Discovery Gaming Community
Kusari Explorer - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Kusari Explorer (/showthread.php?tid=118488)

Pages: 1 2

Kusari Explorer - Vredes - 07-28-2014

Could I have some feedback on that ship? Compared to the other 2 civilian GBs it has a hull too low for a Heavy Gb as well as is 1 weapon short than the standard heavy Gb. Is it worth buying for other reasons than RP?

RE: Kusari Explorer - KaiserDietz - 07-28-2014

In my opinion, the Kusari Explorer is, by far, the worst heavy gunboat.

It's meant to suffer some deficiencies as it is a "civilian" construct and can't have military grade building, which is the roleplay reason for it being less effective. As compared to the other civilian gunboat, (pretty sure the third you're referring to is borderworlds?) it has "explorer" in the name, hence built for something other than combat, much like the zoner corvo isn't (roleplay at least) designed for combat.

It is also crazy wide and easy to hit, doesn't handle well, and really doesn't look very nice, in addition to what was mentioned in OP.

RE: Kusari Explorer - Vredes - 07-28-2014

So it is expensive, slow, big, low on weps and outdated. Doesnt it need a little buff? And btw Corvo is good in PvP you just need to know that it is a Gunboat not a Cruiser Big Grin

RE: Kusari Explorer - Narcotic - 07-28-2014

I just realized;

The KusEx is a good example for people always wanting to fly the "best" ship. In .85, when it was the only gunboat available to civilians/freelancers (and most corps), we litteraly had a KusEx spam. Everyone and their dog was flying one.

And since .87 I haven't seen a single KusEx. Seriously, not a single one since at least a year. Already wondered what the reason for that was. But it's obviously because of its bad stats. Pathetic...

RE: Kusari Explorer - Johl45 - 07-28-2014

(07-28-2014, 05:41 PM)Narcotic Wrote: I just realized;

The KusEx is a good example for people always wanting to fly the "best" ship. In .85, when it was the only gunboat available to civilians/freelancers (and most corps), we litteraly had a KusEx spam. Everyone and their dog was flying one.

And since .87 I haven't seen a single KusEx. Seriously, not a single one since at least a year. Already wondered what the reason for that was. But it's obviously because of its bad stats. Pathetic...

COMPLETELY agree with narc here.
I too have NEVER seen a kusari explorer in 4.87 or even new Condor civilian gunboat.

RE: Kusari Explorer - Vredes - 07-28-2014

So are we getting a fix?

RE: Kusari Explorer - Omicron - 07-28-2014

(07-28-2014, 05:41 PM)Narcotic Wrote: I just realized;

For all intends and purposes it was the *only* freely available choice, whether one liked this ship's look or not. Whether it was under- or over-powered you cannot blame players for immediately dumping that junk (never flew KuEx myself, just like old waran) when more options became available.

RE: Kusari Explorer - EisenSeele - 07-29-2014

Errm. I use a BDM| KuEx for when I need an actual heavy gunboat. Compared to the Rheinland gunboat, it's got very good heavy arcs, and an actually appropriate amount of turrets.

It's decent for empty-dpsing enemy caps that are too busy shooting at other people - since it's got a heavy core and heavy DPS potential.

Against ships smaller than a heavy transport, KuEx doesn't fare well (unless you're very good at cerb insta'ing fighters). The arcs are good on plane (as in in a 360 degree circle around the ship flatwise), but are horrible above and below, and it's one of the few ships that actually turn more slowly than the Rheinland gunboat - meaning that dueling other gunboats will have to be jousting (something that no gunboat pilot that actually knows anything does against a heavy).

RE: Kusari Explorer - Ayatolah - 07-29-2014

Actually, i fought againstr some RS kuexes, they have one or two. i had a kuex too time ago and as has been said was the only option available, its ugly but has really decent firing arcs. Back in .85 the lack of agility was conpensated by the awesome account of 450 regens. And a tremendous firepwer with the old gb razors (i want them back!) you were able to chainfire a 6 shoot volley with that!

RE: Kusari Explorer - Trogdor - 07-29-2014

It also has a 600k/60k core. The Condor has a 400k/40k core and the Montante has a 500k/50k core.

And I doubt you'll find that its size/speed is any kind of practical disadvantage vs. any other gunboat.

However, having a heavy core is only a situational advantage. GB cerbs are too slow to use against other gunboats, so that leaves prims and solaris, which won't consume enough energy to drain that heavy core. So you may want to go with a primary setup, with 1 missile turret. Use the missile vs snubs and prims vs other GBs.