real POB shipyards in ship dealer sub form, also I am talking about normal ships and If a company SRP there own model then it will be a lot of more fun

RE: POB improvement - FynnMcScrap - 07-28-2014

It is possible to consume commodities in a Base to get one single and specified object like a cloak or a PoB upgrade like a factory.

But what about conversion of one or several commodities into a different commodity ?
Like in my excemple from scrap, Premscrap and maby ... fuel and a certain amount of ore or steel into for excemple Hull Pannels ? Even producing ship upgrades like Armour could be interesting. Build my own Smelter... jup, I would love that.

Its not all about availability for me... I would like my Base some day to earn its own money for resupplying. I would still have to haul stuff like a maniac, and I like it that way ;-)

If I then have to get exotic materials like Promethium, or Iridium ore , or if there would be the possibility to further refine the Ores to halfware or endware products... that would give economy a boost !

What about two or more different *upgrade paths* for a PoB ?

Science - Trade - Military ?

After Core 2 you would have to choose witch Path the PoB takes , and would not be able to change that without downgrade it to Core 2 again.

This also links to my suggestion of making a Base downgradeable through siege :
If you reduce a PoB to zero HP it goes inactive, and only an Admin can reactivate it ( and decide if its destroyed or downgraded ) , but you loose all weapon platforms.

So perhaps a military PoB does NOT loose weapon platforms, a Trade PoB is the only one to build a Smelter and a Science Platform is the only one to build cloaks, docking modules and other high-tech stuff ?

I see 2 problems :
developing tools / time
and game balance

I only have ideas ;-)

RE: POB improvement - FynnMcScrap - 07-28-2014

*edited and expanded last post*

Well, admins have others things to do than take care of every PoB so i dont think it's a good idea. but about 3 paths for PoB, it seems interesting. The problem is: What are we doing with PoB existant?
i will add your idea of 3 path, but it would be good if an Admin/dev can say what he thinks of that and if it's even possible?

RE: POB improvement - Oldum - 07-28-2014

(07-28-2014, 08:37 AM)larzac Wrote: Hello guys,
In POB Bio-domes we spoke of some improvement for PoB's. It's to add new modules. I will list here every ideas and edit this post when you add some after. So give every idea that you have.

Bio-domes: Create Food and Oxygen, need fertilizer/water as supply

Mining facility: Create comodity from ore (for example: 1 niobum ore give 4/5 niobum)

Ship Hull pannels facility: Create Ship hull pannels from Prenium scrap and/or scrap. (dont have idea about the amount needed)

These 3 could be used to make PoBs more self sustaining I think.
For Example: The Bio-dome , if supplied with "x"k water and "y"k fertilizer or anything such, would produce food supplies enough for a week ( probably depending core lvl )

A Mining facility ( Smelter ) using "x"k of something and "y"k of something to produce Reinfirced Alloy so the base could continue to repair W&T damage. Although after core 5 it would become useless, but untill that, it would make sense.

The SHP factory could be used as above, to produce "better" repair equipment, but that's just a guess. ( although the point of this would be to lift the pressure of a person having to power grind like crazy in case he/she can't find a group for some reason to help keeping a PoB alive.

So basically you'd still need to supply your station, but on a less urgent timespam, leaving time for everything else.

Shipyard: Production of (special) ships. Like an SRP but directly ingame. Would need a lot of comodities.

I don't really know if this would have a point, but if someone can come up with a good way for it, why not.

Prodution facility: Create new comodity from another one,the production facility could build armor/weapons/shield or a lot of other things.

Simple solution ! CODENAME weapon factory. InRP it would make more sense then being looted from a floating wreck ... ( then how do you loot a gazillion if them ? ) Maybe adding special equipments or making BS/Spyglass Scanner or Special Thrusters PoB built.

3 paths for PoB: After core 2, owner will have to choose which kind of PoB he wants: Science - Trade - Military. Each way give particular option. For example, only Science PoB will be able to build cloak. Only Trade PoB will be able to have Mining facility and only Military PoB will be able to build armor/weapons/shield and some special comodities like military vehicules.

Problem with this would be the already existing core 4 bases ( dunno if there are core 5 ones out there) that already have tons of stuff built on them. But if there would simply be new modules to build, then it would be easier to fe. get rid of a module in order to have a self sustaining base.

Also, allowing bases to have 1 or 2 moduls more per core lvl would make room for things. After all, a core 4/5 station should be a pretty big something capable of mostly anything.

Well, existing PoB is the problem with 3 paths. If admins had to change every extisting PoB it would be a lot of work...
But As you said maybe a new module or something like that. About self sustaining module, it would be a choice as you said. People who can easily supply there PoB wont need it like it will take 1 spot, but it will be usefull for people who have their own PoB or even if faction dont want to supply there PoB every day. About CODENAME, i am not sure. CODENAME are experimental weapons, so except if people can get plans of them somewhere, it would be illogic to be able to build them. Maybe new weapons only build in PoB?

RE: POB improvement - Oldum - 07-28-2014

(07-28-2014, 10:48 AM)larzac Wrote: Well, existing PoB is the problem with 3 paths. If admins had to change every extisting PoB it would be a lot of work...
But As you said maybe a new module or something like that. About self sustaining module, it would be a choice as you said.
People who can easily supply there PoB wont need it like it will take 1 spot, but it will be usefull for people who have their own PoB or even if faction dont want to supply there PoB every day.
Exactly . If someone wants to have those, they can buld those. it would give PoBs a lot wider range of possibilities and a lot of differenc between bases. Also would help keeping them alive.

(07-28-2014, 10:48 AM)larzac Wrote: About CODENAME, i am not sure. CODENAME are experimental weapons, so except if people can get plans of them somewhere, it would be illogic to be able to build them. Maybe new weapons only build in PoB?

Well, it would make more sense then "looting" them from wrecks .. btw, it's already so prototype that every second Navy/Bounty Hunter Indie is running around with them, so it would make sense that people figured out how they could be reproduced, like NPC bases selling some of them already ...