Discovery Gaming Community
Multiboxing - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Multiboxing (/showthread.php?tid=118718)

Pages: 1 2 3

Multiboxing - Sath - 08-03-2014

So, what can be done to prove that a player is multiboxing? Even after some 3 or 4 violation threads and some more evidences sent privately, the admins either don't respond or do anything in that regard. Or better put as, blatantly don't care about it.

Just one of them was kind enough to respond that they are "discussing" still, but that was some 3 weeks ago. If not, I would be pretty happy to have a few friend's laptops in my hostel so that I can also multibox, if that is so hard to find out/prove, or if that is no longer a rule anymore.
[/rant]

RE: Multiboxing - SnakThree - 08-03-2014

How is multiboxing ruining your fun here? Is it really worth going out of your way to crusade against rare incidents?

RE: Multiboxing - Zayne Carrick - 08-03-2014

Snak3's position.
Plus
Quote:So, what can be done to prove that a player is multiboxing?
/pingtarget both of them. If results will be same, he is multiboxing

RE: Multiboxing - Vredes - 08-03-2014

Blame them for 1.2, nothing else will get them banned.

RE: Multiboxing - Sath - 08-03-2014

(08-03-2014, 11:13 AM)Snak3 Wrote: How is multiboxing ruining your fun here? Is it really worth going out of your way to crusade against rare incidents?

It did, so after a series of events, though it didn't I would like to have that part checked.

Anyway, that is not the point here, since, if what I said is the case, and it is so hard to get a guy sanctioned for multiboxingor people dont care, I would multibox too. Afterall, I have a slew of roommates and friends who can just control the ship for me while I make billions of credits, justsayin....

RE: Multiboxing - Danny-boy - 08-03-2014

(08-03-2014, 11:16 AM)Zayne Carrick Wrote: Snak3's position.
Plus

It's likely he's multiboxing, they may not actually be multiboxing. If someone else in London (A city with quite a big population) is on the same ISP as me then I'm pretty sure we would get very similar results.
Also the /pingtarget will give the same results if people are using the same connection. I think it's possible for the admins to check the MAC address of people that may be multiboxing? If so that'd help find multiboxers (assuming they are using the same PC to do so).

Plus

The evidence I provided, includes that, as well as things that make the fact that they are multiboxing, more obvious than that. And the fact that I am having piss poor interaction with the whole group every single day is making me want to prove that he is multiboxing even more.

Today's interaction outside Malta was one such example.

RE: Multiboxing - Alley - 08-03-2014

Multiboxing used to be allowed for the transfer of equipment but like every single thing there's always people that abuse the system. We shall not mention Camtheman and his 5 traders multibox setup.

It's pretty easy to figure out who is multiboxing and who is playing with a few friends from the same place, it does require some technical expertise though.

RE: Multiboxing - Nerva - 08-03-2014

(08-03-2014, 11:05 AM)Moriarty. Wrote: So, what can be done to prove that a player is multiboxing?
Nothing. Except if he is an idiot and admits it.

(08-03-2014, 11:13 AM)Snak3 Wrote: How is multiboxing ruining your fun here? Is it really worth going out of your way to crusade against rare incidents?
Cheaters must suffer. All of them.

(08-03-2014, 11:16 AM)Zayne Carrick Wrote: /pingtarget both of them. If results will be same, he is multiboxing
"It was my (brother/friend/someone else) who speaks poor English."
Good luck proving that wrong.
Even now, I could boot up my second PC and wire it to the secondary Internet connection that happens to have different IP and different ping. I could also use accounts that are unrelated with the others.

(08-03-2014, 11:21 AM)Danny-boy Wrote:
Plus

It's likely he's multiboxing, they may not actually be multiboxing. If someone else in London (A city with quite a big population) is on the same ISP as me then I'm pretty sure we would get very similar results.
Also the /pingtarget will give the same results if people are using the same connection. I think it's possible for the admins to check the MAC address of people that may be multiboxing? If so that'd help find multiboxers (assuming they are using the same PC to do so).

I speak so much, only when I clearly know what I am doing. I am clear that that is the case here, since I have had clear evidences of such and sent it to the admins as well. Not like the one who is doing so, has contributed anything to the gameplay in terms of RP, swearing others who try to find out what he is doing.